GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

CMCV Charge Motion Delete Plate Question / Tips

Search this Thread

Old 1/15/13, 03:32 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
CMCV Charge Motion Delete Plate Question / Tips

For those that performed the CMCV / Charge Motion Plate delete mod, did you leave the motor on the intake manifold? If you removed the motor assembly, how did you seal/protect the wiring connector from water?

Also, do you have any tips/advice for the installation? Do I expect to see torn/ripped gaskets? I have a 07 GT that has less than 15k miles.
Old 1/15/13, 03:33 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Says in the directions to leave the motor alone.
Old 1/16/13, 12:34 PM
V6 Member

I installed the CVMD just a couple of weeks ago following good old TacoBills instructions (Thanks Taco Bill). Project went smoothly.

I removed the CMCV motor and taped the connector flush back to the large bundle.I don’t think enough water should get to that location, unless you are pressurewashing. Then standard electronics cover up applies. With the motor and bracketremoved the wire bundle was no longer supported so I zip tied it back to theintake manifold motor mount location.

For tips and tricks, see TacoBill’s CMCV Delete Plate install “How-To” Guide https://themustangsource.com/f669/tacobills-hotlinks-441678/

As far as what to expect, not much likely. I have never read a post on the topic where something badly went wrong. Do be prepared to clean the gaskets, as they will be a bit oily and have dirt particles clinging. In addition, make sure you have a torque wrenchthat does inch pounds. Seem to remember its 89 inch pounds for the 2006 intake.That’s not much more than 7 foot pounds.

One thing I’ve noticed and need to post for feedback is I get a lot more deceleration exhaust rumbling. Maybe just a side effect of the CVMD combined with less restrictive axle bask Corsa sport exhaust. May have to get rid of the stock H-pipe and go with an X.
Old 1/16/13, 01:52 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
I have several torque wrenches and have read TacoBill's guide as well as several others. It doesn't seem like a difficult task, although I will probably leave the motor and wiring as-is. I think 89 in-lb is 10 N-m, but I cannot find a torque spec for the Torx screws that secure the plates to the intake manifold. Everyone just says "tight enough", but I'd feel more at ease with a torque value.

What did you use to clean the gaskets?

The exhaust rumble on deceleration would be very welcome. I have FR500S axle-backs and the sound is just amazing with drone only at 1000 RPM. How is the engine/throttle response with the CMCV delete? Do the RPMs rise/fall more responsively? I heard from someone online that it feels more like a motorcycle.
Old 1/16/13, 02:00 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by MCK3125

One thing I’ve noticed and need to post for feedback is I get a lot more deceleration exhaust rumbling. Maybe just a side effect of the CVMD combined with less restrictive axle bask Corsa sport exhaust. May have to get rid of the stock H-pipe and go with an X.
Most guys get a tune to counter the loss of low end with deletes. And most report that tunes cause a quicker decel by reducing the run on that meets EPA.
So perhaps its your bama tune (sig) rather than the deletes.
Old 1/24/13, 11:35 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by cdynaco
Most guys get a tune to counter the loss of low end with deletes. And most report that tunes cause a quicker decel by reducing the run on that meets EPA.
So perhaps its your bama tune (sig) rather than the deletes.

Good point, I'll give AM/BAMA a call and have them check the tune they sent to turn the CMCV off. Perhaps a tweak is in order...