GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Carbon Fiber Drive Shaft

Search this Thread

Old 9/1/05, 04:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Life is full of choices, and you're responsible for your own, so don't push your mistakes or problems onto others. That's all I have to say about that.

Now back to beutiful and expensive shafts.
Old 9/1/05, 04:23 PM

This is really dumb. It would be nice of a moderator to put hayburner in his place. What I'd like to know is who are you to question how I spend my money that I earn? What is it that you are expecting from posting in a driveshaft forum? What is it that you'd have me do? Will it make you feel better if I told you that I sold my car and my DSL will be cut off tonight and that I'll be heading up there to help out a few families in need. Okay, that's what I'm doing. Now, will you take your issues to a more appropriate place? I can understand maybe if you posted with something along the lines of: Hey, right now I have other priorities and this is not for me. You are just way out of line by assuming you know me or what I do or how far I look outside of my property line. You are out of line from bringing it into this thread. I'm sure there is a thread in the general chat forums to discuss this.
You see, I have family in Mobile, AL, all over Arkansas and some in Mississippi. I'm from Arkansas. You really don't have a clue as to who I am. You don't know anything about my donation habits, monetarily or time.
I'm not mad about anything. I've learned that the internet is no place to get mad at people that make ignorant statements. Me getting mad won't change your personality or keep you from making ridiculous statements. Think about the thread you're in and the personal comments you've made assuming things about some on here. You don't know. I also can appreciate the fact that maybe you've lost loved ones or have been affected by this National disaster. Why would I return the lashing out to make you feel worse. If that's the case, I'm sorry for your losses.
Just be realistic, logical and considerate. Take a step back, 10 breaths and look back at it all. If you can do that, you would see and the standup thing would be to either leave it all alone or apologize. Pride gets in the way sometimes, so leaving it alone would be the easiest. If you feel that you have to have the last word, have at it, because you won't see me post about this BS anymore in a driveshaft thread.
If you would like to address me directly, feel free to PM me so people won't have to read anymore of this nonsense in this thread.
Old 9/1/05, 04:39 PM
Cobra Member

Exactly what I was trying to say. I would love to talk about driveshafts now. Well put 169.

So when are you gonna post your results?
Old 9/1/05, 05:14 PM

As always, things didn't happen as planned. Dropped the car off this morning, but I don't think he actually got started on it today. I'll be going by there tomorrow a.m. to see what's going on. I sure hope the car is up on a lift when I get there or that he's strapping it to the dyno. I really want the car back tomorrow so I can run it at the track. The only other problem is that it's been raining everyday-in regards to the track.
Old 9/1/05, 09:10 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Badandy@September 1, 2005, 3:42 PM
Exactly what I was trying to say. I would love to talk about driveshafts now. Well put 169.
So when are you gonna post your results?
How funny. I've never seen a couple of guys so uptight and thin skinned. Sorry about bringing the bad news to you two and "ruining your fun" when people are dying. Once again,I never said anybody here was not charitable,but this has been a good insight into some folk's priorities. $1100 plus labor probably seems like a good deal to you for a good shafting(big,black and shiny,no less!).

169, please thank Andy for his support...he seems to need some kind of affirmation. Good luck balancing your carbon drive shaft, I hear it's not easy. I am going to fly relief supplies to N.O. for a few days . I appreciate your attempts to "set me straight".Maybe someday I will
come to my senses and learn to take care of what's really important.
Old 9/1/05, 09:48 PM
Bullitt Member

I'm going to buy two of these driveshafts and give one to charity.
Old 9/1/05, 09:50 PM
Cobra Member

I am not buying myself a driveshaft. I want to frieking read about one, not hear your self-righteous bs in the thread. My priorities are just fine, and its people like you questioning them that makes me disgusted in you. If you want to help those people, go ahead. If I want to help those people, I will go ahead. If you want to tell me that I should consider to help those people instead of buying a driveshaft (which I am not) please do. But to question my priorities in addition is just beyond me. I don't need any affirmation, don't flatter yourself on what you think you know about me. Now if you don't mind (again) I would like to talk about Mustangs. Thank-you for flying supplies to N.O. You are doing a great service. ( I was going to put a smiley face in, but you don't deserve one for how you've treated people here, but I am truley happy that you are going to help other people, I hope it's a success).

