GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Best Price on D-Specs

Search this Thread

Old 2/13/07, 07:53 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Cheese302
its the way it works, i have no clue to what convoluted argument your trying to make here, but it sounds pretty dumb to me. you start out trashing the fact that stangs are SRA, i have no idea what AIX means. you turn this post about how horrible a car with an sra is to telling me about how a purpose built track car that weighs almost half as much as my mustang that has almost twice the horsepower, a plethora of extra aero goodies, and tires that stick as good as glue between pieces of carbon fiber. is somehow miraculously faster than a race car that is production based that weighs a lot more, has at least 200 fewer horsepower, that runs on a spec tire that is not a whole lot wider than the tires on my street car.
You call my post dumb, but you don't know what AIX is? You just lost the last ounce of credibility in regards to your arguement. FYI: AIX is a NASA series(American Iron Extreme). If you ever visited the well known Mustang suspension Guru's (Griggs, MM, or Steeda), you should know exactly what I am talking about. Again, spend some time around real race cars and then come talk to me. I am sure your opinion will change. Obviously, you have a foundness for production based racing, most likely NASCAR and I touched a nerve.
Old 2/13/07, 08:03 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by max2000jp
You call my post dumb, but you don't know what AIX is? You just lost the last ounce of credibility in regards to your arguement. FYI: AIX is a NASA series(American Iron Extreme). If you ever visited the well known Mustang suspension Guru's (Griggs, MM, or Steeda), you should know exactly what I am talking about. Again, spend some time around real race cars and then come talk to me. I am sure your opinion will change. Obviously, you have a foundness for production based racing, most likely NASCAR and I touched a nerve.

i thought you were speaking of a type of car part, not a series. my apologies.

credibility. right, i spend plenty of time around race cars. and the reason i found your post dumb has no basis on knowing what AIX is, its the weird way your arguing. that your straight up comparing an open wheel racing series to a production based class. i worked with my fathers friend from college on his 240z in the scca it-s class, as well as some other stuff. so dont call me dumb. yeah i enjoy nascar, and i think i am more fond of production based racing. but that in know way has an affect on the odd way your trying to prove your point of SRA's suck. which at my last tally was, because its slower than a champ car.
Old 2/13/07, 08:31 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by Cheese302
i thought you were speaking of a type of car part, not a series. my apologies.

credibility. right, i spend plenty of time around race cars. and the reason i found your post dumb has no basis on knowing what AIX is, its the weird way your arguing. that your straight up comparing an open wheel racing series to a production based class. i worked with my fathers friend from college on his 240z in the scca it-s class, as well as some other stuff. so dont call me dumb. yeah i enjoy nascar, and i think i am more fond of production based racing. but that in know way has an affect on the odd way your trying to prove your point of SRA's suck. which at my last tally was, because its slower than a champ car.
I never said SRA sucked, but rather it has it's limitations. Read any basic suspension book and it will clearly state this. Your beef was that I stated that GAC wasn't a good indicator of technology. Read the rules and regulations on Grand Am's website; it's clear as day why I made that comment.

I was comparing two race cars as a reference. I very well know it's not the greatest comparison, but used it as an example of the disperity between the FR500C and Champ car. 30 seconds per lap on a short course is huge. For reference I timed the FR500C at roughly 1:30 vs. 59 seconds for the champ car.
Old 2/13/07, 08:34 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
Old 2/13/07, 08:35 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Stoenr
word, or better yet.. phrase
Old 2/13/07, 08:40 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by Stoenr
I am allowed to derail my own threads. I will point out that I wasn't the person that brought it off topic