GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Bad Xcal3 - no response from Bama

Search this Thread

Old 10/12/07, 05:13 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bad Xcal3 - no response from Bama

I bought an Xcal3 from Bama Tunes, and went to install one of the tunes last Tuesday night. None of the 3 custom tunes would install, the tuner said it could not find the files. The canned 91 tune installed OK. So I emailed Doug at Bama, and as of tonight (Friday) have still not gotten a response. Anyone else have this problem?
Old 10/12/07, 05:18 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Never heard of that, but Doug is great, just give him sometime to respond.
Old 10/12/07, 05:35 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by JonW
I bought an Xcal3 from Bama Tunes, and went to install one of the tunes last Tuesday night. None of the 3 custom tunes would install, the tuner said it could not find the files. The canned 91 tune installed OK. So I emailed Doug at Bama, and as of tonight (Friday) have still not gotten a response. Anyone else have this problem?

My experience of the last few weeks is that it will take a few days for him to get back to you. This is not an excuse... but I think he really is a "one man band"
Scott
Old 10/12/07, 06:17 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Yes ... there is a problem .... see this ...

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showth...ght=doug+email
Old 10/12/07, 07:47 PM
V6 Member

Had the same experience with brenspeed i didnt mind downgrading to an x 2 and they overnighted me a new one thats the value of good customer service try calling SCT they were really helpful too.X3 are to much trouble half of them work fine half dont.
Old 10/12/07, 09:11 PM
Bullitt Member

Doug has great customer service. He's very busy though. Give him a chance. He WILL correct your issue.
Old 10/13/07, 04:13 AM
V6 Member

it's a shame he was'nt so busy, as i would of ordered an intake & his tune a few months ago and enjoyed driving the car more, but he never got back to take my order!

let us know how it turns out.
Old 10/21/07, 12:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

Well, it's been 2 weeks and I still haven't got to use my custom tunes. Doug did finally email me back and gave me a link to SCT's website. So I have to update my X3 with a patch before it will work? I thought only Microsoft did that. Of course, SCT's website says that I will lose my custom tunes when I do the update. Did Doug send me my tunes with the email? No. So I emailed Doug back and asked him to send my tunes, since I wanted to do the update this weekend. That was last Wed, and still no tunes.

This is REALLY poor customer service.
Old 10/21/07, 02:14 PM
Bullitt Member

Its a SCT problem not a Doug problem IMO...Yes Doug can be slow to respond.....but everyone who is have this SCT always turns for Dougs help first thinking its something wrong with his tunes. So I am sure the guy is quite busy trying to help everyone fix what SCT caused.
Old 10/21/07, 02:50 PM
Bullitt Member

you are right, sct issues are not dougs fault, but its poor customer service to not respond for two weeks, then when you respond, dont bother to attach his custom tunes(because doug is well aware that the update will erase the loaded tunes by now) and then another week has gone by without emailing the tunes.

Not only that but I dont think everyone who has a sct2 is switching so yes his customer load might be a bit higher then normal but I doubt it. The fix has been out for a good long time now so I doubt anyone buying the 3 from doug is continuing to have the problem
Old 10/21/07, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by JonW
Well, it's been 2 weeks and I still haven't got to use my custom tunes. Doug did finally email me back and gave me a link to SCT's website. So I have to update my X3 with a patch before it will work? I thought only Microsoft did that. Of course, SCT's website says that I will lose my custom tunes when I do the update. Did Doug send me my tunes with the email? No. So I emailed Doug back and asked him to send my tunes, since I wanted to do the update this weekend. That was last Wed, and still no tunes.

This is REALLY poor customer service.
What did he tell you to update?

I have a similar problem with my new X3 - only none of the tunes will load (canned or custom). I checked the website and my X3 is up to date already with current FW and tunes.
Old 10/21/07, 04:37 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by cbslade
What did he tell you to update?

I have a similar problem with my new X3 - only none of the tunes will load (canned or custom). I checked the website and my X3 is up to date already with current FW and tunes.

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=71638

that might help you, doug posted it almost 2 months ago
Old 10/21/07, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by MustangRetribution
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=71638

that might help you, doug posted it almost 2 months ago
Yea, I read that earlier. It says it doesnt apply to X3's shipped after 9/27 though. My firmware is the current version but I guess I could reapply it.
Old 10/21/07, 04:45 PM
Cobra Member

I got nervous as hell when I was reading posts from people that just bought the X3. Mine was delivered on 10/19 and I was lucky enough to have everything work perfectly.
Old 10/21/07, 05:11 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by colbymh
I got nervous as hell when I was reading posts from people that just bout the X3. Mine was delivered on 10/19 and I was lucky enough to have everything work perfectly.

I think I will stick with the x2 if I can, the new features on the x3 isnt anything Im going to use
Old 10/21/07, 05:18 PM

I reapplied the Firmware and now at least the canned tunes work. Hopefully after I get the custom files and reapply them everything will be ok.
Old 10/21/07, 08:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

My tuner has returned all of his X3's to SCT. Not worth the hassle.
Old 10/22/07, 04:02 PM
GT Member

I just got the X3 last week and am having the same problems with the customer tunes. I have already loaded downloaded and installed the updated firmware, but still did not fix the issue of cannot opening the files. I have not gotten any response back from Doug through email or phone and was never emailed the tunes.
Old 10/22/07, 05:00 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by rdk0420
I just got the X3 last week and am having the same problems with the customer tunes. I have already loaded downloaded and installed the updated firmware, but still did not fix the issue of cannot opening the files. I have not gotten any response back from Doug through email or phone and was never emailed the tunes.
Since I also just got mine last week, im curious what yours is doing? (ie, cant open the files)

I plugged mine in, selected the custom tunes (showed 3 of them), hit select on the tune I wanted (92race) and then it uploaded the stock and downloaded the race tune. like 4-5 mins.
Old 10/22/07, 07:13 PM
Mach 1 Member

colbymh, you must have one of the newer ones that is fixed. On mine, you can see the custom tune files listed, but the tuner can't find them to upload them.

Quick Reply: Bad Xcal3 - no response from Bama