GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

BamaChips is now a Diablo tuner too...

Search this Thread

Old 11/21/06 | 04:58 PM
Legacy TMS Member

BamaChips is now a Diablo tuner too...

That's right guys, I took the plunge! I mainly did it to help you guys out that say you have the tuner but not custom tuning support. Also for those who have the Vortech's or Procharger's and just need some small adjustments rather then entirely new tunes. Diablo has been in my area for years now and I miss out on alot of local business because I dont support them.

I'm a Custom Tuning dealer, not a Diablo Canned Tune retailer.

I'm still getting it all setup on my site but I've paid the money and I've got my software so I'm ready to start. I'll have it all on my site soon.

Thanks, Doug.

Dont worry, I'm still carring and supporting SCT too.
Old 11/21/06 | 05:06 PM
Bullitt Member

Does this mean you'll be creating custom Diablo tunes just like your tunes for the Xcal2? If so, I'm definately interested.
Old 11/21/06 | 05:26 PM
GT Member

Glad you fessed up Doug! I was talking to Cole S. a few weeks ago and he told me all about it!!!

I also have the Diablo Predator. I will be getting their SU package and run in on the wifes car.

Congratulations!
Old 11/21/06 | 05:47 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by STANG_IT
Does this mean you'll be creating custom Diablo tunes just like your tunes for the Xcal2? If so, I'm definately interested.
Yup! This is the main reason I'm getting into it. I get about 10 emails a week asking about Diablo tunes and even more now that I've started hinting around about it.

I'm learning the software a bit but everything looks similiar to the SCT stuff. The reason it took me so long to get on board, besides being so busy with everything else, was I had to find the right person to talk with to ensure they had the parameters that I could use to make the throttle responce better and the automatic transmission act right. PK in sales got me what I needed and now I'm on board. With this information I should be able to make tunes of the same quality as my SCT tunes.

Thanks, Doug.
Old 11/21/06 | 07:40 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Great news! I've read a lot of good stuff from your SCT tunes and look forward to hearing what you will offer for the Predator. Top of your list should be a tune for CMCV plates!
Old 11/21/06 | 08:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

This is such awesome news. With the pending intake manifold, SCT LiveWire and a possible supercharger or cams in my future (next 2 years) I'm having a hard time swallowing committment to an intake and SCT tuner since I already own the Diablo.

Do you have any thoughts on when you will be ready to go? I'd be happy to buy some tunes and provide my experiences to help work out any kinks. I'm so sick of my absolutely worthless 87 Octane canned Diablo tune. I need me some Bamachips magic!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11/21/06 | 08:47 PM
Cobra Member

Doug, I sent you a PM and an email about 2 weeks ago, still no response...
Old 11/22/06 | 07:22 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Badandy
Doug, I sent you a PM and an email about 2 weeks ago, still no response...

I've been through my emails multiple times in two weeks, my spam filter may have got you. What is your email address?

Please dont PM me here, this is the worst way to contact me. Sometimes I'm on here 2-3 times a day and then sometimes I''m not on here for two weeks.

Thanks, Doug.
Old 11/22/06 | 09:00 AM
Bullitt Member

Ok...so do you mean that you won't do an email tune for the JLTII intake, someone would have to go to you and get dyno tuned or will you make your amazing tunes for the intakes on the predator and we can order them? I've been thinking of switching to the SCTII tuner so I could get your tunes but if I don't have to and can keep my predator that would be perfect!!!

Old 11/22/06 | 09:09 AM
Mach 1 Member

You gotta be kidding me, I sold my Predator to eventually buy an X-Cal2 from you to be able to get your tuning, and now you can do Predators!

So now that you sell SCT and Diablosport, which one do you recommend?
Old 11/22/06 | 09:14 AM

It's all downhill from here Doug! You're going to like the Diablo software. Scott and Kevin are really great people to deal with too!
Old 11/22/06 | 10:00 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Stang281

So now that you sell SCT and Diablosport, which one do you recommend?

I'm still a strong SCT dealer so I'll be biased for a bit but after reviewing the software I can say that the Diablo stuff is a bit harder because they dont supply you with alot of prewritten value files, or that I know of yet, but since I already know what to do then I'll be ok. Still, from the software though If you have a good tuner then they would be about equally matched.

As for the JLt tunes yes, I have files for them. Please give me a few days to get familiar with the software and then I'll post it on my website and start selling Diablo tunes from there.

I'm going to the dyno today for a few hours so I'll be away from my PC.

thanks, Doug.
Old 11/22/06 | 10:04 AM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Of course, 2 months after I sold my Predator. That's alright I guess, because I was going to buy SCT from you eventually anyway.
Old 11/22/06 | 03:33 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Doug904

I'm still a strong SCT dealer so I'll be biased for a bit but after reviewing the software I can say that the Diablo stuff is a bit harder because they dont supply you with alot of prewritten value files, or that I know of yet, but since I already know what to do then I'll be ok. Still, from the software though If you have a good tuner then they would be about equally matched.

As for the JLt tunes yes, I have files for them. Please give me a few days to get familiar with the software and then I'll post it on my website and start selling Diablo tunes from there.

I'm going to the dyno today for a few hours so I'll be away from my PC.

thanks, Doug.
Can they both adjust the same parameters? Is it going to come down to personal preference?

In terms of limits (of controlling the engine correlating to power increases), which will take you further?
Old 11/22/06 | 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by Stang281
Can they both adjust the same parameters? Is it going to come down to personal preference?

In terms of limits (of controlling the engine correlating to power increases), which will take you further?
There is fuel tables, spark tables, etc. that is in the PCM that can be adjusted. I believe either software is capable of manipulating those variable. It, honestly, boils down to the tuner's capabilities and the support of the software company. Doug has established some a great customer base tuning with SCT. I look forward to seeing what he does with the Diablo software once he has a grip on the software. Tuner's typically lean towards one brand or the other based on their comfort level as Doug mentioned him leaning towards SCT for the time being. Bottom line, either software can get you to the same end result.
Old 11/22/06 | 05:16 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Doug904
That's right guys, I took the plunge! I mainly did it to help you guys out that say you have the tuner but not custom tuning support. Also for those who have the Vortech's or Procharger's and just need some small adjustments rather then entirely new tunes. Diablo has been in my area for years now and I miss out on alot of local business because I dont support them.

I'm a Custom Tuning dealer, not a Diablo Canned Tune retailer.

I'm still getting it all setup on my site but I've paid the money and I've got my software so I'm ready to start. I'll have it all on my site soon.

Thanks, Doug.

Dont worry, I'm still carring and supporting SCT too.
Thats cool........I've still got my U-7140

Way to go Doug. Keep us informed.

More specifically the new intake.

If I can do any testing for ya.............feel free to send it.
Old 11/22/06 | 08:47 PM

ALLLLRight, Giggity Giggity.
Now I am really glad I didnt sell my Pred.

Keep us posted Doug.
Old 11/22/06 | 08:58 PM
GT Member

I've got a predator for sale, if anyone is interested. I switched to the sct 2 so the predator is sitting in my closet.
Old 11/22/06 | 10:34 PM
V6 Member

You're the man Doug !!
Old 11/23/06 | 05:50 AM

Doug nice job, way to think outside the box. That was your business head thinking....sounds like a good market move on your part...

Quick Reply: BamaChips is now a Diablo tuner too...