GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

C & L CAI - New tune!

Search this Thread

Old 4/8/05, 12:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi all,
I have installed the new C&L CAI Diablo tune and I can say it definitely has fixed the low RPM throttle response issues. It now feels great throughout all throttle ranges! I would like to say "email so-and-so" to get the tune, but I know they are working hard to get both the tune and the Predator revision posted online @ Diablo. I would like to thank the Boss and Vegas Jay, as well as the Diablo tech support for their help, as I thought at one point I had lost my factory tune. I know everyone with the C&L are chompin' at the bit for the new one, I can say it is well worth the wait. PM me for any details.

Thanks,
Somewhatdamaged
Old 4/8/05, 01:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by somewhatdamaged@April 8, 2005, 2:39 PM
Hi all,
I have installed the new C&L CAI Diablo tune and I can say it definitely has fixed the low RPM throttle response issues. It now feels great throughout all throttle ranges! I would like to say "email so-and-so" to get the tune, but I know they are working hard to get both the tune and the Predator revision posted online @ Diablo. I would like to thank the Boss and Vegas Jay, as well as the Diablo tech support for their help, as I thought at one point I had lost my factory tune. I know everyone with the C&L are chompin' at the bit for the new one, I can say it is well worth the wait. PM me for any details.

Thanks,
Somewhatdamaged

damaged,
Glad everything worked out for you I have not yet updated my tune. What revision is the new tune?

The Boss Hog
Old 4/8/05, 04:33 PM

Have you had a dyno test done to see what the yune yields in HP? If you have please post it because I may be looking to buy either the Diablo or SCT tuner. I have had great results with the JET chip I currently have but do not know if I will get maximum gains with my future upgrades. Check my signature for future mods and let me know what you would suggest BOSSHOG?
Old 4/8/05, 05:05 PM
Cobra R Member

I went on diablos website today and it was not there yet.
Old 4/8/05, 06:17 PM

Originally posted by The Boss Hog+April 8, 2005, 1:39 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(The Boss Hog @ April 8, 2005, 1:39 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-somewhatdamaged@April 8, 2005, 2:39 PM
Hi all,

Thanks,
Somewhatdamaged

damaged,
Glad everything worked out for you I have not yet updated my tune. What revision is the new tune?

The Boss Hog
[/b][/quote]

Hi Boss,
The tune I received does not have a revision number per say, but it does read differently once downloaded into the Predator. The file is titled different than the one on the web. I was told this is the latest, and I believe it by the quality increase in throttle and overall performance. It is not posted as of yet on the Diablo website.
Old 4/8/05, 06:27 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

I have this tune as well sitting on my computer, I am just waiting for my C&L intake to come in the mail. Once I install it, I will critique it.
Old 4/8/05, 08:21 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by max2000jp@April 8, 2005, 7:30 PM
I have this tune as well sitting on my computer, I am just waiting for my C&L intake to come in the mail. Once I install it, I will critique it.
I have the new tune as well. Will be putting the C&L and new tune on the dyno tomorrow morning. Will report back tomorrow night. Will do a baseline first and then install the intake and tune.

More to come.......
Old 4/9/05, 04:42 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by quicksilver gt@April 8, 2005, 6:36 PM
Have you had a dyno test done to see what the yune yields in HP? If you have please post it because I may be looking to buy either the Diablo or SCT tuner. I have had great results with the JET chip I currently have but do not know if I will get maximum gains with my future upgrades. Check my signature for future mods and let me know what you would suggest BOSSHOG?
quicksilver,
I personally would not go with the JET chip simply because of its lack of "tuneability". I like the Diablo because you can change the tune (and other factors) yourself, but other people have had good luck with the SCT. You already have a good CAI (Steeda) and they have tunes for both the SCT and the Diablo so it is really up to you. 169stang has had very good results with his Steeda/SCT combo. When you do add the items on your future mod list, you will need to go to a dyno and get a custom tune just for your setup. Because of that, you might want to check on which Tuner your local dyno operator supports.

Hope this helps a little.

The Boss Hog
Old 4/10/05, 03:27 PM
Cobra R Member

Added the new tune today. Lower gears seem smoother now. Not much of a problem for me before, but it was an improvement.