GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Complaints from daughter

Search this Thread

Old 2/27/05, 10:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Ponyboy66 do you have any pictures of your pony corral posted here? Sounds like a nice collection
Old 2/27/05, 10:25 AM
Queen Of Nascar

"My" 17 year old son driving my Mustang............are you joking??
Old 2/27/05, 10:25 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by rex@February 27, 2005, 7:13 AM
Sonic Blue is a girl's color...
Don't think any one color has more ***** than another but that statement sounds like talk between 3rd graders! Jeezzzz...
Old 2/27/05, 10:31 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Wife says the Screaming Yellow was a girls color...no?
I didnt like it at first but now I cant see owning any other color.
:worship:
I have a relative that says Sonic Blue is Air Force blue.
I dunno about that. I think it is an awesome color.
I use to have a 1986 Toyota 4X4 truck that color.
Old 2/27/05, 10:32 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Yep! AF blue color sounds right to me!

I might even stick an AF sticker on the back window... a very small one. However, nothing on the paint!! :nono:
Old 2/27/05, 10:33 AM
I'm people, and I like.

Originally posted by Big D@February 27, 2005, 9:23 AM
Whatever....we are both entitled to our own opinions... B)
Old 2/27/05, 10:34 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by DADS05@February 27, 2005, 12:26 PM
Hey Ponyboy66 do you have any pictures of your pony corral posted here? Sounds like a nice collection

Here is me posing with the '66
[attachmentid=13151]

Still waiting on the '05. 9 weeks and counting still C/U.
Old 2/27/05, 10:38 AM
Bullitt Member

All I can say is I'm 17, and I got an 05 of my own which is sonic blue, and taking it to school is an adventure. The girls say "ohhhhh what a pretty color that is!" and the guys say "Thats a really cool color" So I think sonic blue all around is liked by both sexes. The one thing they all agree on is I should have gotten a manual, but I really dont care what they say, I like my auto.

Need the snow to melt, ASAP!
Old 2/27/05, 10:46 AM
FR500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by DJ07@February 27, 2005, 11:41 AM
All I can say is I'm 17, and I got an 05 of my own which is sonic blue, and taking it to school is an adventure. The girls say "ohhhhh what a pretty color that is!" and the guys say "Thats a really cool color" So I think sonic blue all around is liked by both sexes. The one thing they all agree on is I should have gotten a manual, but I really dont care what they say, I like my auto.

Need the snow to melt, ASAP!

I think ur the luckiest kid in the world.....how the heck do u afford the insurance???? i cant even afford my full liscence im 17 and ill pay 2000 a year on my dads 98 accord as occasional driver.
Old 2/27/05, 10:51 AM
Bullitt Member

Little agreement with my dad. I pay for the car, he pays for the insurance.

Right now, my mom is the prmiary driver on my mustang, although she's never driven it.

Now seeing my payments are over $500 a month, I need to work a lot to keep up lol.

We actually have a '03 Vert, and that is more than my 05 hardtop for insurance each month. We also took both Mustangs off the insurance for the winter, so they'll sit. They go back on March 8th, but the forcast says snow from now until then.
Old 2/27/05, 10:57 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

In someones mind each color is a girls color. As long as they are attracted to it......I'd drive it. As for the auto vs. manual, 1/4 mile times don't seem to hurt the automatic at all and after living in the Oakland/SF area for 4 years, I'll never have a manual again. Tell her you'll listen to her input when you get some money from her.
Old 2/27/05, 11:00 AM
Bullitt Member

With regard to your choice of transmission, I am forced to agree with your daughter. But it's your car, not hers or mine...enjoy!
Old 2/27/05, 11:02 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
If my daughter wants to choose the color or transmission of MY car then she can pay for it and then MAYBE I would let her drive it.
Old 2/27/05, 11:15 AM
Bullitt Member

i dont have to worry about what my kids think about my car...

Seeing as how i'm only 20 and they wont be born for another decade or so..
Old 2/27/05, 11:20 AM
FR500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by DJ07@February 27, 2005, 11:54 AM
Little agreement with my dad. I pay for the car, he pays for the insurance.

Right now, my mom is the prmiary driver on my mustang, although she's never driven it.

Now seeing my payments are over $500 a month, I need to work a lot to keep up lol.

We actually have a '03 Vert, and that is more than my 05 hardtop for insurance each month. We also took both Mustangs off the insurance for the winter, so they'll sit. They go back on March 8th, but the forcast says snow from now until then.

