GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Computer-challenged and need SCT help

Search this Thread

Old 11/26/09, 08:44 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Computer-challenged and need SCT help

To start this off on the right foot, I confess to being computer illiterate. I have an SCT Xcalibrator 2 that I got about 3 years ago. I have been running a tune from Paul's High Performance for that whole time and it is fine. But, I need to get it re-set for the 3.73s I'm about to put in. I'll send it back to PHP's and maybe ask them for a 91 octane tune while they're at it. Right now I have an 87 tune.

I need to put the stock tune back in. Pack up the SCT real good and ship it off. So to start, with the key off, I plug the gizmo into the OBD-II port (I know where that is). Then if I read the instructions right , I should see a menu displayed where I can scroll to the "Stock Tune". When that is displayed, what do I do? Hit Select? Should the thing do it's business and tell me when it is finished? Anything else to do other than take it out of the OBD plug? Turn the key on or off?

Sorry for the dopey questions, but I've only played with this thing once and that was 3 years ago.
I would appreciate a short 1-2-3 list to get me back to the stock tune before I send the unit back. I will be in your debt if you can help.

Thanks,

Signed Analog Joe (don't know no digital stuff)

Last edited by Northwest GT; 11/26/09 at 08:47 PM.
Old 11/26/09, 09:00 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
You should be able to make the change to compensate for the gears on your own w/out even contacting PHP.

If you do want the higher octane tune, he should be able to email it to you (I know other vendors do), and then you simply load it into your Xcal to then load to your car.

Are you interested in how to do this, or do you just want a simple answer to your original question?
Old 11/27/09, 11:08 AM
Mach 1 Member

O.C.D. If you don't mind

If you have the time to write down a list for idiots (that's me) on how to get the factory tune back it, I would appreciate it. I'm pretty good with hardware, but I don't trust myself with anything involving the computer. I'm even lucky that I can post this message.

If it's easier you could PM it to me offline.

I intend to send the tuner back to PHP. They did a good job first time around, and I think they will do well with this small change. As you say, I could probably do it myself, but..... Too risky for me.

Thanks,

Joe McDonald
Old 11/27/09, 11:35 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Hey Joe,

Here is a link to Taco Bill's DIY's. Scroll down the page and you will see some XCal stuff. This might help you. I just changed gears too and when you go to load your tune it will ask if you want to change any parameters. That's where you can select the gear ratio that you want. As far as getting a 91 tune, they can email that to you and you can load that into your XCal from your computer. YOU CAN DO IT!

https://themustangsource.com/showthr...ight=taco+bill

Rich
Old 11/27/09, 12:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

OK, Thanks I'll check it out

You guys are making me feel like I can do it. If I feel lucky I'll at least hook the thing up and see what it says, and take it from there. One step at a time. And, there may be some good tips from Taco Bill. He's been posting great stuff for years.