Search this Thread

Old 4/13/08, 03:50 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
cool, thanks!
Old 4/14/08, 01:15 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This mod wont fit with long tubes will it?
Old 4/14/08, 08:13 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Faber
This mod wont fit with long tubes will it?
I think there's only one LT it won't fit with, it's listed on the CHE site. Fits fine with my Kooks.

I've had this mod on and off a few times trying to fix a shifting issue which ended up being the clutch. Well, two clutches ago anyway. Once I get the Spec 3+ and S/C installed (hopefully next week), I'll test shifting without it. Then I'll put it on to see if I notice a difference. If I do it'll stay on, if not, I'll put it up for sale.
Old 4/14/08, 09:01 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by scramblr
I think there's only one LT it won't fit with, it's listed on the CHE site. Fits fine with my Kooks.

I've had this mod on and off a few times trying to fix a shifting issue which ended up being the clutch. Well, two clutches ago anyway. Once I get the Spec 3+ and S/C installed (hopefully next week), I'll test shifting without it. Then I'll put it on to see if I notice a difference. If I do it'll stay on, if not, I'll put it up for sale.
Old 4/14/08, 09:41 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Faber
LOL, I just noticed your Avatar. I thought my Sprite was spiked or something!!! Pretty cool!!
Old 4/14/08, 02:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

I called this afternoon to see where mine was since I had not received it. They were nice and hunted it down to a Paypal issue. This one slipped through. Even though it was Paypal at fault, they are shipping it ASAP. Great to deal with!

Also, they said that the brace was used on a 600 HP track car for testing and no issue with Bell Housing structural damage. The only thing they mentioned was the original instructions has some absurd torque spec for the bolts. Make sure you use common sense. If you have the old instructions, don't put 200 lb-ft of torque to them. Your not bolting into tool steel. I'm sure they have all the new lit in circulation, but if you are in doubt, call them, they're great!
Old 4/14/08, 03:09 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by scramblr
LOL, I just noticed your Avatar. I thought my Sprite was spiked or something!!! Pretty cool!!
Lol. thanks
Old 4/14/08, 03:40 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 05GT-O.C.D.
DarkFire, what's your .02 on the brace? And did you get it w/ the torqe limiters I assume?
Yes, definitely got the torque limiters. That's the whole purpose for us. I'll be installed Wednesday probably, and hitting the track Saturday or Sunday if weather permits. The '05 has a big problem going into 3rd at the track, so these really should help from what I've read. Our '05 was built in May of 2005 I think. Hopefully I won't need anything special.
Old 4/14/08, 05:42 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Mine was built in April of 05 so you should be good to go!
Old 4/16/08, 03:05 PM
GT Member

Would the tq limiters need to be adjusted when adding billet motor mounts? I'm figuring on bringing the motor up 1/4" or so...
Old 4/16/08, 06:57 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by tom281
Thinking about this mod, may have to pull the trigger.

Hey Tom and the other guys with the Prothanes...doesn't the Prothanes take most of the rotation of the motor and tranmission out of the whole system? I wouldn't think you would need the TL'er thingy if you have the Prothanes installed. This is coming from an auto trans guy. Duh??
Scott
Old 4/17/08, 01:06 AM
Bullitt Member

I had them put on mine just to get more power to the wheels and less in drivetrain movement. seems to work fine
Old 4/17/08, 04:39 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER
Hey Tom and the other guys with the Prothanes...doesn't the Prothanes take most of the rotation of the motor and tranmission out of the whole system? I wouldn't think you would need the TL'er thingy if you have the Prothanes installed. This is coming from an auto trans guy. Duh??
Scott
Scott,

I have prothanes in my car, and often third gear goes bye bye at full throttle. I did not used to miss it so often before the new driveshaft, but now it is pretty consistently torquing the motor and trans over more, and that third gear gate is not easy to hit anymore. I ordered the torque limiter brace and will report back once it is installed.
Old 4/19/08, 09:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

Did my install today and drove about 40 miles. First impression is WOW. Car is much stiffer and flat up front. The shifting is rock solid. A bit of NVH since now there are several new rigid components, but overall very good mod. May not be for the Daily Driver types as you can't have a super tight car and no NVH. My recommendation is anyone who turns hard enough to flex the chassis get one. Anyone missing 3rd or 4th, get one. Anyone whining about how rough the stock car rides...skip it.
Old 4/20/08, 12:47 AM
V6 Member

not to spoil the party but....... on another forum a guy broke off the part of the block where the torque limiter was connected. im not knockin the product since i dont have one, but thats a very expensiveand complicated fix. like i said, not knockin it but i think everyone deserves an all encompassing review on the product. that being said, he said CHE was very helpful with fixing his problem. some dont like it because it submits two small bolts to a lot of shear force that should not be subjected for that use. but then again who knows im just tellin you guys what ive read
Old 4/20/08, 01:38 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by brown spit8
not to spoil the party but....... on another forum a guy broke off the part of the block where the torque limiter was connected. im not knockin the product since i dont have one, but thats a very expensiveand complicated fix. like i said, not knockin it but i think everyone deserves an all encompassing review on the product. that being said, he said CHE was very helpful with fixing his problem. some dont like it because it submits two small bolts to a lot of shear force that should not be subjected for that use. but then again who knows im just tellin you guys what ive read
Yeah, I was going to post that as well. Once I get the blower on I hope the prothane mounts are enough to keep the engine torque down to a minimum and I won't have to use the T/Ls.

http://www.modularfords.com/forums/s...d.php?t=107197

Last edited by scramblr; 4/20/08 at 01:40 AM.
Old 4/20/08, 01:49 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wow that really sucks
Old 4/20/08, 02:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
http://www.cheperformance.com

Brace with Engine Torque Limiters
Part # CHE7LA V8 K-Member Brace with Engine Torque Limiters
Part # CHE7LA Price: $159.99 - $179.99

This CHE Performance 4 Point K-Member Brace with Engine Torque Limiters for the 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008 Ford Mustang will add rigid support for both the front suspension and your driveline, significantly reducing missed shifts caused by the remote mounted shifter on manual transmission cars. Fits V8 (Manual and Automatic Transmission) Including the Shelby GT500

http://www.cheperformance.com/cartge...pid=208&cid=15

Originally Posted by 05GT-O.C.D.
I must know where to get this. Dang, more money outta wallet, but I think this is the answer for my 1-2 shift under load problems.
Old 4/20/08, 02:38 PM
Mach 1 Member

Why lift engine?

Pardon my question, but why would you want to raise your engine 1/4 inch? Seems totally at odds with better handling?

Originally Posted by PenguinGT
Would the tq limiters need to be adjusted when adding billet motor mounts? I'm figuring on bringing the motor up 1/4" or so...
Old 4/20/08, 02:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

Do you have a link?

I'd like more information about this incident. how many miles were on this install? was it possible that the bolt was lose, enhancing the leverage being applied to the bolt hole?

Do you have a link?

Originally Posted by brown spit8

Quick Reply: Best money I've spent so far!!