GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

BBK T62mm TB????

Search this Thread

Old 1/12/07, 03:58 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TillmanSpeedThere is a particular shop one of the SCT Reps told me today was making 600RWHP with the stock throttle body on N/A.

I would have to see that! to believe it!
Old 1/12/07, 06:29 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by G.T
Naturally Aspirated 600rwhp has got to be **** impressive!
how'd they pull that one off?
I actually gotta call BS on that claim!!!
Old 1/12/07, 07:29 AM
Former Vendor

Hey, I'm not claiming it. The guys in the SCT Tech department are. I don't think 600RWHP N/A is not out of the question, but pretty far fetched. I believe them in their point that the stock throttle body will hold it, though.
Old 1/12/07, 07:50 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by TillmanSpeed
Hey, I'm not claiming it. The guys in the SCT Tech department are. I don't think 600RWHP N/A is not out of the question, but pretty far fetched. I believe them in their point that the stock throttle body will hold it, though.
God I'd LOVE to see that mod list...n/a does mean naturally aspirated right?
Old 1/12/07, 04:05 PM
THE RED FLASH ------ Master-Moderator

Received 2,125 Likes on 1,706 Posts
Right
Old 1/12/07, 04:18 PM
Bullitt Member

Old 1/12/07, 05:35 PM
Former Vendor

I haven't PERSONALLY seen a stock throttle body over 350rwhp. Everyone I've dealt with in-shop has upgraded to the BBK and F.I.
Old 1/12/07, 08:03 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 781 Likes on 570 Posts
Originally Posted by PACETTR
They did mention in the vid that it was very important to properly adjust the spring?/preload? on the dbw assembly...
times 100 on that. Don't know about hp gains but I do know it needs to be adjusted properly. I would almost trust mm/ff mag
Old 1/12/07, 08:30 PM
Former Vendor

No offense to that DVD, because I understand it was time constraints, etc. But they made installation seem like some smooth 2 bolts holding everything together, picture perfect job.

Just little things they didn't mention are a pain in the ***... lining up exhaust tips, tuning for the throttle body, needing a puller for the underdrive installation, the short shifter comes out through the top, otherwise you need to take the driveshaft down. Little stuff like that.
Old 1/13/07, 05:42 PM
Bullitt Member

Cash per Horse Power gains for the after market TB just isnt worth it IMHO. .Unless your looking for looks and willing to spend the duckets.
I could say more but I wont......weres Cleveland when ya need'em .

and Welcome to TMS TillmanSpeed.
Old 1/13/07, 05:59 PM

600hp N/A I don't buy that unless it's the new 8.4L Viper

The throttle body is useless as has been posted. I'm now close to 500 RWHP on the stock one.

I achieved 308 RWHP on a Mustang Dyno with the following performance mods.

C&L Street Intake with 93 Octane C&L Diablosport tune.
Steeda Underdrive Crank Pulley
Meziere Electric Water Pump
JBA Longtube Headers and Offroad H-Pipe
Fidanza Aluminum Flywheel
Centerforce D/F Clutch
FRPP 4.10 Gears

Old 1/13/07, 06:40 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by RubberEater
I know that I am a newb, but any help would be appreciated. If there is another thread that discusses this already, can someone please post a link. Thnx!!
Man you need to settle down and take a deep breath and start reading a whole bunch before you make any moves. You need to go through the learning process first then the moving process. We were all drunk with excitement when we got our new rides and made some mistakes. You can profit from us. I would say that everything that has been done to the new Mustang can be found on this and other forums. This is where we all learned. No jumping from the sand box to JR. High. LOL. I am still in about the fifth grade and working my way up.
Old 1/13/07, 09:46 PM
Former Vendor

Thanks for the welcome!

thump_rrr, that Fidanza flywheel and Centerforce clutch helped put more of that crank power to the ground? From everyone elses numbers, looks like you pulled out an extra 5-10 at the wheels. Great numbers!
Old 1/14/07, 12:00 AM

No offense to that DVD, because I understand it was time constraints, etc. But they made installation seem like some smooth 2 bolts holding everything together, picture perfect job.

