GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Anybody got a Mak performance CAI?

Search this Thread

Old 5/1/05, 09:30 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hello everyone,just installed the Mac Performance straight shot CAI. Looks good,fits great,same size cone filter as Steeda's,maybe others. I am running a 91 octane,canned tune. I only have R6 Diablo....so i know there are better revisions now.The canned 91 tune is really nice,more noticeable to me than the 87 was. I also run an oofroad x-pipe. When i put Mac on...car ran sluggish. I richened up fuel by 1(on Predator)..still ran crappy. I used diagnostics to look for trouble codes...and i got 3 lean condition(bank 1)..ect. I put stock intake back on with K&n filter,cleared trouble codes...car runs great. Put 50 miles on it,rechecked,no codes. My question is...how much do you richen up mixture,and at what rpm intervals? Does the Diablo enrichment work? Confused by directions on fuel adjustment?
Old 5/1/05, 10:00 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Fman67@May 1, 2005, 8:33 PM
Hello everyone,just installed the Mac Performance straight shot CAI. Looks good,fits great,same size cone filter as Steeda's,maybe others. I am running a 91 octane,canned tune. I only have R6 Diablo....so i know there are better revisions now.The canned 91 tune is really nice,more noticeable to me than the 87 was. I also run an oofroad x-pipe. When i put Mac on...car ran sluggish. I richened up fuel by 1(on Predator)..still ran crappy. I used diagnostics to look for trouble codes...and i got 3 lean condition(bank 1)..ect. I put stock intake back on with K&n filter,cleared trouble codes...car runs great. Put 50 miles on it,rechecked,no codes. My question is...how much do you richen up mixture,and at what rpm intervals? Does the Diablo enrichment work? Confused by directions on fuel adjustment?
I run a mac straight shot (love it), and i use either the steeda tune and richen the fuel by one point, or the diablosport tunes, and richen the mixture by 4 points. the mixture will vary by altitude and relative humidity, so a tuner with a wide band will be the most beneficial for getting a safe air/fuel ratio. if you dont have access to a wideband (i havent been able to track a diablosport guy down close to me yet) just remember richer is safer.

hope this helps.
Old 5/1/05, 11:09 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Faber+May 1, 2005, 11:03 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Faber @ May 1, 2005, 11:03 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Fman67@May 1, 2005, 8:33 PM
I run a mac straight shot (love it), and i use either the steeda tune and richen the fuel by one point, or the diablosport tunes, and richen the mixture by 4 points. the mixture will vary by altitude and relative humidity, so a tuner with a wide band will be the most beneficial for getting a safe air/fuel ratio. if you dont have access to a wideband (i havent been able to track a diablosport guy down close to me yet) just remember richer is safer.I have predator..but i only went up 1 point,i'll try 4 points. It was cool today,about 50degrees.Seems exactly like Steeda's.No access to any tuner...so i am seat of pants tuner!LOL. Thanks for the replY

hope this helps.
[/b][/quote]