Again man your sooo lucky enjoy and do a lil wheelspin for me tape it and send it to derek_bartolo@hotmail.com.....enjoy
Old 2/27/05, 11:26 AM
FR500 Member

i can give u the point of view from an 18 yr old considering i am one......anyways i got the manual and black. i absloutely love windveil blue. i can almost guarentee that the color will grow on her. if she hasnt seen it in person then when she does she'll fall in love. and if shes not gonna drive it for a few little things she dont like well then thats more miles for u to drive!!
Old 2/27/05, 11:53 AM
Bullitt Member

Unhappy

My daughter complained,
Why I'm buying a new car that I want! She wants me to buy her a car, fat chance!
Now I have'nt had a new car since 1985, before all of my kids!
All these years I've let the family choose the new car.
Not saying I've not gotten my drives. Just not a new one.
So, It's my time I say to all of them!
As for this auto./std. I ordered auto., been there 3/4/5/spds. std.
My racing days are very long gone in a distant past!
Happy Trails!!
B)
Old 2/27/05, 11:56 AM
She's Back and Strapped!

My 16 yr old loved my 99 GT and wanted to have it this year. Lets just say there is no way he is touching my 05, the boy cant stay outta trouble in school. He liked the blue 99s.

My 11yr old LOVES my car, never said anything about it being stick or auto, or the color. She saw a Sonic Blue said, "Thats a cool color Mom, why didnt you get that?" I had to explain I was going to be painting mine,and they told me to get black for the best paint job... Trust me folks she is about as far from "girlie" as an 11 yr old can get.

Anway, Id like to remind everyone that we have hashed the issue of color out in detail. It never turns out pretty,and I am so not going there again. We dont bag on color choices, tranny choices, or engine sizes here at TMS. The auto V6s are just as cool as the Manual GTs.

Play nice kids, we dont want this thread shut down.
Old 2/27/05, 12:08 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Big D+February 27, 2005, 11:23 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Big D @ February 27, 2005, 11:23 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by thezeppelin8@February 27, 2005, 11:20 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Big D
@February 27, 2005, 9:16 AM
how is it dumb??? Why do u think lambos are only manual??? because they're real sports cars!! A Mustang mis a real sports car and the only reasons u get a v8 auto is if ur a girl or ur old...thats my opinion..

Well, its a pretty baseless and ignorant opinion... imo

Whatever....we are both entitled to our own opinions... B)
[/b][/quote]
dang. i thought I was arrogant. and im 15!
im with Lalo man. what if someone has no need for a stick? what if they have a long and slow commute? jebus man, its not ur decision, its Mike's.

shame on you

if may parents ogt an 05 i wouldnt care if it was a V6, GT, auto, or manual. i'd just wanna drive it

EDIT: just realized i probably shouldnt have been so hostile there. i should have read the entire thread and then i would have realized the problem resolved itself. oh well. sorry about that folks

one last thing about colors, i think that if its on a mustang, it cant be just a girls color. just not possible, seeing as EVERY color looks hot on the new stang
Old 2/27/05, 12:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Big D@February 27, 2005, 11:16 AM
how is it dumb??? Why do u think lambos are only manual??? because they're real sports cars!! A Mustang mis a real sports car and the only reasons u get a v8 auto is if ur a girl or ur old...thats my opinion..

Why thank you. I am a girl & only 22, so I am still not as experienced as the older drivers. But I do know that there are other reasons for getting an auto over a manual. Now while I opted for the V6 over the V8, I got the automatic for many reasons. Not one of them being because I thought "oh well I am a girl so I have to get an auto".

In all fairness I will admit that I can't drive an manual, not that I don't have like 10 people willing to teach me. But that did not dictate my decision. Now my friends little sister (20) has a manual. In fact she saw the car, said I want it & her granddad informed her that it was a manual & she said she didn’t car that she would learn to drive. And she did. My brothers girlfriend (24) has a manual & she and my brother have 2 other roommates (both men) and neither of their roommates can drive a manual.

My mom (60) can drive a manual, but she hates them & therefore owns an auto. My Uncle (64) and his wife (late 60’s) own 5 manuals & 2 automatics. And my cousin (a female & 38) has a license to drive manual 18-wheelers but drives an automatic car. My neighbor drives a stick, as does her daughter (21). So before you throw out accusations find something to back it up. Yes we are all entitled to our own opinions, but tell us why you think that way.

And as for Sonic Blue being a girl’s color, I like the color. But I don’t think I would own one that color. I like the purpleish tint to the paint, especially since purple is my fave color. However I don’t think that one color is more of a girls or boys color over any other. You like you drive it & you don’t care what others think, that’s my opinion. JMO. Sorry if I offended anyone, it was not my intention.

~*~Kera~*~

Quick Reply: Complaints from daughter