GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Coming to the dark side, now what?!?!?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 7/14/08, 06:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Coming to the dark side, now what?!?!?!?!

Well I'm taking the plunge. Gonna place an order with Brenspeed for their Stage 2 Saleen Supercharger kit. Now comes the big question... What else do I NEED to be looking at getting once the car is running a SC???

I am still running the stock calipers, planning on upgrading the pads, lines and fluid. Also gonna pick up Wideband AF, Boost and Fuel pressure gauges. You can see the rest of my mods in my sig, am I missing anything? I know there will be things I will do in the future, but I want to be sure once I have it strapped on I am ready to roll!

Any input would be appreciated...
Old 7/14/08, 06:29 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
Congrats! Get your guages and call it a day for now........ Can't wait to hear how you like it- keep us posted with updates!!
Old 7/14/08, 06:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

Now how did I know you would reply to a Brenspeed Saleen package thread??? LOL
Old 7/14/08, 06:46 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Hey Al....Well I am really officially a jealous guy!!!!! I believe you have picked the best SC'er and tuner out there. I want sound vids and pics! Congrats my friend!
Scott
Old 7/14/08, 06:51 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by tom281
Congrats! Get your guages and call it a day for now........ Can't wait to hear how you like it- keep us posted with updates!!

Exactly!
Old 7/14/08, 07:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER
Hey Al....Well I am really officially a jealous guy!!!!! I believe you have picked the best SC'er and tuner out there. I want sound vids and pics! Congrats my friend!
Scott
Thank you Scott! I'm not sure if it was Tom himself that helped me make the final push towards Saleen, or if it was reading you busting his chops when he went from the Paxton to the Saleen. I can't wait to get some pics and vids together. Placing the order on Wednesday.

Not sure how your experience has been, but it sounds like the OBXs have settled in now, and it sounds better than ever!!!! Thanks for all your help and input.

Al
Old 7/14/08, 08:21 PM
Bullitt Member

Sorry I don't have any input to help you out Al, but I just want to say I'm jealous! I'm getting the Kenne Bell Stage 2 2.6L but have to wait till tax return time. But just keep us posted on the install and the sweetness of driving FI untill us poor folk can join ya!

Wait I do have input! Get 2 more tires. That way when you shread the rears down to the cords in a day or so, you have extras on hand.
Old 7/14/08, 08:39 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Al thats awesome. That is great news to hear and I can't wait to see pictures, clips, and updates. I guess you beat me to it, but Iits nice to know that you picked the exact tuner and charger that I was planning on using. I am very happy and excited for you, your car has turned into a really hot GT/CS that will soon be a monster.

I guess I'm gonna have to go with Brents stage 3 "Corvette Killer" Saleen kit now.

BTW I'll be subscribing to this and any threads about your SC.
Old 7/14/08, 09:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

Dark side!?

There is nothing dark about a Saleen supercharger!
Old 7/15/08, 10:00 AM
9 is not my lucky number.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Why would you order the Saleen from Brenspeed when JDM is better and closer to you? They have sold hundreds and hundreds of these things and have never blown a motor on their tunes. It's worth it to install it yourself and have JDM custom dyno tune it at their shop

Last edited by dustindu4; 7/15/08 at 10:02 AM.
Old 7/15/08, 12:40 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
I know one thing you'll definitely need , something to help get this off your face ...
Old 7/16/08, 06:13 AM
Mach 1 Member

Thats great to hear about the Kenne Bell Dean! As far as poor folk, let's just say the only difference between you and me is I will be paying the loan off at tax time!!!

Oh and funny you should mention tires, just got the 275s for the back and want to go with 285s so I'll do my best to shred them up and this way my wife will have to let me get the new ones I want????

Originally Posted by Redrocket06
Sorry I don't have any input to help you out Al, but I just want to say I'm jealous! I'm getting the Kenne Bell Stage 2 2.6L but have to wait till tax return time. But just keep us posted on the install and the sweetness of driving FI untill us poor folk can join ya!

Wait I do have input! Get 2 more tires. That way when you shread the rears down to the cords in a day or so, you have extras on hand.
Old 7/16/08, 06:15 AM
Mach 1 Member

I thought about that one Gary. I mean, how can you pass up something called "Corvette Killer"?!?!?!?! Gotta try and stay within my means though, it's geting harder and harder to get my wife to agree to purchases these days! LOL

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Al thats awesome. That is great news to hear and I can't wait to see pictures, clips, and updates. I guess you beat me to it, but Iits nice to know that you picked the exact tuner and charger that I was planning on using. I am very happy and excited for you, your car has turned into a really hot GT/CS that will soon be a monster.

I guess I'm gonna have to go with Brents stage 3 "Corvette Killer" Saleen kit now.

BTW I'll be subscribing to this and any threads about your SC.
Old 7/16/08, 06:16 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Pwny
Dark side!?

There is nothing dark about a Saleen supercharger!

Meant going FI... lol
Old 7/16/08, 06:17 AM
Mach 1 Member

Not sure you can pick something like that up. I mean I'm already like that, what's gonna happen when once it's done?!?!?! lmao

Originally Posted by 05YellowGT
I know one thing you'll definitely need , something to help get this off your face ...
Old 7/16/08, 06:23 AM
Mach 1 Member

Two reasons. First, I have all the confidence in the world when it comes to Brenspeed as far as tune and service. They have been good to me since I began this journey and I consider mysllef a loyal customer of theirs.

Second, JDM was a bit more expensive for a similar package, and like it or not, I have to keep finances in mind whenever I make a purchase.

As for a custom tune, I can get that done in the future if/when I feel the need, and at that point I'm pretty sure I can get it done at any reputable shop whether or not I bought the kit from them.

Originally Posted by dustindu4
Why would you order the Saleen from Brenspeed when JDM is better and closer to you? They have sold hundreds and hundreds of these things and have never blown a motor on their tunes. It's worth it to install it yourself and have JDM custom dyno tune it at their shop