GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Bamachips Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 1/18/08, 10:41 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by howarmat
I prefer my Bama race tune because it has some more personality to it IMO.
MAJOR +1. I've had tunes from other vendors (NOT Brenspeed) that absolutely sucked, but Doug just knocked it out of the park. The race tune, particularly with an automatic is unbelievable. Doug does some magic with the trans programming, particularly in the shift scheduling and lockup scheduling that will have you reaching for the clutch pedal. It has that same "connected" feeling you get with a stick.

The shifts are extremely firm, but without the "slap" feel you get with a full manual valve body on an old FMX trans.

Oh, and Doug's tune and a Spydershaft allowed me to pick up SIX tenths over the previous tuner's best...
Old 1/19/08, 01:29 AM
GT Member

ok guys, update, last night i was on the phone with doug at bama for almost an hour. i was really impressed with a man who was willing to stay on the phone with me for that long for a $50 tune. apparently he had sent the tune 2 days after i had ordered it but the spam filters in yahoo blocked it so i didnt know that he had sent it previously. i set up another email account and it went through. it was also my first time downloading a tune file and he stayed on the phone and made sure that i got it downloaded on my tuner. i will use bama again...i will just make sure that i use my gmail account instead of my yahoo account for his tunes!!!
Old 1/19/08, 02:32 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by MUSTANGLOVER73
ok guys, update, last night i was on the phone with doug at bama for almost an hour. i was really impressed with a man who was willing to stay on the phone with me for that long for a $50 tune. apparently he had sent the tune 2 days after i had ordered it but the spam filters in yahoo blocked it so i didnt know that he had sent it previously. i set up another email account and it went through. it was also my first time downloading a tune file and he stayed on the phone and made sure that i got it downloaded on my tuner. i will use bama again...i will just make sure that i use my gmail account instead of my yahoo account for his tunes!!!
AWESOME! Thanks for givin us teh update! Let us know how you like it.
Old 1/19/08, 02:59 AM
Bullitt Member

Please explain what happened with the Yahoo spam filter, and how you corrected it. I just ordered a new tune from Bama 3 days ago and gave my yahoo address. I don't want to go through that problem too. Thanks.
Old 1/19/08, 03:43 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well thats good news. So how do you like it since you installed the tune? What time did you end up calling Doug?

You should be able to go to your junk mail folder and pull those emails and add him as a safe sender.
Old 1/19/08, 03:44 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mike,

Just add Doug's email address to your contact list and it should come through just fine. other than that, just periodically check your junk folder.
Old 1/19/08, 03:46 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by colbymh
You should be able to go to your junk mail folder and pull those emails and add him as a safe sender.
I thought that much. But he stated that he had to set up another account which got me worried that its not as easy as pulling the email from the spam folder.
Old 1/19/08, 03:47 AM
Bullitt Member

Mike,

Just add Doug's email address to your contact list and it should come through just fine. other than that, just periodically check your junk folder.
I just added him
Old 1/19/08, 06:57 AM
Bullitt Member

I knew something didn't sound right and that Doug would take care of you, he is a class act!
Old 1/19/08, 07:15 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by zaghloul
Please explain what happened with the Yahoo spam filter, and how you corrected it. I just ordered a new tune from Bama 3 days ago and gave my yahoo address. I don't want to go through that problem too. Thanks.
apparently the spam filters on the yahoo email accounts give him a hard time with attachments and this had been a problem before. that is why i got a second email from him stating that everything was "delivered". he sends two emails and says if you have any questions to email him. i guess my email back to him got lost inthe shuffle somewhere but i re-emailed him yesterday and he replied right back. The easiest way to stop the spam filters is to sign up for a free gmail account (www.gmail.com) . his email is a gmail account and the reason for this is because it doesnt block his files. (it takes like 5 minutes to do this).
Old 1/19/08, 07:17 AM
GT Member

Mike,

this may work too. he did tell me to check my junkfolder but i had already deleted it. he tried to resend it but it never went through. i didnt add him to my contact list so that may help.
Old 1/19/08, 07:19 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 8905GT
I knew something didn't sound right and that Doug would take care of you, he is a class act!
after talking to doug on the phone i am thoroughly impressed with him. now i cant wait to go outside and try the new tune today!!!
Old 1/19/08, 09:47 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by OKLACOP
One thing I'd like to add in Doug's defense......... He is currently training a new employee. I talked to him last week and they were in the middle of Doug showing him the in's and out's of the SCT software. Once this new guy gets on his feet you all will probably start getting faster responses from Doug.
The "NEW" employee is ALEX, who happens to be my son! Doug says he is catching on real well, I think between him and Doug Bama Chips service will be second to none!!

after talking to doug on the phone i am thoroughly impressed with him. now i cant wait to go outside and try the new tune today!!!
I'm glad Doug finally got you taken care of!!
Old 1/19/08, 10:39 AM
Bullitt Member

One warning your MPG is going to suffer and not because of the tune.
For some odd reason Dougs tune comes with a free heavy right foot.
Old 1/19/08, 01:56 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Glad that all got cleared up and you are happy with the service. I can't wait til he gets here on Wednesday to re-tune my car.