Oh, and your inuendo reveals a lot about you.

And about "ruining my fun" why don't you go into every other thread and attack people there. Please, stop this issue. I will make my priorities what I want, and I have NOT REVEALED anything about my priorities.

The end point is: The fact that I want to talk about a driveshaft does not mean my "priorities" are any different than yours. Stop thinking you know me. And about 169, he needs a new driveshaft anyway, he should be free to buy an upgraded one without you to yell at him.
Old 9/1/05, 10:07 PM
Bullitt Member

Can I get a driveshaft AND fly supplies into MS and refugees out? Cus I am not decided about the driveshaft yet....

edit: can't spell
Old 9/1/05, 10:18 PM
Cobra Member

Yes, yes you can. In fact, you can do both and I won't stop you or argue with you about which one you should do. Because frankly, you can do anything you want and I don't know your priorities from a cursory look at one thread of The Mustang Source.
Old 9/2/05, 12:20 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Badandy@September 1, 2005, 9:21 PM
Yes, yes you can. In fact, you can do both and I won't stop you or argue with you about which one you should do. Because frankly, you can do anything you want and I don't know your priorities from a cursory look at one thread of The Mustang Source.
How generous of you, Andy.You are gonna let the guy express his opinion without having an aneurism.
Old 9/2/05, 12:45 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Why didn't you post in the brakes thread? Brakes are expensive too... Heaven forbid someone buys upgraded brakes during this time of distress.

Or how bout wheels? I didn't see you posting about people spending money on wheels when they could be using that money to help...

Or how about the people buying the new cars that are coming in? What is wrong with them? People are suffering and they have the audacity to spend 20-30 thousand dollars on a car?!?! What has this world come to?????

Please get over yourself. We are ALL aware of the situation in the south. My uncle lives in NO.
Old 9/2/05, 05:50 AM
Cobra R Member

Looking forward to the results from your driveshaft. Brandon, good luck with your next few flights and thanks for training more of the C-130 guys. We always need you guys around, you transported me and my junk to Afghanistan.

Old 9/2/05, 08:12 AM
Mach 1 Member

Why don't we all just sell our cars and send the money down south. Heck, why don't all of us who work hard for what we have just sell everything, give up all our happiness, live in shacks, and donate all of our money to other people. Lets quit our jobs and donate all of our time too.

Hayburner, you go first.

Or . . . maybe the looters in New Orleans can help fix the dams? Why doesn't somebody go lecture them about what they are doing? I wonder if any of them have stolen a drive shaft for their Mustang yet?
Old 9/2/05, 09:36 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Sonic05@September 2, 2005, 7:15 AM
Why don't we all just sell our cars and send the money down south. Heck, why don't all of us who work hard for what we have just sell everything, give up all our happiness, live in shacks, and donate all of our money to other people. Lets quit our jobs and donate all of our time too.

Hayburner, you go first.

Or . . . maybe the looters in New Orleans can help fix the dams? Why doesn't somebody go lecture them about what they are doing? I wonder if any of them have stolen a drive shaft for their Mustang yet?
A few posts ago ,I invited the "truly self-absorbed to flame away".
And you have stepped up. Almost everybody who owns a Mustang is a U.S. citizen and earns a wage...the very same kind of person who will contribute to help. Some of you guys probably will too. Interestingly,I've been told to 'get over myself'. This thread is all about something somebody wants. Does anybody NEED a carbon fiber driveshaft??? No , you WANT one. That line gets pretty fuzzy sometimes doesn't it? Getting one of these things is about yourself...can you get over that?

