GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Better C&L or Steeda CAI?

Search this Thread

Old 4/22/05, 09:06 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by 169stang@April 19, 2005, 8:48 PM
I was going to be REALLY surprised if Jay didn't chime in on this before the day ended. Tonight was my deadline for him. My thoughts were on target. I know I'm not the only one.
Old 4/22/05, 11:52 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Tucker+April 22, 2005, 11:09 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tucker @ April 22, 2005, 11:09 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-169stang@April 19, 2005, 8:48 PM
I was going to be REALLY surprised if Jay didn't chime in on this before the day ended. Tonight was my deadline for him. My thoughts were on target. I know I'm not the only one.

[/b][/quote]

So Jay?

I have about $500.00 to play with right now and absolutely no mods on the car yet (05 GT). You think a CIA / Predator or CIA / SCT would be in order? Not sure which one although I am leaning towards the predator.
Old 4/22/05, 11:53 AM
Bullitt Member

Oh Yeah... Some have been using pipe insulation across the section of radiator hose that is closest to the CIA tube. Sounds like a solid $5.00 investment to me in order to keep the heat off the intake.
Old 4/23/05, 12:15 AM
V6 Member

Sadly, I've read lots of Jay's posts - as I am very interested in this concept. In fact, I've even said that the plastic tube design is probably more sound thermodynamically. However, the attitude displayed by Jay (below) and the numerous typos throughout your other posts, Jay, lead me to question the amount of sound design principles and engineering that went into the product development. In fact, this kind of post makes me think of the boys from Orange County Choppers - not a very professional image is it?

Jason up at the top of this thread changed my mind to actually want to order the JLT product. That quickly changed once I got to your response. Other than alienating a potential customer and demonstrating this attitude to others, all the post did was underscore that I wanted a product designed and supported in a professional matter. Thanks for helping in the decision.

Peet

P.S. Jason - many thanks for the patient response.

Originally posted by Tucker@April 19, 2005, 5:37 PM
Wow
Do you have it wrong.
Old 4/25/05, 04:41 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by peet+April 23, 2005, 1:18 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(peet @ April 23, 2005, 1:18 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Sadly, I've read lots of Jay's posts - as I am very interested in this concept. In fact, I've even said that the plastic tube design is probably more sound thermodynamically. However, the attitude displayed by Jay (below) and the numerous typos throughout your other posts, Jay, lead me to question the amount of sound design principles and engineering that went into the product development. In fact, this kind of post makes me think of the boys from Orange County Choppers - not a very professional image is it?

Jason up at the top of this thread changed my mind to actually want to order the JLT product. That quickly changed once I got to your response. Other than alienating a potential customer and demonstrating this attitude to others, all the post did was underscore that I wanted a product designed and supported in a professional matter. Thanks for helping in the decision.

Peet

P.S. Jason - many thanks for the patient response.

<!--QuoteBegin-Tucker
@April 19, 2005, 5:37 PM
Wow
Do you have it wrong.
[/b][/quote]
You posted a thread saying "don't even say JLT" and I can't respond? All I did was comment that you had the Diablo process out of wack. So did the others who posted.

Peet, I am truley sorry you don't care for my typing skills or think not much time went into this kit, but your wrong about that.

I also am sorry you don't like the fact that, in the past I "went off" on a few who were continously attacking me, my product and integrity. They nore many others here no me or have seen my product, so after a few days and pages of attacks, yes, I let it go. Some need to do some research before they bash, attack or try to bring my integrity into a thread. I have too many happy customers to take that from them.
Sorry for being human.
Jay
Old 4/25/05, 04:44 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by nbk13nw@April 22, 2005, 12:55 PM
So Jay?
I have about $500.00 to play with right now and absolutely no mods on the car yet (05 GT). You think a CIA / Predator or CIA / SCT would be in order? Not sure which one although I am leaning towards the predator.
Well the SCT is cheaper and slightly easier to plug and play. Although the Diablo process isn't that bad. You just up load your stock tune to your PC and email it in. Then it gets modified and sent back.
Feel free to call when your ready.
Jay
Old 4/25/05, 07:17 PM

Other than alienating a potential customer and demonstrating this attitude to others, all the post did was underscore that I wanted a product designed and supported in a professional matter. Thanks for helping in the decision

I realize that I am opening the door to a good flaming, especially from the followers or those that have spent money to this cause, but...
I'm starting to see where Peet is coming from. I'm sure the JLT is a good product, otherwise, there wouldn't be people buying and installing these. Every single remote remark related to the JLT, Jay has come across a bit more offensive then defensive. It just seems he's got a bit of a short fuse. I know he's defending his "livelyhood," or his "integrity," and his being "attacked." I don't see Steeda or C&L on ANY of the forums with the approach that Jay has taken. Some on here have requested specific info and were flamed by Jay and others that follow the product. Some of the worst threads I've seen on here were Jay related. Regardless of the quality of the product, the professionalism is borderline. There isn't too many threads CAI related where Mr. Tucker hasn't chimed in. I could care less if he has a typo in every sentence as observed and noted before. I just think there could be a different level of professionalism shown. As Peet was considering the JLT, I was deterred switching from the Steeda to the JLT due to the overboard reactions on this board.

