GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

C&L Predator to "Regular" Predator?

Search this Thread

Old 8/9/06, 11:54 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C&L Predator to "Regular" Predator?

Hey all depending on how things go I may want to sell my very recently aquired Predator for an Xcal 2 for the auto tranny benefits. I just recently learned that Lidio has some tunes that may do the trick for the Predator so I'll maybe see about that.

If I don't go that route is there any way to make the C&L version of the Predator into the normal Mustang GT version of the Predator to help make resale easier?
Old 8/9/06, 12:28 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I just asked both C&L and Diablo about the exact opposite of that. I've got the regular version (U7140) and was wondering if I could re-flash the tool to make it a CL7140. Nope. But according to C&L's tech support, there really isn't any funtionality difference between the two anyway. Supposed to have all the same adjustments available, and you can upload tunes to it from your computer just like you can the U7140. I think the CL7140 just doesn't come with any non-C&L tunes, they're all for the C&L intakes.

I'm still waiting for Diablo to put out a new revision that covers the new '07 computers, since mine is still not recognized by the r28 version.

I'll keep checking their website, as I was assured it'd be out soon.
Old 8/9/06, 01:20 PM
Bullitt Member

My only issue is I tried to up the R28 tune from the Diablo site to my C&L because it said it was R26 figuring it was out of date. It kacked out and wouldn't finish and left the diablo dead in the water. I was able to reflash using the R26 tune from the Diablo site once I realized the programming was different. I have done some reading and it looks that if I get a custom tuner to look at it I might be able to get around it. I'd rather not if possible.
Old 8/9/06, 02:21 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Give C&L a call, they should be able to help, too. They sent me new tunes for my CAL-ID, even though I can't install them yet since I can't backup the stock tune.
Old 8/9/06, 02:59 PM
Bullitt Member

I may have to do that.