GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

C&L Intake and Diablo Predator Installed!

Search this Thread

Old 2/14/05, 03:57 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lee, if I get your intake with diablo tune would it still be OK if I added a axleback exhaust??Or would that require a new tune??
Old 2/14/05, 05:12 PM

According to the primary tuner who has been developing these files for us at Diablosport, a cat-back does not change things enough to need to make adjustments. They have tested both a Borla cat-back and a new system from a company that makes OEM exhaust components. I am going to test a cat-back system as well, just to make sure, and we will share our results with everyone. But, so far, I know of no need to change the tune with just a cat-back. I am guessing that the primary difference that you will see with a cat-back is in the sound of the vehicle, and any performance gain will probably be minimal. I am pretty sure that an off-road pipe will need some sort of adjustment, however...

Lee
Old 2/16/05, 05:32 PM
Cobra Member

My C&L Intake kit and Diablo Predator arrived today! The finish of the kit is spectacular! I had the intake tube and MAF houseing powdercoated in a polished finish. Lee and the folk's at C&L really out-did themselves with this set-up! The fit and finish of all the component's is among the best I've seen. The packaging was good also, and shipping was fast! Thank's again Lee...

I have an appointment on Friday at my local speedshop (Silverstate's Motorsport's). I'm going to bring the kit with me, and install it after a couple of baseline pull's. It won't be a true "baseline" as I already have my JBA longtube header's and off-road H-pipe installed w/Magnapak's out back. But I want Lee at C&L along with you guy's to get "real result's" of the gain's of the C&L kit and the Diablo. After the baseline is done, the kit will go on and the dyno tuning with the Diablo will comence. I hope to break 300 HP to the ground!!

I must say, I'm fighting the urge to bolt everything on with every "fiber of my being"!!! :bang: :bang: But, I said I would give you guy's number's and by god your going to get'em! Perhap's at the cost of my sanity :crazy:, but it's all good 2 day's won't kill me.....

I hope to have Dyno sheet's posted Friday night.... B)
Old 2/20/05, 01:08 PM
3rd Times A Charm

Lee... I think you have got me sold on the C&L Intake w/ Diablo Tuner. I've been looking at the SCT Xcalibrator, but I think this is more of what I'm looking for. Thanks for being so helpfull.
Old 2/20/05, 01:22 PM
GT Member

Vegas where is your dyno results with the diablo from friday? Would love to see some results and how the unit works.
Old 2/20/05, 02:15 PM
Cobra Member

Friday was a zoo! It was pouring down rain Friday, but I finally made it to Silverstate Motorsport's here in Vegas. Keep in mind humidity was 100%.

The C&L intake went on great, again the fit and finish is top notch! I then downloaded the C&L Performance tune from the Diablo Predator in to the car. My shop also monitored A/F ratio's to make sure everything was "safe". The Diablo is awsome!! I was able to scroll through the option's before downloading the tune and change alot of peramiter's. Such as the Rev limiter (pushed it up to 6420 RPM's), the speed limiter (was 145 mph, now OFF!! B) ), Idle RPM's (now 690 RPM), there is ALOT of option's with it! How did we come out?? Very well IMO! I only had time to run two pull's the second pull already showed about a 3 HP gain over the first pull. Second Pull...304.1 RWHP / 325.3 RWTQ!

My shop didn't have the latest softwear update to further tune the Diablo. They should have it any day now. My Tuner said we can definatley get more out of it, but he recomend's bringing HP up slowly, to ensure eveything is safe (I Agree!!)

Final thought's: This Kit is solid and well made. The tune woked with the intake very well. The A/F ratio's at WOT hovered at 12.8. The car run's great, the throttle is crisp and instant, the "hang" when you let off the throttle is GONE! The power and "feel" of the care is smooth with INSTANT- violent acceleration. It now "chirp's" the 1-2 shift as well as the 2-3 shift easily. You can Install this kit and every thing is made to work together, a real NO-Hassel, plug and play up-grade! And I belive yesterday I got her up to 160 mph+ real easy !! This thing is turning into an animal!
Old 2/20/05, 02:21 PM
Bullitt Member

Awesome Jay. You hit your target numbers (300 whp) and then some.

Congrats!

slicks and decent temps and you will see high 12s....
Old 2/20/05, 02:39 PM
Cobra Member

Dyno Sheet:
Old 2/20/05, 03:13 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by Vegasjay@February 20, 2005, 3:18 PM
Friday was a zoo! It was pouring down rain Friday, but I finally made it to Silverstate Motorsport's here in Vegas. Keep in mind humidity was 100%.

