GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Bassani X-pipe volume without compcats

Search this Thread

Old 6/6/05, 11:21 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am thinking about getting a Bassani X-pipe to use with stock cats. Does anyone know if this will make the exhaust much louder. I already have Magnapacks on there and I don't want to get a lot louder. I do want the extra torque though. What do all of you think? Thanks for any advice!
Old 6/6/05, 11:32 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by ryan1112@June 6, 2005, 12:24 PM
I am thinking about getting a Bassani X-pipe to use with stock cats. Does anyone know if this will make the exhaust much louder. I already have Magnapacks on there and I don't want to get a lot louder. I do want the extra torque though. What do all of you think? Thanks for any advice!
I installed SLP Loudmouths this weekend and (assuming it arrives on time, etc.) will be installing a Bassani X-pipe next weekend, but keeping the stock cats (most likely and, in any case, at least for now).

If you want to wait, I'll tell you how loud next week.

My guess is - loud. If anyone has experience already, though, I'd love to hear it too.
Old 6/6/05, 11:53 AM
GT Member

my x- pipe came with hi flow cat and the off road pipe. i have the ford shorty headers x-pipe with the hi flow cats and the bassani mufflers it loud but sounds sweet. better than the old 5.0 with flowmaster from the good old days.
Old 6/7/05, 08:42 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Do you still get the gains by using the factory cats? I thought most of the gains came from the comp cats.
Old 6/7/05, 08:46 AM
Mach 1 Member

I have the Bassani comp cats, x-pipe and axle back and it sounds great. It is loud but nothing to crazy unless you really get on it. Overall it sounds great and at crusing speed it just has a low drone.
Old 6/7/05, 08:51 AM
Mach 1 Member

I haven't decided on just axlebacks or the highflow cats, x-pipe, and axle backs when my car comes in. Anybody worried about warranty problems with the highflow cats? Also did anybody modify their tunes for exhaust?
Old 6/7/05, 08:53 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by ILikeBond@June 6, 2005, 11:35 AM
I installed SLP Loudmouths this weekend and (assuming it arrives on time, etc.) will be installing a Bassani X-pipe next weekend, but keeping the stock cats (most likely and, in any case, at least for now).

If you want to wait, I'll tell you how loud next week.

My guess is - loud. If anyone has experience already, though, I'd love to hear it too.
Well the SLP loudmouths are crazy loud as it is. I don't even want to think how loud it's going to be with a x-pipe. I hope your Stang isn't a daily driver because that would drive me nuts.
Old 6/7/05, 09:03 AM
Mach 1 Member

I haven't decided on just axlebacks or the highflow cats, x-pipe, and axle backs when my car comes in. Anybody worried about warranty problems with the highflow cats? Also did anybody modify their tunes for exhaust?
I wasn't going to put the cats on but when Bassani overshipped me and I got them for free I just couldn't resist haha. I will need to swap them back out in 2 years for my emissions inspection but I don't think it will do anything to the warrenty. When I first bought the car the dealer told me exhaust mods should be fine but when you start changing the chip that is where you run into warrenty problems. I have had the car in for other work since doing the exhaust and they didn't say anything. Granted they were just switching out the Shaker 500 but you get my drift.

Well the SLP loudmouths are crazy loud as it is. I don't even want to think how loud it's going to be with a x-pipe. I hope your Stang isn't a daily driver because that would drive me nuts.
I don't know about the loudmouths but I have the Bassani x-pipe with their axle back and it is my daily driver. It really doesn't bother me at all. It's only when you get around 3500 RPM that it starts getting really loud and isn't that the idea .