These are just my thoughts as I too truely enjoy Brad's Forum and get tired of the back and forth scenarios and the bickering...as noted in another thread.
Old 4/25/05, 07:29 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally posted by 169stang@April 25, 2005, 8:20 PM
Other than alienating a potential customer and demonstrating this attitude to others, all the post did was underscore that I wanted a product designed and supported in a professional matter. Thanks for helping in the decision

I realize that I am opening the door to a good flaming, especially from the followers or those that have spent money to this cause, but...
I'm starting to see where Peet is coming from. I'm sure the JLT is a good product, otherwise, there wouldn't be people buying and installing these. Every single remote remark related to the JLT, Jay has come across a bit more offensive then defensive. It just seems he's got a bit of a short fuse. I know he's defending his "livelyhood," or his "integrity," and his being "attacked." I don't see Steeda or C&L on ANY of the forums with the approach that Jay has taken. Some on here have requested specific info and were flamed by Jay and others that follow the product. Some of the worst threads I've seen on here were Jay related. Regardless of the quality of the product, the professionalism is borderline. There isn't too many threads CAI related where Mr. Tucker hasn't chimed in. I could care less if he has a typo in every sentence as observed and noted before. I just think there could be a different level of professionalism shown. As Peet was considering the JLT, I was deterred switching from the Steeda to the JLT due to the overboard reactions on this board.

These are just my thoughts as I too truely enjoy Brad's Forum and get tired of the back and forth scenarios and the bickering...as noted in another thread.
My exact reasoning why I chose the C&L over the JLT CAI. The price is about the only factor why I remotely considered the JLT. He basically ruined the image of his company coming on here and acting immaturely. My perception of the company is that it's poorly run and managed. I come from a business background and would never buy something from a vendor whom acts that way. Also, the lack of technical information JLT provides, swayed me even further. I have seen members ask "technical" questions that led to a arguement. If you have a great product, let it speak for itself. Don't go acting immaturely, you will only alienate potential customers. No reason to flame, rather anyone that reads the forums with any sense can put two and two together.
Old 4/25/05, 07:34 PM

10, 9, 8...he'll be here soon. I honestly wish my CAI had some tubing other than the factory one, as the JLT has. I know that, in my business, if I represented myself in this manner, I would be run out of town. It wouldn't last long at all. Then again, I'm in a business atmosphere that is customer relations/relationship driven. Go figure. Relationships that build business.
Old 4/25/05, 07:37 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally posted by 169stang@April 25, 2005, 8:37 PM
10, 9, 8...he'll be here soon. I honestly wish my CAI had some tubing other than the factory one, as the JLT has. I know that, in my business, if I represented myself in this manner, I would be run out of town. It wouldn't last long at all. Then again, I'm in a business atmosphere that is customer relations/relationship driven. Go figure. Relationships that build business.
Sell your Steeda and go with a C&L

I am a Product Manager, so I know the importance of building customer relationships. Life is all about building relationships and networking. We both would be looking for new jobs, if we had a similar attitude to Tucker's.
Old 4/25/05, 07:42 PM

I was actually looking to make my own tubing, maybe similiar to what Blazing Saddles has done, but beyond the MAF housing. We do injection molding, so I may be able to put something together. We also have all the lathes and such. I'm just tossing around ideas. I thought about buying the C&L tube alone and having it ceramic coated. Not sure yet. No one seems to have any facts as to how much the tubing actually contributes. I'm sure it does some, but how much?
Old 4/25/05, 10:54 PM
Bullitt Member

I have been following these threads and do not see where Jay is coming off with attitude. Seems alot of people are kicking him around and he is trying to defend himself. I think most would do this. I have tried looking at old threads as well. I just don't see it. I will be purchasing a JLT CAI when I get my mod allowance built up again.
I also have to say some of the most intelligent people I know are some of the worst spellers.
Old 4/25/05, 11:19 PM
FR500 Member

[quote=169stang,April 25, 2005, 6:45 PM]
I was actually looking to make my own tubing, maybe similiar to what Blazing Saddles has done, but beyond the MAF housing. We do injection molding, so I may be able to put something together. We also have all the lathes and such. I'm just tossing around ideas. I thought about buying the C&L tube alone and having it ceramic coated. Not sure yet. No one seems to have any facts as to how much the tubing actually contributes. I'm sure it does some, but how much?

