GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Clutch pedel adjustment?

Search this Thread

Old 7/13/07, 07:01 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clutch pedel adjustment?

I know you can get parts for the o4 back since they are cable operated but the new stangs are hydrolic. Is there any adjustment to raise the pedel to engage the clutch with out going all the way to the floor. you can do this with the cobras but I havent heard about the 197 stangs. A friend of mine has a Roush 427 and is asking.
Old 7/13/07, 08:22 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by My06Stang
I know you can get parts for the o4 back since they are cable operated but the new stangs are hydrolic. Is there any adjustment to raise the pedel to engage the clutch with out going all the way to the floor. you can do this with the cobras but I havent heard about the 197 stangs. A friend of mine has a Roush 427 and is asking.
They effectively self adjust. The slave only retracts as much as the clutch fingers push it. You might be able to modify the pedal position by modifying the link between the pedal arm and the clutch master cylinder ... not sure you can get any more stroke out of it though as you will probably bottom out the naster cylinder. This is the nature of a diaphram clutch, it takes all the pedal travel to fully disengage it. If you are really mechanical and have fabrication skills, you might be able to fit a larger bore master cylinder. That will give you quicker and more displacement at the expense of higher pedal pressure.
Old 7/13/07, 08:32 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by My06Stang
They effectively self adjust. The slave only retracts as much as the clutch fingers push it. You might be able to modify the pedal position by modifying the link between the pedal arm and the clutch master cylinder ... not sure you can get any more stroke out of it though as you will probably bottom out the naster cylinder. This is the nature of a diaphram clutch, it takes all the pedal travel to fully disengage it. If you are really mechanical and have fabrication skills, you might be able to fit a larger bore master cylinder. That will give you quicker and more displacement at the expense of higher pedal pressure.