I've never once told anybody what to buy, contribute or do. Read 'em again guys....I've asked you to think. The defensive reponses are generally from people who are so into their car( a personal item) that they are offended somebody would ASK them to think about something else. Thanks for the insight , guys. Gotta go to the airport.
You've taught me a lot about some fellow Mustang owners. Breathe your collective sigh of relief...I'm leaving for a few days and will not come back to this thread.I've seen enough. Truly...more important things to do.
Old 9/2/05, 10:15 AM
Cobra Member

Do you NEED a Mustang? Do you NEED your high speed internet connection? Do you NEED cable or satellite TV?

They are not defensive responses hayburner, and that is what YOU don't get. If you had just told us we just re-examine our priorities and think of giving some to charity or to the cause in N.O I would have been fine and so would others. But you insisted on getting "mad" at us for talking about driveshafts. It seems like you need to review your own messages, then come back. And you always end with how you are gonna help. I'm glad you are gonna help but who needs the affirmation now?
Old 9/2/05, 10:45 AM
Cobra Member

Didn't see my support? Hmm...guess you can't see much past your own property line. Sorry to burst your myopic bubble ,but some folks do care about others. How 'bout some gold plated headers to make you feel better?
Bye? I'm not going anywhere.
being inflamatory

and

People are swimming down the street in New Orleans and we're talking about carbon fiber driveshafts for a thousand bucks?
A nation of strange priorities.
assuming other people's priorities.

and

I'm not the least bit mad.I've expressed an opinion, not a tirade. Never said anyone here is not charitable. You're getting a little defensive aren't you?
Really? You aren't? Read through your posts. You know, you could have said something like this and NONE OF THIS would have happened.

Hey guys, I instead of buying this expensive driveshaft I urge you all to donate money to the American Red Cross by mailing money to (this address), or to give some time to the disaster effort by calling (this number).

Wouldn't that have been more simple? You would have not only given people information on how to help, not just saying to do it, but it wouldn't have been done in a negative way without who starting arguements on the "self-absorbed" to flame away and try to guess at our priorities.
Old 9/2/05, 10:57 AM
Bullitt Member

Everyone knows its a tragedy, and prayers are with all those families affected by this storm and levy break.
---------------------------------------

Can a moderator please stop this clown....yes clown!!

This is getting out of hand...in the wrong place.
Please delete all uneeded posts in this thread not pertaining to that AWESOME SHAFT!! What is the point of these posts in this particular thread? to show fellow members arguing on an unrelated topic???

hayburner,

Fly your routes, feel better about your life, and move your comments to the appropiate forum. Am I a moderator...NO!!
You are acheiving nothing here, and only agravating yourself, and quite frankly....looking a little silly. Not over the subject...but the way you have conducted yourself here.
Yes...this from a NEWBIE!!

But at one point common sence has to set in for you....or something.

HAVE A GREAT HOLIDAY TO ALL

BE SAFE
Old 9/2/05, 11:11 AM

Originally posted by hayburner@September 1, 2005, 10:13 PM
How funny. I've never seen a couple of guys so uptight and thin skinned. Sorry about bringing the bad news to you two and "ruining your fun" when people are dying. Once again,I never said anybody here was not charitable,but this has been a good insight into some folk's priorities. $1100 plus labor probably seems like a good deal to you for a good shafting(big,black and shiny,no less!).

169, please thank Andy for his support...he seems to need some kind of affirmation. Good luck balancing your carbon drive shaft, I hear it's not easy. I am going to fly relief supplies to N.O. for a few days . I appreciate your attempts to "set me straight".Maybe someday I will
come to my senses and learn to take care of what's really important.
Will you please STFU? Wrong place for your comments you self righteous idiot. :angry:
Old 9/2/05, 11:17 AM
Mach 1 Member

Moderator intervention requested!
Old 9/2/05, 11:38 AM
Cobra Member

He's gone for a few days.

Not too soon to send me this PM (which I don't care about making public)

"You have got major issues........good luck"

And thats it. He's a great person. Didn't you see how nice he is in those quotes I posted he claimed to not have said?

Quick Reply: Carbon Fiber Drive Shaft