The C&L intake went on great, again the fit and finish is top notch! I then downloaded the C&L Performance tune from the Diablo Predator in to the car. My shop also monitored A/F ratio's to make sure everything was "safe". The Diablo is awsome!! I was able to scroll through the option's before downloading the tune and change alot of peramiter's. Such as the Rev limiter (pushed it up to 6420 RPM's), the speed limiter (was 145 mph now OFF!! B) ), Idle RPM's (now 690 RPM), there is ALOT of option's with it! How did we come out?? Very well IMO! I only had time to run two pull's the second pull already showed about a 3 HP gain over the first pull. Second Pull...304.1 RWHP / 325.3 RWTQ!

My shop didn't have the latest softwear update to further tune the Diablo. They should have it any day now. My Tuner said we can definatley get more out of it, but he recomend's bringing HP up slowly, to ensure eveything is safe (I Agree!!)

Final thought's: This Kit is solid and well made. The tune woked with the intake very well. The A/F ratio's at WOT hovered at 12.8. The car run's great, the throttle is crisp and instant, the "hang" when you let of the throttle is GONE! The power and "feel" of the care is smooth with INSTANT- violent acceleration. It now "chirp's" the 1-2 shift as well as the 2-3 shift easily. You can Install this kit and every thing is made to work together, a real NO-Hassel, plug and play up-grade! And I belive yesterday I got her up to 160 mph+ real easy !! This thing is turning into an animal!
What kind of software update does the shop need to tune? Is this something everybody has to get or just a shop update? Also the C&L plus a tune gave you 19hp over the headers? What has to be done if you use a different CAI and not the C&L. Do you still download that tune of have to read A/F and adjust fuel and timing for another brand CAI? Thank's for the info.
Old 2/20/05, 03:28 PM
Cobra Member

The softwear update is just so the shop can further "tweak" the tune to squeeze out more HP. They just don't have the update because the Diablo Tuner for the 2005 Mustang is so new. It's just a shop update for thier "advanced" shop only tuning capabilities.

The Diablo Predator itself is good to go. I would want to read A/F ratio's for sure, if using a different CIA. If not using a C&L, I would consult with Diablo as they would set up a different tune for you. That's what's nice about the C&L kit, it's deffinatley the best kit for those that don't want to mess around with going to a shop a bunch and "tweaking" IMO. It's set up great as it is, I just want a little more. It's definatley "plug and play" HP in a simple well made kit...
Old 2/20/05, 03:43 PM
FR500 Member

With 325 rwtq and the addition of 4.10's, you will be in the market for rear wheels and tires shortly. Great numbers!
Old 2/20/05, 03:54 PM
V6 Member

Great numbers
Old 2/20/05, 04:05 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by wild stray+February 20, 2005, 4:46 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(wild stray @ February 20, 2005, 4:46 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>With 325 rwtq and the addition of 4.10's, you will be in the market for rear wheels and tires shortly. Great numbers!
[/b]

Yah, my rear tire's are almost "roasted" already! The dealership was going to rotate them till they saw them, then my Tech smiled and said don't bother... Back to my favorite saying: "This is gona get expensive" Swithching to wide BFG's perhap's sooner than expected...

<!--QuoteBegin-2k5pony
@February 20, 2005, 4:57 PM
Great numbers
[/quote]

Thank's, You Too!!
Old 2/20/05, 04:12 PM
FR500 Member

, then my Tech smiled and said don't bother... Back to my favorite saying: "This is gona get expensive" Swithching to wide BFG's perhap's sooner than expected...

Yeah, I don't think there will be a whole lot of time wasted in tire rotations here either! Would like to get 305's on but waiting for a rim style I like.
Old 2/20/05, 05:34 PM
Cobra R Member

Did I miss it? What fuel Octane were you using?
Old 2/20/05, 05:39 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by 38special@February 20, 2005, 6:37 PM
Did I miss it? What fuel Octane were you using?
91 Octane.
Old 2/20/05, 11:30 PM
Cobra R Member

Thanks Vegasjay
Old 2/21/05, 05:34 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I looked through the thread, but didn't see it.
What was the before and after gain from the C&L and tune?
Thanks
Jay
Old 2/21/05, 08:16 AM
Cobra Member

Jay - great numbers!! Question - you are at about 300rwhp - from others posts I had thought this was attainable with just the CAI + Tune (91 octane).....shouldn't your headers/exhaust system add more hp? I ask because I was planning on getting the new Magnaflow "X" pipe with high flow cats (+19rwhp) - but won't spend the $500.00 if it really doesn't add anything???

By the way - thanks :worship: :worship: for waiting on the mods so you could give us a baseline pull 1st - curious what the pre-CAI numbers were?

b
Old 2/21/05, 09:15 AM

Justin, I am very impressed with your dyno results. Your success has forced me to make another trip to the dyno after my latest mods. The long tubes from JBA are AWESOME! I can't even get a street race now from any roadworthy street car in my town, noone wants a piece of this car, even though I think it sounds way faster than it really is. Keep up the good work.

Quick Reply: C&L Intake and Diablo Predator Installed!