I replaced the stock intake tube with the C&L just before a dyno and found it made no difference.
Old 4/25/05, 11:36 PM
Cobra R Member

Sorry, but I have to say it: I'm tired of this bickering. While I own the C&L product, I have not been insulted by Jay's defensive posture on these forums; Rather, It has been the over enthusiastic opinions of hard core Mustang enthusiasts. At least we agree on the Mustang...I think.
Old 4/25/05, 11:39 PM
Cobra Member

7,6,5,4,3,2,1.....Here's Johny, I mean Jay LOL Couldn't help myself....
Old 4/25/05, 11:41 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Firedude@April 25, 2005, 10:57 PM
I have been following these threads and do not see where Jay is coming off with attitude. Seems alot of people are kicking him around and he is trying to defend himself. I think most would do this. I have tried looking at old threads as well. I just don't see it. I will be purchasing a JLT CAI when I get my mod allowance built up again.
I also have to say some of the most intelligent people I know are some of the worst spellers.
Look back a little further....Find the post's were he as a "business owner" mind you, insult's people and other competitor's pruduct's. Then find the post were he is asked various pertinent and logical technical question's and answered and I quote: "I don't know why it work's but it does"....-Jay, owner of JLT. As mentioned in this thread you don't see other companies slugging it out on here on a daily basis, probably for a good reason. IMO when companies get on here like this it just hurt's OUR forum....Buy his intake, but understand the topic you remark about...
Old 4/26/05, 05:39 AM
Cobra R Member

My Phil Mickelson moment is over now.

I guess one can say you are right Vegasjay. But now what?
Old 4/26/05, 05:59 AM

Be done with it! Maybe a little reform.

I was over the bickering and crap way before my post. I have a little bit longer fuse than most and I was just about tired of the attitude. If you don't see it, I'm sorry. He questioned and took subtle pot shots at a guy on here that was just making his very own custom CAI. I think he should just worry about technical issues on the forums and leave his opinions out of here. If a product works, and he stands behind his product, what more does he need to sell it-Nothing. There is no defensiveness needed. No other Manufacture of CAI is all over every single little thread. People are going to just buy different brands and have different opinions about them. Just relax, support the product and leave thel opinionated stuff out. Offering up facts and data when asked helps as well! I'm done with it!
Old 4/26/05, 06:35 AM
Mach 1 Member

Guys guys guys, let me explain without it being turned around as a "pot shot"
1st off, please ask the tech ?'s I seem to have missed. I don't remember avoiding any questions. If I don't know the answer I'll find it. I am a honest person and do not claim to be a super genious, maybe that is where I went wrong, but I will not claim or try to be something I am not.

2nd, I never, ment any harm to Blaseingsaddles on his intake thread. I congratulated him on a fine product and ment it. He did a great job.
I said "it looks fimilar" because it does. No pot shot here. Read the thread and see how long it took to build and figure out, then the final product is a close representation of a JLT. Hmmm, because it works. Nothing special, just a big straight shot of air.

3rd, It seems some understand my posts and some take them the wrong way totally. There's no need to read deep or turn my posts around. I'm not that deep.

C&L and Steeda don't come here because there established and very busy, I commend them and look up to them, not bash them. I would love to someday be as good as them. I'm here to help answer questions and give another option.

Plus the 10-9-8-7- stuff is what I would consider provoking. Why do we do that?

For the record (and please go back and click, copy and paste) I have never attacked, bashed or spoke bad of another member here. Many have done this to me and I did defend my self on a few occasions, but never without constant provoking.

Sorry if a few of you made up your mind about me and my product from a few posts and without talking to me or seeing the product. It does seem the ones who do have the JLT are very happy and are seeing great results.
Thanks
Jay
Old 4/26/05, 12:04 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by max2000jp@April 25, 2005, 7:40 PM

Sell your Steeda and go with a C&L

I truly can't complain about the performance I got from my Steeda. But who's to say that it cannot be better.
Basically the intake tubes are about the only difference. So, will a C&L Intake Tube work with a Steeda CAI? I see them on plenty of web sites, and they all say "will work with several popular induction systems"

Quick Reply: Better C&L or Steeda CAI?