GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Anyone seen this intake?

Search this Thread

Old 9/22/05, 07:23 PM
3rd Times A Charm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DeMolet CAI for 2005 Mustang GT It's only $224.95!

It's got Carbon Fiber, and doesn't look bad at all...

What do you guys think?

Old 9/22/05, 08:24 PM
Cobra Member

De-molet?..I haven't seen one of of those since the 80's//Quite a hair style =)..Anyway, looks just like a fancier version of the JLT to me
Old 9/22/05, 08:27 PM
Bullitt Member

I like it, lighter is better. I'm still on the fence about an intake. Can't wait to see the dyno numbers when they get the tune down.

Greg

Demolet web site with better pictures
Old 9/22/05, 08:51 PM
9 is not my lucky number.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
da mullet

I guess they're not just making intakes for IROC-Zs anymore
Old 9/23/05, 12:53 PM
Cobra Member

Those were known as DenseChargers on the SN95's. VERY nice product, and pretty good price.
Old 9/23/05, 01:26 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Aside from the carbon fiber, how is this thing different than the JLT? Doesn't look like it to me
Old 9/24/05, 10:13 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally posted by GregS2005GT@September 22, 2005, 8:30 PM
I like it, lighter is better. I'm still on the fence about an intake. Can't wait to see the dyno numbers when they get the tune down.

Greg

Demolet web site with better pictures
If I were you and did not already have the JLT I would get off the fence faster than a speeding bullet and purchase this pipe. Good by Steeta, C&L, K&N and the rest. All this thing needs is a prefilter. There is a new kid on the block for sure.
Old 9/25/05, 06:39 AM
Bullitt Member

i like the looks and the price---as well, i will be going SCT Tune next Spring, live in detroit and will give the aftermarkets the winter to add more product as well as bring the price down---yes, dyno numbers would be good---
Old 9/25/05, 02:49 PM
Cobra Member

I guess none of you had SN95's with Densechargers? Yes, they work, and they work very well. I got the e-mail that these were available the day before this thread (I had asked to be informed, so they did). I will order mine soon. Checking the funds....
Old 9/25/05, 09:52 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Infinity@September 25, 2005, 2:52 PM
I guess none of you had SN95's with Densechargers? Yes, they work, and they work very well. I got the e-mail that these were available the day before this thread (I had asked to be informed, so they did). I will order mine soon. Checking the funds....

now that is what i like to here-----anyone have any idea when an SCT Tune will be available? thx
Old 9/26/05, 03:45 PM
Bullitt Member

bmp
Old 9/26/05, 11:42 PM
3rd Times A Charm

I just saw an '03 Cobra with a DenseCharger.

Is this the same company?
Old 9/27/05, 06:28 AM
Bullitt Member

That actually looks pretty nice and neat, and I'm not big on CF. Hmmm...
Old 9/27/05, 02:58 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by S197 GT@September 27, 2005, 1:45 AM
I just saw an '03 Cobra with a DenseCharger.

Is this the same company?

Yes.
Old 10/1/05, 08:27 AM
Mach 1 Member

The original name of this company was Densecharger.
They got quite the bad rap over the last few years with the GT and Cobra crowd for major tuning, breakage and cracking issue that were not resolved.
So he changed the name to Demolet and then "Tunable Inductions".
Seems fishy to me.

As many of you noticed it is nearly a exact copy of a JLT. Funny as the owner of this company has been keeping a eye on JLT lately. Seems as though sales are down over the last 2 years JLT has been in buisness. (word form the horses mouth)

He also just started to color match his other intakes in the same fasion as I do.

Also, it's not real carbon fiber. It's a sticker he has put on to make it look better then it really does.

Word is he is having major problems tuning this GT kit. He's trying to use a 95mm MAF which is not needed on any naturally asperated car.

I have spent many hours/days trying different size MAF areas and the larger you go the more tuning problems you will have. The air is moving past the sensor too slow to get accurate reading everytime. This is his big delay is releasing it.

Am I worried about Mr. Demolet? No.
The only reason I speak about this is Mr. Demolet has come on other public forums (SVTPerformance.com, Modularfords.com and others) being very unprofessional toward JLT and trying to "call me out" in open forum. Only to be shut down and pushed out of the forums by his own unhappy customers.

This is not sour grapes, but a warning. He even thinks the 05 GT uses a "chip"
Take it for what it's worth.
Old 10/1/05, 08:38 AM
Cobra Member

That's very disappointing as I was quite happy with my Densecharger on my '02. Now, after searching around, Tucker ain't lying- there's serious issues.
Old 10/1/05, 09:34 AM
Cobra Member

Interesting... Per Jay, DeMolet has had problems with his CAI and we know that JLT has had problems too.

Per Jay, DeMolet sells a CAI with a carbon fiber sticker on the TB tube.
Originally posted by Tucker+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tucker)</div><div class='quotemain'>Also, it's not real carbon fiber. It's a sticker he has put on to make it look better then it really does.[/b]

Per the DeMolet web site, their TB tube is "carbon fiber composite".
<!--QuoteBegin-DeMolet web site

The real carbon fiber composite tube provides an extra 'heat barrier' & 'additional insulation' with the excessively high under hood temperatures present on the 05' GT and the proximity of the radiator hose. 'Automotive styles come and go but we went with the carbon fiber as it's stronger than steel, a lasting automotive style, and you can't beat the 'strength reinforcing and insulating characteristics. A full carbon fiber tube would not provide the thickness (1/4" cellular core ABS + carbon fiber, double layered at the bottom of the tube where the highest heat source is present, and the smoothness of the hand polished inner ABS tube [/quote]

When I do a search for "DenseCharger" or "DeMolet" on TMS I find no major complaints though not a lot of content. On Modular Fords I found a rather emotional argument about a shootout between JLT and DeMolet.

In the bigger picture I think it appropriate to say that there isn't one CAI that doesn't have an issue, challenge, or detractor on the market. Not ONE! And that makes them even in my book... At that point any decision between them becomes a matter of looks, individual preference, and performance.
Old 10/2/05, 07:58 AM
Mach 1 Member

Your correct, JLT did have problems in the early stages of release on the 05 GT. Not all kits and I fixed them as fast as possiable. That's the difference.

I talk to customers on a daily basis who have problems with there DC kits.

After some searching on the other boards, you will see what I mean.

Again, just food for thought. I'm not pedeling my wares, but giving factual info.

Jay
Old 10/2/05, 09:17 PM
Cobra Member

Jay... your comments here may well be 100% on the money. I remember reading about the woes that people like Elvism had and much of your response to the problems.

What I suspect worries me about this thread, however, is that since DeMolet isn't here to defend himself your words still seem to sound like someone firing a volley across the bow of their competitor.

Personally I know nothing about DeMolet other than from looking on his web site and seeing a few posts that he made and were made about his products on other forums. So when will you be releasing a V-6 intake?????
Old 10/4/05, 11:13 PM
Bullitt Member

I don't know much about this DeMolet intake other than it looks exactly like the JLT, but I doubt if there were problems with this intake the Company, or who ever, would be so quick to resolve the issues such as JLT has with their intake.

That being said, I think everyone knows the problems expierenced when JLT first hit the market but those are all taken care of.

Jay has been absolutely great when it comes to his customers and customer service, which makes him a trustworthy authority on this subject so if he says this thing (DeMolet intake) is bad news I believe him.

Only time will tell with this new intake, but I wouldn't expect the same kind of service from DeMolet.

Nick