Calling all H.O FRPP/Whipple owners

Search this Thread

Old 3/15/07, 01:48 PM
G.T
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Unhappy Calling all H.O FRPP/Whipple owners

Guys, i need your help big time.

As some of you might already know, i have a H.O Whipple/FRPP supercharger half way across the atlantic coming for my baby in Dubai..

problem is, Ford Racing are now saying that they basically can't generate a tune for my ECU, as it has a different part number compared to those found in Mustangs sold in the US.
Eventually they even came off saying the kit wasn't meant to be sold overseas!

keeping in mind that i'm currently running a tune made by Doug @ Bamachips for my JLT-II.
the tune was almost identical to those any of you got from Doug, except that my rear o2 sensors are turned off, as we don't have these in cars exported here.
now we figured if doug could make a tune work for my JLT-II, he surely can make one for my Whipple provided we have the tune parameters used by Whipple and Ford Racing!

Does anyone here live close to Bamachips, and could spare sometime to go to Doug and have him read out his ECU?

if not, anyone with an SCT XCalibrator can dump his ECU using the XCal, which i can then send to Doug to generate a tune for my Strategy code..

Any help would be REALLY appreciated.. i'm really running out of options here
Old 3/15/07, 02:21 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How do i dump my ECU using my Xcal2?
Old 3/15/07, 02:27 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It would also be cool if someone could email me over a part number to their PCM, it's located on the bottom of the computer on a white sticker with a bar code.

The code will be (XXX-12A650-XXX) Let's help this guy out!

It has to be a manual 06 GT! Your help would be GREATLY appreciated.

CR
Tillman Speed
Old 3/15/07, 02:34 PM
G.T
Mach 1 Member

There's a utility shipped with the SCT Live Link 3 software, which you'd find inside the program installation directory called "XC2Dump"

this tool can be used to dump the stored stock tune from the XCalibrator 2 onto your PC.

so the idea is to flash a vechicle with the canned or custom tune from the XCalibrator II, which will cause the XCal to save the current tune from the ECU (in other words, the FRPP/Whipple tune)

don't turn on the ignition obviously.. just plug the XCal to a PC, run XC2Dump and save the ECU backup.. the result file should be around 961KB and it should contain a full dump of your FRPP/Whipple tuned ECU.

now go back to the vehicle, plug the XCal2, and return to stock..
this should replace the Stock tune (which in reality is your FRPP/Whipple tune).

one thing to note here, is the strategy code of your vehicle..
if you're using a 9415 SF with canned tunes from SCT for many vehicles, then you should be alright
however if you are using a 9400 XCal II loaded with a custom tune (say from Bamachips or another SCT dealer/tuner) you will need to make sure your current strategy matches that of the tune.

if in doubt, plug the XCal2, and read the strategy from the DTC menu.. post it here, and i will check with Doug if he could generate a custom tune for your strategy for you to use temporarily..
Old 3/15/07, 02:44 PM
G.T
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by TillmanSpeed
It would also be cool if someone could email me over a part number to their PCM, it's located on the bottom of the computer on a white sticker with a bar code.

The code will be (XXX-12A650-XXX) Let's help this guy out!

It has to be a manual 06 GT! Your help would be GREATLY appreciated.

CR
Tillman Speed
Thanks for taking part in this manhunt CR

you think a 2005 would work?
MaverickMLFD371 has the H.O Whipple on his 2005 manual GT...
Old 3/15/07, 02:49 PM
Former Vendor

As a base map, that will work. We can make it work. If we can get his PCM part number, we're good to go!
Old 3/16/07, 04:13 PM
G.T
Mach 1 Member

still no luck there..

come on guys.. do this one for me :'(
Old 3/16/07, 06:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

Wish I could help, I'd be glad to do so.

Like they say, the best intentions...
Old 3/16/07, 06:33 PM

Would love to help but I'm an 07.
Old 3/16/07, 06:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

Are there any shops in Dubai that could tune it for you? That's what i did, had my installer tune the car as well.
Old 3/16/07, 07:01 PM
G.T
Mach 1 Member

Without the basemap from Whipple.. it'd be a shot in the dark for any tuner out here
not to mention there's barely a single reliable tuner in Dubai that i'd trust with this kit :\

thanks alot guys, i appreciate the support
hopefully soon enough someone will post a part number from their 2006 GT PCM which could be our first step to resolve this

or even better, someone with the whipple could dump his ECU and send it over, so we can replicate and fine tune that, and get my baby back on the road
Old 3/17/07, 07:16 AM
Mach 1 Member

GT,
You may want to check with LethalPerformance. I know they just started a program that developes "aftermarket" tunes specifically for the Whipple package. I'm sure they could e-mail you one of theirs (for a price).
Good luck!
Old 3/17/07, 12:00 PM
Former Vendor

VMP Tuning is doing all of their tunes. I have contacted them about the Whipple tune. I have something in the works for him right now off of our twin screw baseline tune. So we'll have him squared away either way.

We still do need a part number from someone with a S197 Manual GT. Simply unbolt the PCM from the engine bay, and the number is on the bottom. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! THANKS!
Old 3/17/07, 12:35 PM
G.T
Mach 1 Member

i'd love to have any workaround tune from VMP tuning or anyone else, just to get my car going now, till we sort out the proper tune through Whipple or Ford Racing.

i'd appreciate having this ASAP.. as for now my car is sitting outside stock.. and my blower is sitting inside in boxes.. and i'm just itching to get it installed
Old 3/17/07, 01:48 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by G.T
Thanks for taking part in this manhunt CR

you think a 2005 would work?
MaverickMLFD371 has the H.O Whipple on his 2005 manual GT...
Hey Louie, I just sent Paul (MaverickMLFD371) a text message, to get him on the boards to help you.
Old 3/17/07, 01:59 PM
G.T
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
Hey Louie, I just sent Paul (MaverickMLFD371) a text message, to get him on the boards to help you.
hey i really appreciate that Jeff!
i've PM'ed Paul myself, and even added him on YIM 3 days ago.. unfortunately he hasn'e showed up yet.
guess he's busy or something

i'm sure he'd jump to the rescue.. after all the one time i wanted to have a look at the installation manual for the Whipple to help make up my mind.. he went outta his way to photocopy 75 pages and mail them across the world!
Old 3/19/07, 05:56 AM
Team Mustang Source

hey sorry guys I'm here, finally got back onto the boards here been way too busy with the police academy.

G.T. or everyone, what exactly is it that is needed to get his car running??
Old 3/19/07, 03:56 PM
GT Member

So you just need the numbers on my computer box? I have an 06gt prem with manual. Let me know if you still need it - and from a "i dont know **** about car computers" - this wont F'up my own stuff will it?
Old 3/19/07, 04:17 PM
Former Vendor

It will not hurt your vehicle. Simply unbolt the battery cables, and unplug the pins to your PCM. There are 1 or 2 bolts holding the PCM down, undo them and pull the PCM out, underneath will be a white tag with a part number (XXXX-12A650-XXX). Then you can reinstall, plug back in pins, and then reinstall battery cable.

CR
Tillman Speed