GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Anyone with Steeda Comp Springs

Search this Thread

Old 4/2/08, 09:45 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Anyone with Steeda Comp Springs

Anyone else install Steeda Comp Springs? I just finished the install tonight...including
Steeda Comp springs front and rear, Tokico adjustable D-specs front and rear and Steeda HD Street upper strut mounts. I lowered the car off the stands then backed her out of the garage and then pulled her back in again to settle the front end. Right now, my front end is 1/4 higher than with my stock set-up. Both the left and right side are identically 1/4 inch higher than stock.

Is this normal before the road test or before the alignment is confirmed and set with the adjustable Steeda HD Street upper strut mounts? I tried to just center the mounts as best I could without alignment experteice or equipment.

The rear end did come down the expected approximate 1.5 inches or so.
Old 4/2/08, 09:54 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That's really odd. Maybe try a drive around the block to see if it settles better. May need to give Steeda a call to see if thats normal. Steeda has always given me good support.
Old 4/2/08, 10:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

I don't have the mounts, but I did the Comp Springs and measured before and after and didn't notice any change until about 36 hours later. They settle in and the drop isn't too drastic. I had like 3/4" drop in front and 1" in the rear. After about 12K of hard turns and driving, they're sagged down maybe another 1/4" tops, but they really don't lower the car much for which I'm glad as I have the CDC aggressive chin.

Steeda Gus will answer you as he is great with customer service!

Old 4/3/08, 05:40 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by shaun_beauchamp
I don't have the mounts, but I did the Comp Springs and measured before and after and didn't notice any change until about 36 hours later. They settle in and the drop isn't too drastic. I had like 3/4" drop in front and 1" in the rear. After about 12K of hard turns and driving, they're sagged down maybe another 1/4" tops, but they really don't lower the car much for which I'm glad as I have the CDC aggressive chin.

Steeda Gus will answer you as he is great with customer service!

Thanks! That is what I was hoping. But I'll call Steeda to confirm as well. Kind of stuck because I know it would be better to drive it around a bit to settle the springs in before getting an alignment but with the adjustable upper mounts, I have no idea where my alignment is right now. Maybe Steeda can give me a ball park setting for the mounts until I can get it in for an alignment (the local shop is only a few miles down the road so I'm not to worried about it).
Old 4/3/08, 07:41 AM
Bullitt Member

The Steeda mounts are only good for about a degree of adjustment, so you're camber won't be THAT far out to begin with, no matter where you set them. I wouldn't worry about the camber too much for a short while before getting the car aligned. If you have a couple sets of jackstands, you can do your own toe quite accurately, and camber gauges aren't all that expensive, either...
Old 4/4/08, 07:45 AM
Bullitt Member

My Steeda Comp springs up front are starting to settle, even while just sitting in the garage. They've come down about a 1/4 inch so far in 24 hours. It was raining after work yesterday (and later changed to freakin' snow!!#$%%!!!) so I didn't get the car out for a test drive yet to really cycle the springs. At least while parked, these things are stiff.

So instead, I started installing rear adjustable LCAs. I'll torque them down this evening and then try to get out for a test drive.
Old 4/4/08, 04:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

Good. Glad things are settling with the car and your mind. As for your adjustable LCAs, make sure to use some Blue Loctite. Those things will really pi$s you off if you let them. Make sure to put plenty of blue on there and give them a minute or two. I didn't have any patience the first time, but somehow I had time the second go around to do it right.
Old 4/4/08, 07:47 PM
Bullitt Member

Springs need a bit of time to take their initial "set". Shocks need time to bleed. The car will feel much different after a couple days.