GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

auto. GT's getting 290-300 rwhp? anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 3/16/07, 10:03 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a question. I took mine to a shop yesterday and I had the Granatelli CAI w\Brenspeed tune and have the Flowmaster exhaust. I loved it. But when I had it dyno'd the A/F was off but they also checked a lot of other things like the Fuel Trims and the were way off. After all was said and done they custome tuned the car on the dyno with 287HP and 275 Torque which to me is about all I would get anyway. Just wondering if any of you have had the fuel trim checked with the A/F? When they ran the WOT test with the graph the A/F was 12.5 thoughout the run and the Fuel Trims were good as well. Just curious.
Old 3/16/07, 10:49 AM
V6 Member

Leo
Are using Dougs Std tunes for an Auto or did he work with you on them?
If it's a std tune I'm assuming it's a 93Performance?

Thanks, Mike C
Old 3/16/07, 11:17 AM
Cobra R Member

He didnt use dougs tunes, he used brenspeed as it states above. I just wanted to make sure he was using stock maf without the granatelli wiring mod for the maf, that was the only thing I could think of, I have the granatelli as well, nice looking unit, but stick with a custom tune and stock maf. Good luck hope it cranks for you now.
Old 3/16/07, 11:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by hags1
That A/F chart on the bottom looks off....are you indeed running that rich up thru 4500 rpms?

hags1
That's not rich... that's really lean.
Old 3/16/07, 12:50 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by ecko51
Leo
Are using Dougs Std tunes for an Auto or did he work with you on them?
If it's a std tune I'm assuming it's a 93Performance?

Thanks, Mike C
I'm just using his mailorder tunes. The day I had it dynoed I was running the 91Torque.
Old 3/16/07, 12:56 PM
Cobra Member

pros/cons of:

mail tunes vs. dyno tunes?

thanks!!
Old 3/16/07, 01:21 PM
Bullitt Member

Well, I had gotten a mail tune and have the SCT XCAL. I took my car to a local tuner and had it dyno'd. The A/F was way off (15 throughout the run), also the tuner had some parameters turned off which should have been turned on, also the fuel trim levels were way off. The local tuner fixed the parameters that were turned off and also fixed the A/F and fuel trims. So, I would suggest that even though everyone says that mail tunes are safe, I would still get it dyno'd just to be sure. I am glad that I did. I will not mention the tuner that I bought the tunes from, but it was one of the well named shops. So, now I have a custome tune and I know my car is running within safe specs. JMO
Old 3/16/07, 01:29 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by don_w
That's not rich... that's really lean.
My bad....your right....I'd want that fixed or corrected A.S.A.P.

hags1
Old 3/16/07, 01:32 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by NJJOE
Well, I had gotten a mail tune and have the SCT XCAL. I took my car to a local tuner and had it dyno'd. The A/F was way off (15 throughout the run), also the tuner had some parameters turned off which should have been turned on, also the fuel trim levels were way off. The local tuner fixed the parameters that were turned off and also fixed the A/F and fuel trims. So, I would suggest that even though everyone says that mail tunes are safe, I would still get it dyno'd just to be sure. I am glad that I did. I will not mention the tuner that I bought the tunes from, but it was one of the well named shops. So, now I have a custome tune and I know my car is running within safe specs. JMO
Ditto....I did the same exact thing....My canned tune was close, but my A/F was slightly off...my local tuner adjusted the tune to match my car and now it's right on.....a double check is always a good thing.

hags1
Old 3/16/07, 01:48 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I got mine from Doug@Bamachips and when I had it dyonoed at JBA they thought it had been done on a dyno.

I'd suspect that those of you that are saying your tune was off didn't get them from Doug or Brent. That or your tuner shop just wanted some extra dough.
Old 3/16/07, 01:49 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by NJJOE

Why not if they screwed up like you say they did why protect the shop.
Old 3/16/07, 02:19 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
I got mine from Doug@Bamachips and when I had it dyonoed at JBA they thought it had been done on a dyno.

I'd suspect that those of you that are saying your tune was off didn't get them from Doug or Brent. That or your tuner shop just wanted some extra dough.

This is EXACTLY why.....people are loyal to thier tuners. Doug does not support the GMS so it was not his. It was a Brenspeed tune. The A/F was 15 through the WOT run and the fuel trims were way off. The dyno tuners made some adjustments to the tune and fixed these issues. Also, there is a parameter to set the computer up to learn your driving habits and adjusts the PCM, this was shut off as well. I seen the numbers and was there while they ran the dyno. I understand that not all the cars are the same, but I was told that they had a tune for the GMS and for the 07. That is what I got. Yes, while I ran the Brenspeed tune it ran great and the tune seemed really good, but until you get it on a dyno to verify it how can you really tell???
Old 3/16/07, 02:21 PM
Bullitt Member

agree with don... skipping 300s and go straight to 400s!
Old 3/16/07, 07:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

I'm at 296 RWHP and 325 RWTQ.
Started at 259 for both.
See sig for mods.