GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

CEL light on with no codes

Search this Thread

Old 7/21/05, 04:24 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Hey Guys,
OKAY. I have read all the threads about CEL issues but this is one I have not heard of yet. I have a GT Vert with C and L + Predator tune running 93 octane fuel. Have had it for 3 months with absolutely no issues. Car has 3300 miles on it. On my way home from work tonite I notice the CEL was on. Got home and put the Pedator on it and I have NO codes. Fords book says it could be from an emission problem, loose gas cap, misfires and engine maintance warning. Gas cap is tight.
Just change oil at 3000 miles. ( Computer doesn't know it ) And the car runs like a scalled dog. If it were a emission issue I would think I would have a code. I cleared all codes and the light is still on. What's up?????? Anyone else seen this???
Scott :scratch:
Old 7/22/05, 12:15 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not familiar with the ins and outs of the Predator, but I'm guessing you do have a code stored but it is a manufacturer specific code that the Predator cannot read. Just take it to the dealer and let them figure it out.
Old 7/22/05, 12:44 AM
Cobra R Member

Well my suggestion first would be to make sure your cold air intake is properly tightened as to not have any leaks etc. Make sure your maf is plugged all the way in, and just give a general look over. Then I would do some logging to check the a/f ratio etc. You may want to email whoever you bought the predator from as the tune may not be working properly, and I am sure they can give you some hints on logging to get the right information for them. May be nothing, but I would check all possibillities before taking to dealer, as they may charge you and hassle you over the intake. also unplug the battery for a couple of minutes and see if that helps. Good luck
Old 7/22/05, 04:55 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by 70MACH1OWNER@July 21, 2005, 6:27 PM
Hey Guys,
OKAY. I have read all the threads about CEL issues but this is one I have not heard of yet. I have a GT Vert with C and L + Predator tune running 93 octane fuel. Have had it for 3 months with absolutely no issues. Car has 3300 miles on it. On my way home from work tonite I notice the CEL was on. Got home and put the Pedator on it and I have NO codes. Fords book says it could be from an emission problem, loose gas cap, misfires and engine maintance warning. Gas cap is tight.
Just change oil at 3000 miles. ( Computer doesn't know it ) And the car runs like a scalled dog. If it were a emission issue I would think I would have a code. I cleared all codes and the light is still on. What's up?????? Anyone else seen this???

Scott,
I have the same setup as you but with the r17, 91 tune. I had the same thing happen last week. Started the car and without giving it a chance to warm up, I backed it out of the garage. While doing so, it stumbled (misfired) ever so slightly one time and sure enough, it set the CEL. I hooked up the Pedator and no codes were set but I then used the Pedator to clear "errors". CEL went off and no further problems.

The Boss Hog
Old 7/22/05, 09:19 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by The Boss Hog@July 22, 2005, 4:58 AM
Scott,
I have the same setup as you but with the r17, 91 tune. I had the same thing happen last week. Started the car and without giving it a chance to warm up, I backed it out of the garage. While doing so, it stumbled (misfired) ever so slightly one time and sure enough, it set the CEL. I hooked up the Pedator and no codes were set but I then used the Pedator to clear "errors". CEL went off and no further problems.

The Boss Hog

Hey Boss,
Well, this morning when the car was cold the CEL was off. I drive about 15 miles at highway speeds to work and still had NO CEL. I checked the entire C&L intake last nite and it was all good and tight with no issues. I guess I will just have to keep an eye on it to see if something develops. My car did not stumble at any time like you reported. Don't get it.
Old 3/7/06, 04:23 PM
Cobra Member

I am having a similar issue. I recently restored the factory tune to my car and put a tune on my sisters GT so she could see the difference. After restoring my tune I got a CEL. I disconnected my computer and let it sit, and the code went away only to return a week later. every time i check it with the predator it finds nothing. i clear the faultsbut they seem to come back. hmmmmm
Old 3/8/06, 07:04 AM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Faber @ March 7, 2006, 5:26 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I am having a similar issue. I recently restored the factory tune to my car and put a tune on my sisters GT so she could see the difference. After restoring my tune I got a CEL. I disconnected my computer and let it sit, and the code went away only to return a week later. every time i check it with the predator it finds nothing. i clear the faultsbut they seem to come back. hmmmmm
[/b][/quote]

ok , if i were in you guys shoes why not take it to autozone or one of the parts houses that will scan it for free?

it may be that the pred cant read all the codes as stated above. the parts house most likely has dedicated scan tool that will read the codes.

if not you can come to my shop and ill scan it for free [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]

can you say road trip!!!

jay
Old 3/10/06, 03:00 PM
Legacy TMS Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Faber @ March 7, 2006, 6:26 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]

Faber,
You had to dig deep to find this thread. You know after that 1 incident last summer with the CEL but no codes. It has never happened again. I can't explain it. Hey BOSS HOG did your CEL just go away like mine??
Scott [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img]