GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Any word on BBK throttle body and CAI

Search this Thread

Old 9/20/05 | 09:01 PM
Bullitt Member

Tried a google search and I came up with nothing. I cannot find anywhere for presale yet either. Does anybody have a shipping date yet? I would love to see if it is true about not needing a Programmer for this setup. Keep the dealership happy and if the throttle body gets rid of the throttle lag, I can hold off from the programmer till I'm ready for the gear swap.
Old 9/20/05 | 09:23 PM
jlb
GT Member

There's a write up in Oct 2005 MM&FF. 292hp/309.4lb-ft

"no lap top or other tuning is needed, as the factory computer automatically compensates for the increased air flow."
Old 9/20/05 | 09:37 PM
GT Member

It is on the market for sell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 9/20/05 | 10:00 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by THE-BOSS@September 20, 2005, 8:40 PM
It is on the market for sell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Care to tell us where then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 9/20/05 | 10:10 PM
jlb
GT Member

Pick up any MM&FF and there are many adds for it. ie. Performancecenter.com rpmoutlet.com mustangsunlimited.com etc...
Old 9/20/05 | 10:16 PM
jlb
GT Member

fyi..the TB will not be released until 10/01/05 and the cold air kit is "to be released" ...from what I've found
Old 9/21/05 | 06:51 AM
GT Member

I'm waiting for Brenspeed to test it / offer it / make a tune for it.
Then I'm gonna buy the complete set from him.

Come on Brenspeed, let's hear some info on this set up.
Old 9/21/05 | 01:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

I just called Performance Center. They said it wasn't for sale yet and I said it is available Oct 1st. The guy put me on hold and talked to some BBK guy then told me it's not going to be released till Dec.

Don't know if that is for real, but that was my experience.
Old 9/21/05 | 01:48 PM
Bullitt Member

Coniceidentally, I was getting on here to talk about this same thing. I had been waiting for the BBK Cold-Air Kit and the Throttle Body, and had last been told it was to ship the 3rd week of September, about a month ago. I was calling around today to dealers, and was getting some pretty varied dates on availability, so I decided to call BBK and see when they were shipping.

Well disappointly, it won't be anytime soon. I can't remember the name of the guy I talked to, but he said his last report was showing a ship date of mid-October for the Cold-Air Kit, and sometime in December for the Throttle Body.

I did not think to ask until after I was off the phone if they were just having trouble getting the parts made, or if there is a design issue they are working out.
Old 9/21/05 | 02:35 PM
Bullitt Member

I checked with my rep at BBK again this week and now they are saying mid October.

Old 9/21/05 | 02:52 PM
Bullitt Member

Brenspeed,
Which Cold-Air Kit do you think is the best, the C&L or the K&N.

The K&N is a little cheaper, and looks very nice. The C&L is more expensive, also looks great, seems to have a better box around the filter, and the filter looks a bit larger. Just a few things I noticed.

I would appreciate your opinion to help me decide what to do. Thanks.
Old 9/21/05 | 03:06 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by KWMJ-KTP@September 21, 2005, 2:55 PM
Brenspeed,
Which Cold-Air Kit do you think is the best, the C&L or the K&N.

The K&N is a little cheaper, and looks very nice. The C&L is more expensive, also looks great, seems to have a better box around the filter, and the filter looks a bit larger. Just a few things I noticed.

I would appreciate your opinion to help me decide what to do. Thanks.
I will tell you the same thing I tell others. I made the same power with the C&L and K&N in testing with my tunes. I tune the K&N without the trap in the place. It comes down to what you like. The K&N features the black plastic and the C&L has the cast aluminum. Both will make your car drive better than it ever has. My K&N package costs less but the C&L sells way better. I run the C&L on my own car.

Old 9/21/05 | 06:34 PM
Mach 1 Member

Brenspeed,
Thanks for all the info. Your package deals and the good words from others about your tunes have caught my eye (I was set on the JLT combo, also good things about it). How does the Steeda intake compare to the C&L and K&N using your tune? Thanks.
Old 9/21/05 | 06:41 PM

Brenspeed
do you have a tune for the K&N for the predator?
Old 9/22/05 | 03:45 AM
Cobra R Member

I would like to see brenspeed offer a total set up. I read the article of the BBK/CAI. If it makes 27hp with out a tune, bren can up it with a tune. Bren, we will all be waiting for some word.
Old 9/22/05 | 03:28 PM
Cobra Member

One thing I DON'T like about that article is availability! Why is it that BBK can supply FF&MM with a TB and CAI to test, yet two or three months later, they STILL can't supply us? I wonder what is up.
Old 9/26/05 | 01:36 PM
Bullitt Member

I will try to answer all these questions...

As far as air intakes C&L is by far the most popular we sell. Next is the Steeda and K&N. I am a fan of the inlet pipe so I like the K&N and C&L and both make great power. I run the C&L on my own car.

I do have K&N custom tunes that I developed but not with a Predator. I tune using the SCT software. I have customers every week switch from there Predator to our X-cal. You might want to think about that. The main reason being most likely the same reason you are asking me. The lack of Diablo support. I tell everybody choose a programmer your tuner or speed shop supports so you can get tunes easy when you need them.

Yes I do plan on having more packages soon. As soon as the BBK arrives on the dyno it goes for our normal testing. Remember you can always ask via phone or e-mail for a special package if you have something in mind. I am willing to work with you.

Proto-type is a lot different than mass production. Sometimes companies use components on a proto-type that they would not use in production. An example is a small gear in the throttle body. It might of had a plastic one for testing which might last a few thousand miles. But in production they use a different material to last 200,000 miles. Just an example...

For those who have not heard I am working on a new off road H pipe for the 05/06 GT. I will have our first proto-type in about a week and production units a few weeks after. For those of you who want to keep that deep throaty sound that you dont get with an X-pipe and most mufflers than this will be a good option. There is an off road H pipe post floating around here you might want to check out. Price will be around $179 shipped.

Old 9/27/05 | 04:58 AM
Bullitt Member

Anyone seen a price for the TB and CAI?
Old 9/27/05 | 09:16 AM
GT Member

Around $360.00 on http://www.sfxperformance.com/parts/BBK1763.htm however, who knows when it will be available???
Old 9/27/05 | 11:17 AM
Bullitt Member

Is that for the TB or the whole kit?

Quick Reply: Any word on BBK throttle body and CAI