GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Bassani exhaust installed.

Search this Thread

Old 5/13/05, 04:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Last weekend I put my Bassani's on. I bought them from Ninosport, and they arrived two days later! Luckily I am close to their supplier/distribution center.

All I have to say is: WOW! They look sooooooo much better than the stock, and the sound is unreal. As soon as I started it, I knew I was going to love them. They have a great rumble even at idle, and when accelerating hard, the car sounds unnaturally MEAN. As an added bonus, each muffler is almost 2lbs lighter than stock.

A guy at work told me about 10 times how good it sounds. Then, when he was telling somebody else about it, he mentioned about 6 times how "bad hiney" it sounds. Just today, when I went to get the car out of it's "temporary corral," one of the guys came out of the next door business to look at it, and I mentioned to another guy (who has seen it several times) that I had a new exhaust on it. He said, "I know!" Both agreed it sounded great. Haha, the one guy got a call on his cell, and started telling the person on the phone about the car!

My only complaint is the drone. It comes in at different rpms depending on how hard I am accelerating. The real killer is cruising at 60 mph, then trying to accelerate in 5th gear. Half throttle almost makes my ears bleed! Oh well, good reason to downshift. I even enjoy slowing down now . . . the Bassani's have a nice rumble and poping sound. Not sure how to describe it. I even find myself jumping on it when I'm passing a car or building just so I can hear the sound reflect back. Ooooooooo, tunnel . . .

The videos obviously don't do them justice, but you get the idea. You can also really hear the burble of the stock exhaust I don't like. I sounds like a giant putt putt motor. :notnice: Oh, and when I was down behind the car filming, I could FEEL the bass from the exhaust!

Stock exhaust

Bassani exhaust

[attachmentid=21044] [attachmentid=21045] [attachmentid=21047] [attachmentid=21048]
Old 5/13/05, 04:26 PM
Bullitt Member

Sounds great man !!!!
Old 5/13/05, 06:36 PM
Cobra R Member

I've heard that sound somewhere before?
Old 5/13/05, 09:02 PM
GT Member

Sounds great! I have a bassani x-pipe and mufflers ordered for my silver GT as well. I'm sure I'll see you driving around sometime, as I've grown up in Maumee and now I live just outside it in Toledo.

Just out of curiosity, do you ever take your car up to Parkway Plaza on Friday nights?

Justin
Old 5/13/05, 09:45 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Zip34@May 13, 2005, 10:05 PM
Sounds great! I have a bassani x-pipe and mufflers ordered for my silver GT as well. I'm sure I'll see you driving around sometime, as I've grown up in Maumee and now I live just outside it in Toledo.

Just out of curiosity, do you ever take your car up to Parkway Plaza on Friday nights?

Justin
I have not yet. I've barely been driving it. Maybe next year when I have everything done I'll make it . . . or maybe just later this year. Time is an issue right now.

Edit: Oh, you have a silver GT . . . I think I may have seen you. I can't remember when or where, but it was the first silver GT I have seen. First silver '05 as a matter of fact. Ahhh, I remember now! It was at Reynolds and Heatherdowns, Sat., April 30th. How's that for a memory! I was driving my Taurus though. :notnice: