GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Bama+Predator=WOW!!

Search this Thread

Old 12/14/06, 11:04 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bama+Predator=WOW!!

Hi all

I finally got a chance to purchase my tune from Doug for the Predator. After reading all the posts describing the differences between the Perf, Torq and Race I settled on the 91Torq tune because I do 95% of my driving around town. All I can say is WOW, now I know what all the X-Cal guys have been raving about. I have been running the 91 canned tune from Diablo prior to this and Dougs tune is way better in all respects. The low end Torq is a great improvement as well as the throttle response, but my favorite part is the way the auto shifts now. I have not experienced any of the tire chirping shifts that others have claimed (though that could be attributed partly to the 20" tires), but that in no way bothers me at all. The shifts are firm but not to firm, but most importantly they are quick. There is no waiting for the shift to come on, when it hits the shift point it just goes. I guess my only wish is that there was a way to have the OD come on later during around town driving. I know I can simply turn it off, but it would be nice not to have to. The car is loads more fun to drive now and Dougs turn around time on my order was very quick, actually quicker than I expected. I do plan on purchasing the Race tune as soon as the weather gets better and I will be running that tune during the dry months. Sorry for the long winded post, but I haven't seen anyone post on the Predator tunes yet so I figured I would put in my 2cents.
Old 12/14/06, 01:59 PM
Bullitt Member

I just made a purchase from Doug yesterday for the Predator 93 Race tune. I'm not too excited to get it though since it's cold and rainy here in Vancouver, and I have my stock rims and tires on as well as my stock air box. As soon as spring arrives I'll re-install my CAI and load the tune and see/feel the difference Doug's tune makes. I'll also purchase his 93 Torque tune as well sometime in the new year. For now, I'll keep my eyes peeled on threads like this one to hear of others salivating over Doug's new Pred tunes to make me envious till spring.
Old 12/14/06, 02:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

Normally I would have never thought a "tune" would wake up a car like that. I had to experience if for myself.

What went through my mind as well was "WOW".....
Old 12/14/06, 02:14 PM
Bullitt Member

Seriously, this is the first car I have modded and WOW pretty much sums it up
Old 12/14/06, 03:36 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes...A tune is a MUST
Old 1/20/07, 07:43 PM
Bullitt Member

This is awesome, I'm glad Bamachips is offerign predator tunes now. I was contemplating trading my Predator in fro an SCT because everyone raves about Doug's tunes and I can't get the car Dyno tuned locally with a predator. Now, I'm not sure if I should get the SCT or not.

I just checked Doug's site and he has a three tune pack for $185. He recommends an 87 performance, 91-93 performance, and 91-93 torque.
Old 1/21/07, 08:09 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by SpeedRacer
Hi all

I finally got a chance to purchase my tune from Doug for the Predator. After reading all the posts describing the differences between the Perf, Torq and Race I settled on the 91Torq tune because I do 95% of my driving around town. All I can say is WOW, now I know what all the X-Cal guys have been raving about. I have been running the 91 canned tune from Diablo prior to this and Dougs tune is way better in all respects. The low end Torq is a great improvement as well as the throttle response, but my favorite part is the way the auto shifts now. I have not experienced any of the tire chirping shifts that others have claimed (though that could be attributed partly to the 20" tires), but that in no way bothers me at all. The shifts are firm but not to firm, but most importantly they are quick. There is no waiting for the shift to come on, when it hits the shift point it just goes. I guess my only wish is that there was a way to have the OD come on later during around town driving. I know I can simply turn it off, but it would be nice not to have to. The car is loads more fun to drive now and Dougs turn around time on my order was very quick, actually quicker than I expected. I do plan on purchasing the Race tune as soon as the weather gets better and I will be running that tune during the dry months. Sorry for the long winded post, but I haven't seen anyone post on the Predator tunes yet so I figured I would put in my 2cents.

Doug has the capabilities to tune your auto tranny to shift just about any way you want it to. Doug has also done a lot of work with the converters in these cars.

My auto is tuned to shift to more emulate a stick shift in all gears. It doesnt go into 5th until the rpm's are at 3k and the mph are at 60. In other words (normal driving) if I did have a stick I would go through each gear to about 3K and then shift. The shift points can all be adjusted to your liking. Just let him know.

Have fun man
Old 1/21/07, 07:24 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by SpeedRacer
Hi all

That's right, I can make it shift into OD at 60+ but when I incorporated that into everytune I got alot more who didn't care for it then did so I changed it back. I can also work on that tire chirping for you, my car will do it and I got 285/30R20's on it

Just let me know as since you've purchased my tunes updates and improvements to them are free.

Thanks Doug.
Old 1/25/07, 08:15 PM
GT Member

Is there any real difference between the Predator and the XCal? I'm going to buy it from Bama either way and they cost the same. So is one in any way better than the other? It looks like the display on the Predator is better, but that seems to be about it. Am I missing something?
Old 1/25/07, 08:46 PM
GT Member

Ah nevermind, just bought the SCT. I did a search and found the it really didn't matter much, but some some options on the SCT stats that weren't on the Predator. The options might be there, but I didn't see them. Doug you now have 400 bucks of mine, man my wife is gonna be ticked!!