GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

BMR Relocation brackets, no more wheel hop!

Search this Thread

Old 6/2/06, 07:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMR Relocation brackets, no more wheel hop!

I've been thinking for a while something can't be quite right with my car. I installed BMR lower control arms, and lowered the rear suspension about the same time last year, and the car has always had BAD, dash rattling wheel hop on wet roads even in third gear (yes, I like to have fun on wet roads). I never noticed any on dry roads, but then I'm not spinning the tires very often then. The car also felt like an Ocean Motion ride when shifting. The car would just rock forward and back even under light acceleration.

Late last year somebody said something to me about the LCA's running uphill from the front to the rear. I looked, and sure enough, they sloped the wrong direction. Well, I finally did something about it!

After installing the relocation brackets, my LCA angle went from 4 degrees up, to 7 degrees down (from front mount down to axle). I knew there was a difference as soon as I pulled away from the first stop. The Ocean Motion is gone, and the car just hooks and hauls *** from a stop. The most noticeable improvement was when I drove it on wet roads today. I could spin the tires and put the car a little sideways with absolutely no wheel hop.

This is an absolute must for anybody who races, or has lowered their car. From what I understand, the LCA angle also affects handling around corners. My car may corner better now, or it could be my imagination. Anyway, I got the bolt-on brackets . . . install was fairly easy (would have been easier with help), and the difference is night and day.
Old 6/2/06, 08:36 PM

I agree. Here's a link to my suspension setup with pics. My car hooks much better on the stock pirellis now and rips off 1.6 60's at the track on drag radials. Check it out. It's all in the angles! LOL

http://www.svtoa-memphis.com/forums/...ead.php?t=4427
Old 6/2/06, 10:46 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
That's good to hear. I haven't decided on which one to do first. Upper link or relocation brackets. I think I am going with the upper. I haven't lowered my car yet.
Old 6/2/06, 11:09 PM
Legacy TMS Member

It is definitely not your imagination. All the roads around hear are very curvy (FUN) and I always felt I was in a boat hauling *** around here. Installed all the susp parts in my sig and she is so smooth now. Riding on rails around every single corner. I can now really get the feel of the limitations around turns without worrying about the "floating".
Old 6/3/06, 04:59 PM
Cobra R Member

You better take a close look at your ground clearance. I have drag radials on the way that will put the bracket even closer. I am thinking of moving control arms up to the other hole and cutting the bottom off. Send me am E mail and I'll send photos. Too large to post here and I do not know how to resize.
Old 6/3/06, 05:10 PM

thats funny you guys mention that i just went outside and looked at my car and they are going backwords,and just to think i have cut 1.5 60ft with the 125 shot mabey sub 1.4 60ft's will happen now that i bought the relocation brackets.
Old 6/3/06, 09:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by jp's performance
thats funny you guys mention that i just went outside and looked at my car and they are going backwords,and just to think i have cut 1.5 60ft with the 125 shot mabey sub 1.4 60ft's will happen now that i bought the relocation brackets.
If they are in fact at the wrong angle, you should see a difference with the brackets, but with 60 foot times like that already, who knows. Killer numbers already!

I noticed the ground clearance problem. They are close for sure. My car keeps getting closer to the ground without lowering it any more. Just tonight I had to be carefull in a alley because of a deep rut. My chin spoiler makes things even more difficult. I thought about cutting the bottoms off the brackets too, but I need that lower hole since I lowered the back of the car.

I need to take another look because if I get a flat tire, they may hit the ground!
Old 6/5/06, 08:01 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Sonic05
If they are in fact at the wrong angle, you should see a difference with the brackets, but with 60 foot times like that already, who knows. Killer numbers already!

I noticed the ground clearance problem. They are close for sure. My car keeps getting closer to the ground without lowering it any more. Just tonight I had to be carefull in a alley because of a deep rut. My chin spoiler makes things even more difficult. I thought about cutting the bottoms off the brackets too, but I need that lower hole since I lowered the back of the car.

I need to take another look because if I get a flat tire, they may hit the ground!
My car is lovered also but you can still move up one hole and have angle going in the correct direction.
Old 6/5/06, 09:27 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Sonic05
Don't worry, that's not going to happen. The bottom of the brackets is higher than the bottom of the wheel. Since both the bracket and the wheel travel with the axle, the bracket can't go lower than the wheel, hence it can't hit the street if you get a flat. Unless of course the wheel gets bent...then we're screwed!!