GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

BMR A-Arm Support Review

Search this Thread

Old 7/7/06, 06:28 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMR A-Arm Support Review

I installed a BMR A-Arm Support a few weeks ago. The first time I tried I attempted to install the A-Arm Support I jacked the front of the car up by the K-Member (is this bad, it was the first time I jacked up the front of the car) I couldn't remove the bolts. So after spending some money at Sears I tried the next week using my uncle's lift. We got the A-Arm support installed and torqued to 140 lbs like BMR stated to. After installing the A-Arm support the front has felt a little stiffer and I've been throwing Lucy into corners a little faster now.

Unfortunately, the front of the car has started to make noise all the time. It can be going 5 mph around the corner or 45 going down the road. I'll try and get back under the car this weekend to check the bolts and retorque them. When the bolts were originally torqued to 140 lbs, loctite was used on them as well.

I forgot to bring a camera when I installed it so I'll try and take pictures if I can when I get under the car this weekend.

Simon
Old 7/12/06, 07:36 AM
GT Member

I got under the car on Monday but forgot to post. The support bar and bolts didn't budget when I tried to move them with my hands. Unfortunately I didn't get time to use the torque wrench due to the Sun causing the driveway to heatup and allow jack to sink an inch & half.

Overall I like the support bar, and still trying to find the source of the noise. The noise has decreased lately, or the noise from my shifter has just increased to the point that I only hear that.

Simon
Old 7/21/06, 08:47 AM
Cobra R Member

I have not had a problem with mine. I had to flip my bolts over so the bolt head was up.....but no problems so far. Cannot really tell a huge difference, but hey it s a mod.