GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

BAMACHIPS = WOW!

Search this Thread

Old 4/28/06, 12:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(don_w @ April 28, 2006, 12:17 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Actually, I did try it last year a couple times, and frankly I didn't notice any changes. Once I got Doug's tunes in the car, that pretty much took care of any lag I had.
[/b][/quote]

Yeah, I really don't have any lag either but I will try it out to see if it changes anything.
Old 4/28/06, 12:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

its a mental thing I think. i do it just because i want to be sure if it does make it any better I did it. I just did it like he said, put it to the floor in a smooth, swift motion. like kick starting a motorcycle.
Old 4/28/06, 12:44 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(emperorjordan @ April 28, 2006, 12:30 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
its a mental thing I think. i do it just because i want to be sure if it does make it any better I did it. I just did it like he said, put it to the floor in a smooth, swift motion. like kick starting a motorcycle.
[/b][/quote]

Ok sounds good. After hearing about it I'll have to try it out when I leave work just for fun. Like you said, if it does work I want to make sure I did it. Thanks!
Old 4/28/06, 03:32 PM
GT Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kybosh27 @ April 28, 2006, 1:47 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Ok sounds good. After hearing about it I'll have to try it out when I leave work just for fun. Like you said, if it does work I want to make sure I did it. Thanks!
[/b][/quote]

worked for me. I think its a car to car basis.

Heres another topic on it at mustangforums.com
Old 4/28/06, 05:31 PM
Cobra Member

I tried it many times too, no affect.

Even the guys at STC say it's a "placebo effect" it just doesn't work.

But if it makes you happy, it's not hurting anyone so by all means do it and enjoy!
Old 4/28/06, 10:19 PM
Cobra Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Cooolcobra @ April 27, 2006, 7:18 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I've had my JLT 1 and a tune from someone else for about 8 months. I finally decided to try Doug's Bamachips tune and wow what a differance !!!! I didn't think I would notice much of a differance but was I wrong !! Doug Is The Man !! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/worship.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

Cooool & rony - you guys should spend the $75.00 and upgrade to the JLT II. I had the original JLT I and then went with the temporary fix (metal insert in end of tube) then finally with the JLT II. The JLT II runs MUCH better than the JLT tube with the metal insert (as it decreased the diameter and reduced air flow)....I could tell my car just didn't seem to have the same "pep" as with the original JLT....once I installed the JLT II "ALL WAS RIGHT WITH THE WORLD AGAIN" and my GT feels just as strong as the day I first installed the JLT I. My next move is going to trade up with my X-Cal I to the X-Cal II with Doug's tune!!
Old 4/28/06, 10:34 PM
Team Mustang Source

Okay i guess I have a problem/question. I too have the JLT II and Doug's tunes. I installed the 87 tune and car ran much smoother. So I ran out of gas and installed the 93 torque tune. I'd say it ran even smoother and pulled a little harder, but none of this "seat of the pants so amazing stuff."

Are you suppose to return the car back to stock tune then put the 93 torque tune on? Or installing the 93 torque over the 87 perf tune is fine? I didnt get any error message on the tuner so I thought it worked fine, but my message center did say engine temp warning for no reason. Is it possible the 93 torque tune didnt take? I guess I'm just at at a total loss because mine is not like everything im reading.

I was taking it to get dynoed and check my tunes today, but there was a problem with their sensors so I have to go back on Thursday. Any help or info is appreciated.
Old 4/28/06, 11:13 PM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(uofh2005 @ April 28, 2006, 11:37 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Okay i guess I have a problem/question. I too have the JLT II and Doug's tunes. I installed the 87 tune and car ran much smoother. So I ran out of gas and installed the 93 torque tune. I'd say it ran even smoother and pulled a little harder, but none of this "seat of the pants so amazing stuff."

Are you suppose to return the car back to stock tune then put the 93 torque tune on? Or installing the 93 torque over the 87 perf tune is fine? I didnt get any error message on the tuner so I thought it worked fine, but my message center did say engine temp warning for no reason. Is it possible the 93 torque tune didnt take? I guess I'm just at at a total loss because mine is not like everything im reading.

I was taking it to get dynoed and check my tunes today, but there was a problem with their sensors so I have to go back on Thursday. Any help or info is appreciated.
[/b][/quote]

yea mine says the same warning...anybody know whats the prob? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img]
Old 4/29/06, 06:01 AM
Team Mustang Source

Some of you guys are going to say I'm crazy, but I read this tip on another forum, and it worked for me:

With the headlights on, disconnect the battery's negative terminal. Wait awhile, 15 - 30 minutes maybe and reconnect. Turn off the lights. Start 'er up. Drive hard. Notice a difference? I did. This method seems to completely reset the computer's settings and starts you off with a clean slate for fuel and throttle trims. It might be a little shaky at first, but will smooth out and get better after a few hundred miles. I found no need to reload the tune.

I tried the other throttle trick mentioned in this thread and got nothing. Tried just disconnecting the battery - nothing. Then the headlights method and wham - whiplash time [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]. The 87 felt as snappy as the 91 did prior. Something in the car just completely woke up. Now I was really getting the "seat of the pants" I was after. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/eclipsee_steering.gif[/img] And, to boot, I got about 10% better MPG than before, coupled with more power. Go figure.
Old 4/29/06, 07:09 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(HOTLAP @ April 29, 2006, 12:22 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Cooool & rony - you guys should spend the $75.00 and upgrade to the JLT II. I had the original JLT I and then went with the temporary fix (metal insert in end of tube) then finally with the JLT II. The JLT II runs MUCH better than the JLT tube with the metal insert (as it decreased the diameter and reduced air flow)....I could tell my car just didn't seem to have the same "pep" as with the original JLT....once I installed the JLT II "ALL WAS RIGHT WITH THE WORLD AGAIN" and my GT feels just as strong as the day I first installed the JLT I. My next move is going to trade up with my X-Cal I to the X-Cal II with Doug's tune!!
[/b][/quote]

I asked Jlt if I would notice a differance and he said I wouldn't . Interesting ! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/headscratch.gif[/img]