GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Change in planes.....PLEASE HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 6/20/13, 09:22 AM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SeanD
For the CAI, I would really recommend going with something other than Airraid. A bigger peformer would be a JLT Series 3 or a C&L Racer intake. I have the C&L racer and it is nice, but the JLT is bigger and better. I don't think you will get to much performance out of the Airraid system. If you are interested I do also have a FRPP Intake Manifold for sale. That and the CAI would be good for the car.
steeda cai 101mm
jlt cai 112mm
airaid cai 108mm

awesome diameters wouldnt you say?? now tell me. how on earth.. are these gonna give you more air flow, when your throttle body is only 80mm..... please do explain
Old 6/20/13, 09:24 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by texastboneking

steeda cai 101mm
jlt cai 112mm
airaid cai 108mm

awesome diameters wouldnt you say?? now tell me. how on earth.. are these gonna give you more air flow, when your throttle body is only 80mm..... please do explain
Did you really just take the time to look up all the diameters..... Lol. Awesome lol
Old 6/20/13, 09:46 AM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

Originally Posted by muscledom
Did you really just take the time to look up all the diameters..... Lol. Awesome lol

i was nice enough lo leave out the fact that the throttle body blade itself covers up about 10mm so its technically a 70 mm opening
Old 6/20/13, 02:01 PM
Banned

i was nice enough lo leave out the fact that the throttle body blade itself covers up about 10mm so its technically a 70 mm opening
Yea I got caught up in the CAI bs at first too. Fortunately mine came with a K&N so I didn't have to sweat it lol
Old 6/20/13, 03:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Really??? Got proof to back up your claim?
Originally Posted by muscledom
CAIs are mainly a gimic anyway.
Old 6/20/13, 05:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Just got home from visiting the speed shop in haleyville again. I am so wanting this stuff to be over so my son can drive this thing.

I ask the guy that owns (and does the work himself as well) the speed shop what kind of hp I could expect and he said why not just drive one with same setup since I have one in for upgrades instead of worring about numbers?

I was sooooooooo...lucky cause he had a customer drop off an 08 gt that has pretty much the same setup that I'm going with other than my cam is a little more aggressive.

The owner of the shop called the owner of the 08 gt (a friend of his) and ask him if I could drive his car........lol......I could not believe it when he said yes.

It was like driving a race car compared to the stock 07.

I cannot wait to get the mods done and see the look on my sons face after seeing, hearing and driving it.

The owner of the shop had the other guys dyno number sheet and let me look at it.........lol.......it said 379rwhp.........cannot remember the rwtq.

I expected it to be at least 400rwhp cause that thing pulled freakin hard.

Anyways, drew (mod guy) said that I could expect ballpark 350 to 370rwhp.

Drew tried to talk me into a turbo or supercharger again today and told me again that I could get the car into the 500+- rwhp for not much more money than I'm spending now. I would do it but my son really, really loves N/A builds and the way they sound so it will be N/A no matter what it cost or how much hp/tq.

If my son survives the cancer long term we will do more to it later if he wants to. If the doc's timeline of life left is correct then I already know that the car will be put in storage until the very last one of my family......me, wife, youngest children are dead. At that time the car will be passed to closest living relative. I hope that day is at least 60 to 70 years or longer from now.

Drew said he would record the dyno and take some pics of the build for me.

I will post them as soon as I get em.
Old 6/20/13, 05:15 PM
Banned

Really??? Got proof to back up your claim?
Did you miss the part where the throttle body IS STILL ONLY 80MMs. Yea I guess that's my proof.

Last edited by muscledom; 6/20/13 at 05:40 PM.
Old 6/20/13, 05:25 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by jrctherake
Just got home from visiting the speed shop in haleyville again. I am so wanting this stuff to be over so my son can drive this thing.

I ask the guy that owns (and does the work himself as well) the speed shop what kind of hp I could expect and he said why not just drive one with same setup since I have one in for upgrades instead of worring about numbers?

I was sooooooooo...lucky cause he had a customer drop off an 08 gt that has pretty much the same setup that I'm going with other than my cam is a little more aggressive.

The owner of the shop called the owner of the 08 gt (a friend of his) and ask him if I could drive his car........lol......I could not believe it when he said yes.

I cannot wait to get the mods done and see the look on my sons face after seeing, hearing and driving it.

The owner of the shop had the other guys dyno number sheet and let me look at it.........lol.......it said 379rwhp.........cannot remember the rwtq.

Drew tried to talk me into a turbo or supercharger again today and told me again that I could get the car into the 500+- rwhp for not much more money than I'm spending now. I would do it but my son really, really loves N/A builds and the way they sound so it will be N/A no matter what it cost or how much hp/tq.

If my son survives the cancer long term we will do more to it later if he wants to. If the doc's timeline of life left is correct then I already know that the car will be put in storage until the very last one of my family......me, wife, youngest children are dead. At that time the car will be passed to closest living relative. I hope that day is at least 60 to 70 years or longer from now.

I think your boy has a happy dyno. That's more like a 330ish setup. I have basically the same setup with a manual and I made 329. Only difference is you have heads and I have cmdps. The car is gonna feel good though. A guy I know that does basically all mod heads has had the same car on Lamottas dyno and VMPs dyno and is should make the same power obviously. I forget what the exact difference was but it was quite a bit. I don't know much about dynos but if its not done right the #s can be very misleading. Wow just read the end. That's awesome what you're doing man. Brings a tear to my eye. Good luck buddy. Best wishes.
Old 6/20/13, 06:29 PM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

Originally Posted by jrctherake

Your an awesome father
Old 6/20/13, 08:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

This car will bring many memories for you and you son. Don't forget to do some mods together on it after you give it to him! Those are the best father and son moments when you are turning wrenches together.
Old 6/21/13, 05:43 PM
V6 Member

I would do rear gear swap 1st. like 3.73 for automatic if you do cams you would probably need 4.10. some guys in my mustang club have comp cam thumpers and some have the Detroit rockers, some have ford hot rod cams. all complain of low end loss, all are running autos with 3.73 and 4.10's. consensus is a lot of money for not much benefit, according to them. I would do a CAI from C&L or JLT with a good tune. I have the JLT w/Bama Chips tune 87 economy/91 torque/93 race but I am a 5speed. I know you can not compare 4.6 to a new 5.0 but a guy in our club has 2012 gt w/auto. he put a non tune CAI and 3.73 w/slicks and ran 12.39 in 1/4, did not think it would be that fast. I would wait till you gave him the car and do it together. the guys in the club running 4.6 autos with a CAI/tune and better tires are running around 13.7 in 1/4, plenty fast for 16 yo.
Old 6/22/13, 05:24 PM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

For the CAI, I would really recommend going with something other than Airraid. A bigger peformer would be a JLT Series 3 or a C&L Racer intake. I have the C&L racer and it is nice, but the JLT is bigger and better. I don't think you will get to much performance out of the Airraid system. If you are interested I do also have a FRPP Intake Manifold for sale. That and the CAI would be good for the car.

steeda cai 101mm
jlt cai 112mm
airaid cai 108mm

Still waiting for your response
Old 6/22/13, 08:20 PM
Banned

Still waiting for your response
He asked me for proof lol
Old 6/23/13, 09:22 PM
Bullitt Member

You can actually hurt performance if you go too big or too small on induction or exhaust. If you go too big the air charge doesn't have enough velocity to fill the cylinders properly if you go too small you create a restriction
Old 6/27/13, 06:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
steeda cai 101mm
jlt cai 112mm
airaid cai 108mm

I thought stock was 55mm and aftermarket was 62mm. Where is 80mm coming from?

http://www.americanmuscle.com/frpp-6...dy-0510gt.html
Old 6/27/13, 08:22 PM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

Originally Posted by Fords4Ever

I thought stock was 55mm and aftermarket was 62mm. Where is 80mm coming from?

http://www.americanmuscle.com/frpp-6...dy-0510gt.html
I was thinking of the new 5.0. My bad