Just little things they didn't mention are a pain in the ***... lining up exhaust tips, tuning for the throttle body, needing a puller for the underdrive installation, the short shifter comes out through the top, otherwise you need to take the driveshaft down. Little stuff like that.
As for the DVD ? once again, no offense however I happened to notice that JDM not just once but 3 different times inaccurately claimed the C&L street intake was at one point 90mm MAF while on the other 2 occassions claimed it was 95mm..In fact Lee Bender from C&L personally submitted a post on one of the other threads confirming that JDM's claims were indeed inaccurate and mistaken and the fact is ? the C&L street intake MAF is 83mm and not 90 nor 95mm in diameter ? Now I'm not posting this to bash anyone as this could have very well been an honest mistake on his part.. But on the other hand ? you would think that someone who's been in the performance industry as long as JDM has been ? should have known better..
Old 1/14/07, 12:30 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
As for the DVD ? once again, no offense however I happened to notice that JDM not just once but 3 different times inaccurately claimed the C&L street intake was at one point 90mm MAF while on the other 2 occassions claimed it was 95mm..In fact Lee Bender from C&L personally submitted a post on one of the other threads confirming that JDM's claims were indeed inaccurate and mistaken and the fact is ? the C&L street intake MAF is 83mm and not 90 nor 95mm in diameter ? Now I'm not posting this to bash anyone as this could have very well been an honest mistake on his part.. But on the other hand ? you would think that someone who's been in the performance industry as long as JDM has been ? should have known better..
You never know if that was JDM or MM&FF. It's hard to remember all the specs on every product out there, but unless you know them, don't say anything. Simply look them up. I wouldn't hold it against JDM's credibility. They're still the shiz-nizzle IMO.

HOWEVER... They couldn't have picked a worse narrorator than that editor.

It's so easy a magazine editor could do it. A caveman magazine editor.

Old 1/14/07, 12:35 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Torrence
I would call Doug at Bamachips to get his opinion. I was also thinking about getting this throttle body soon.
If you are determined to throw away $300 I'll sell you mine and throw in a spacer for free. No need to ask Doug. Just do a search and you will see what he said about TBs
Old 1/14/07, 12:37 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Mongoose
If you are determined to throw away $300 I'll sell you mine and throw in a spacer for free. No need to ask Doug. Just do a search and you will see what he said about TBs
+1 TB for Supercharger/Turbo/Nitrous only.
Old 1/14/07, 01:07 AM

You never know if that was JDM or MM&FF. It's hard to remember all the specs on every product out there, but unless you know them, don't say anything. Simply look them up. I wouldn't hold it against JDM's credibility. They're still the shiz-nizzle IMO.

HOWEVER... They couldn't have picked a worse narrorator than that editor.

It's so easy a magazine editor could do it. A caveman magazine editor.

Again, I have nothing against JDM personally nor over his credibility as a tuner ? However I do have the DVD and heard from his own mouth claim the C&L street intake had a 90mm MAF and then on 2 other occassions mention it was 95mm.. but your right..they couldn't had picked a worse narrorator than that editior lol. and I'm certain that he contributed to most of those inaccurate claims to begin with..
Old 1/14/07, 06:06 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by G.T
Naturally Aspirated 600rwhp has got to be **** impressive!
how'd they pull that one off?

Are you sure it said it was natually aspirated?? At 600 rwhp it has got to be blown. 400 rwhp will be a stretch natually aspirated.
Scott
Old 1/14/07, 07:48 AM

Thanks for the welcome!

thump_rrr, that Fidanza flywheel and Centerforce clutch helped put more of that crank power to the ground? From everyone elses numbers, looks like you pulled out an extra 5-10 at the wheels. Great numbers!
The clutch didn't add any HP but I was just posting what performance mods were on the car.
I'm not sure if there are or aren't any gains with the aluminum flywheel since the engine has a lot less mass to spin.
The 4.10's probably hurt the numbers as well since others claim a loss of HP with 4.10's.

Dyno Vid

Quick Reply: BBK T62mm TB????