GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

C&L and X-Calibrator 2 from brenspeed.com

Search this Thread

Old 8/1/05, 08:44 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you are debating on which CAI and tuner to get, I highly recommend the C&L and X-Calibrator 2 combo from brenspeed.com. Brent is a great guy and he was great to do business with. He gave me his new 93 tune along with 2 other tunes, and let me tell you.....Brent's new tune is AWESOME!!! I was skeptical about buying a CAI and tune, but I am so glad I did. I cant believe how much harder this thing pulls and how much better it sounds. I am a believer now....a CAI and tune are definitely the way to go for power. Brent definitely has got this dialed in right....so you guys should give him a call!
Old 8/1/05, 09:23 AM

I installed my C & L SCT X2 on Friday from Brenspeed on Friday and I love it!!!
Old 8/1/05, 09:43 AM
Mach 1 Member

Had mine for a week, I'm on the 87 octane tune. Running the tank out, getting ready for the 93. Great product and service.
Old 8/1/05, 10:08 AM
Mach 1 Member

I'm really lookin' hard for a CAI and tune pkg. It's great to hear all of the successes folks are having. But I'm stuck on which one to go with:

Option A: Breenspeed's C&L + SCT X2 tuner, with proven, specific tunes available now , BUT $675!! :notnice:

or

Option B: RPM Outlet's K&N + Predator, install CAI and enjoy now, wait for specific K&N tune :notnice: , BUT $500 .

It looks to me the performance will be very similar (once the K&N specific tune is online), so for nearly a $200 difference
Old 8/1/05, 10:20 AM
Mach 1 Member

I don't know but, I would bet a CAI custum tune for the K&N will raise the cost of that package. No matter who sells it. Then you may have the extra cost of getting the tunes. Some vendors charge 75.00 for the first and 25.00 for each additional. That would be on top of the cost. With Brent your X-cal2 comes preloaded and ready to go. No waiting to download after you receive your CAI and tuner.
Old 8/1/05, 12:39 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Lowe!@August 1, 2005, 10:11 AM
I'm really lookin' hard for a CAI and tune pkg. It's great to hear all of the successes folks are having. But I'm stuck on which one to go with:

Option A: Breenspeed's C&L + SCT X2 tuner, with proven, specific tunes available now , BUT $675!! :notnice:

or

Option B: RPM Outlet's K&N + Predator, install CAI and enjoy now, wait for specific K&N tune :notnice: , BUT $500 .

It looks to me the performance will be very similar (once the K&N specific tune is online), so for nearly a $200 difference
Not to take anything away from Brenspeed, just wanted to pass along that I had Excellent Service/Support from Doug at BamaChips May want to consider that a Option C

I purchased my C&L CAI and SCT2 from him for $650.00 including 3 specific C&L CAI tunes - 87, 89 & 93 octane. I couldn't be happier !!!!!
Do a search on bamachips, you'll see some positive comments from others as well.
Old 8/2/05, 07:52 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by mlcrisis@August 1, 2005, 12:42 PM
Not to take anything away from Brenspeed, just wanted to pass along that I had Excellent Service/Support from Doug at BamaChips May want to consider that a Option C

I purchased my C&L CAI and SCT2 from him for $650.00 including 3 specific C&L CAI tunes - 87, 89 & 93 octane. I couldn't be happier !!!!!
Do a search on bamachips, you'll see some positive comments from others as well.
How do you contact him, I did not see a phone # on their site
Old 8/2/05, 12:30 PM
Bullitt Member

Hello everybody,

Thanks for all the kind words. I also wanted to point out that we install and test every part we sell. If we sell it, we use it, and we race with it. This gives us the hands on racing and installation experience to help you out over the phone when you have techinical problems. If you have further questions for us you can contact us during normal business hours at 574.834.7455. If it is on our site www.brenspeed.com it is a stocked item that we intend to keep on the shelf for same day FREE shipping.

Old 8/2/05, 01:34 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by BRENSPEED@August 2, 2005, 12:33 PM
I also wanted to point out that we install and test every part we sell. If we sell it, we use it, and we race with it. This gives us the hands on racing and installation experience to help you out over the phone when you have techinical problems.
That, along with your reputation from The Mustang Source, is what convinced me to go with brenspeed.com. I dont know how many times I have called other well known performance dealers for my other vehicles, only to be connected to some broad who doesnt even know anything about the products. True, you can get good deals at those warehouses....but its worth paying a couple extra dollars to be able to have the support and technical expertise when you need it. So thanks again Brent....you definitely have gained a loyal customer!

I am still amazed at the difference that new 93 tune has made to the Mustang!! Cant wait to get it to the track to see if I can break into the 12's also!
Old 8/2/05, 04:05 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by davids2toys@August 2, 2005, 7:55 AM
How do you contact him, I did not see a phone # on their site
Shoot him an email at the "Contact Us" label on his website. He will contact you.

You WON'T Regret it...
Old 8/2/05, 09:17 PM

Do you have the dyno number?
Old 8/2/05, 10:31 PM

Originally posted by holeshot@August 1, 2005, 8:47 AM
If you are debating on which CAI and tuner to get, I highly recommend the C&L and X-Calibrator 2 combo from brenspeed.com. Brent is a great guy and he was great to do business with. He gave me his new 93 tune along with 2 other tunes, and let me tell you.....Brent's new tune is AWESOME!!! I was skeptical about buying a CAI and tune, but I am so glad I did. I cant believe how much harder this thing pulls and how much better it sounds. I am a believer now....a CAI and tune are definitely the way to go for power. Brent definitely has got this dialed in right....so you guys should give him a call!

I bought this same setup from Brenspeed. It makes a huge difference! Brent is very responsive both on email and the phone. Will do business again!!!
Old 8/4/05, 09:48 AM
GT Member

Another Brenspeed satisfied customer. Not only improves performance, but looks great! Thanks Brent