GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Which is better

Search this Thread

Old 3/27/08, 12:21 PM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by Dixie_Flatline
I Let me guess, mods get positive reinforcement for sweeping the floors?
Not to my knowledge . . . . .

It can be a double edge sword moving and keeping posts in specific areas. If we let threads/posts go and don't move any to their proper place we get notification from members asking us to keep pace and move them to their proper place. If we try to stay on top and keep things as organized as possible we are asked to lighten up and not move threads.

I look at the entire TMS site, but I also understand that certain members do not and hence posts all/most of their topics in the specific areas they view when they frequent TMS.
Old 3/27/08, 12:34 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Evil_Capri
Not to my knowledge . . . . .

It can be a double edge sword moving and keeping posts in specific areas. If we let threads/posts go and don't move any to their proper place we get notification from members asking us to keep pace and move them to their proper place. If we try to stay on top and keep things as organized as possible we are asked to lighten up and not move threads.

I look at the entire TMS site, but I also understand that certain members do not and hence posts all/most of their topics in the specific areas they view when they frequent TMS.
Oh, no, I totally agree, I've seen various communities over the years with no moderation and they become absolutely unusable, and aren't doing the site owner any good. Site moderation is an incredibly valuable thing, especially as those mods tend to be excellent community members on their own (reason for being mods I suppose).

But I'm amazed there isn't any appreciation for the disparate sub communities on TMS within the S197 whole. My point still stands, there is literally no use for the S197 Body Color boards if a post like this gets moved. I'm not an activist by any measure, I'm far too practical for such a foolish hobby, but by the same token... What you're telling me is there isn't any point in posting outside of Mods/Warranty/General. I mean, Bullitt threads were getting tossed around into the Mods/Warranty sections and the Bullittheads are quite a tight knit community....

If we let threads/posts go and don't move any to their proper place we get notification from members asking us to keep pace and move them to their proper place.
This is the internet, and much like real life there are the career bureaucrat denizens who cannot rest until the world conforms to their standard. But if the world already has some semblance of order, listening to the whining minority most likely runs akimbo to the understood acceptance of the silent majority - those who understand it.

Meh, I take it I'm sidetracking this topic.

I wash my hands of this, just trying to provide feedback and insight - if I didn't care for this site and find value in it I wouldn't take the time.
Best of luck with your moderating.
Old 3/27/08, 12:58 PM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by Dixie_Flatline
But I'm amazed there isn't any appreciation for the disparate sub communities on TMS within the S197 whole. My point still stands, there is literally no use for the S197 Body Color boards if a post like this gets moved. I'm not an activist by any measure, I'm far too practical for such a foolish hobby, but by the same token... What you're telling me is there isn't any point in posting outside of Mods/Warranty/General. I mean, Bullitt threads were getting tossed around into the Mods/Warranty sections and the Bullittheads are quite a tight knit community....

This is the internet, and much like real life there are the career bureaucrat denizens who cannot rest until the world conforms to their standard. But if the world already has some semblance of order, listening to the whining minority most likely runs akimbo to the understood acceptance of the silent majority - those who understand it.

Meh, I take it I'm sidetracking this topic.

I wash my hands of this, just trying to provide feedback and insight - if I didn't care for this site and find value in it I wouldn't take the time.
Best of luck with your moderating.
I appreciate the feedback, and discussions like this (even if off-point from the original intent of this thread) are productive from my perspective.

I only have two small little model year threads to post in on TMS, SN-95 & 1994-2004 V8 sub-section, so my head spins looking through all the S197 threads!!

I can not answer your question on the usefulness of the S197 Body Color boards. I have never asked or sought the purpose for them.

Anyway . . . . I too am sorry for diverting posts away from intended topic.

Oh and . . .

Manual
4.10s
C&L
Stones
Old 3/27/08, 02:32 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorry if you feel that talking about gears, transmissions and intakes is somehow different based on the colour of the car. I know, I know....I am not sure why we need the different colour sections either, then again, not sure why we need so many sub forums. However, if you look at the colour sections again you will see that the posts are typically specific to things like "what does this look like on (insert colour)" That sort of thing. If someone posts something like "how do I install a subwoofer" in the Alloy section, well, last time I checked it would be the same for all colours so it gets moved. Well let's see if this topic can get back to what it started out as.