GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Any word on the Bassani LT/ headers

Search this Thread

Old 1/30/06, 03:10 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone have any info on Bassani releasing some headers. I just noticed that SLP released some LT's that bolt up to their modular X-pipe that can be used with stock manifolds, cats/no cats or their LT's. I would like to see what Bassani has to offer. Otherwise I might get the SLP X- with cats, then install the LT's down the road.
Old 1/30/06, 07:22 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've been wondering about them too. It's taking them forever.
Old 1/30/06, 07:44 PM
FR500 Member

I was originally thinking of getting the Bassani LT headers. But here is how I see it... I can spend almost a grand on their LT headers (when they eventually come out) and having them installed. I may get 10 more HP if I'm lucky and get a tiny bit deeper exhaust note. OR... I can spend about the same amount and get new cams and gain more like 30HP and have a much deeper exhaust note and a real nice lope. I ended up taking headers off my future mod list and will put that thousand dollars towards cams. I think cams are a much better bang for the buck.
Old 2/20/06, 12:08 PM
GT Member

The latest issue of 5.0 Mustang and Super Fords as an article entitled "S197 Invasion". In addition to covering a wide range of new '05-'06 Mustang parts from the SEMA show that will be hitting the market soon, they mentioned that Bassani has L-T headers available (and have a picture!). I couldn't find anything on Bassani's website, but I'm sure they just haven't updated it yet. Here's the link to the article. You'll have to scroll down a little to get to the part on Bassani.

5.0 Mustang and Super Fords' "S197 Invasion"
Old 2/20/06, 04:06 PM
Bullitt Member

Does not look like if you already bought the X pipe with the comp cats, the cats would fit?
Old 2/20/06, 08:35 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm worried about how it will sound without cats. I tried the xpipe without cats and it was really tinny raspy sound. In other words it sounded like junk.
Old 2/21/06, 08:08 AM
FR500 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jvm051 @ February 20, 2006, 5:09 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Does not look like if you already bought the X pipe with the comp cats, the cats would fit?
[/b][/quote]

I can tell you by looking at the pic that you will not be able to use the Bassani x-pipe with cat legs along with their LT headers. So the Bassani LT's are definitely out for me.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ryan1112 @ February 20, 2006, 9:38 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I'm worried about how it will sound without cats. I tried the xpipe without cats and it was really tinny raspy sound. In other words it sounded like junk.
[/b][/quote]

I had the Bassani x-pipe without cats too... I actually got a lot of rasp when I accelerated hard. You definitely need the cats IMO. And their cats are high flow, so you aren't going to lose much, if any, HP or sound. You will however lose that strong exhaust smell from having no cats, as well as the resonance.

The header arguement has been had so much on these forums. Basically, if you have the extra money and are looking to spend it... and have done every other possible bolt-on... sure, get some LT headers. But spending close to a grand for maybe 10HP is not something I'm going to go out and do. Especially if I can reach my goal of 350 RWHP n/a without them.
Old 2/21/06, 05:19 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(acadian @ February 21, 2006, 10:11 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I can tell you by looking at the pic that you will not be able to use the Bassani x-pipe with cat legs along with their LT headers. So the Bassani LT's are definitely out for me.
I had the Bassani x-pipe without cats too... I actually got a lot of rasp when I accelerated hard. You definitely need the cats IMO. And their cats are high flow, so you aren't going to lose much, if any, HP or sound. You will however lose that strong exhaust smell from having no cats, as well as the resonance.

The header arguement has been had so much on these forums. Basically, if you have the extra money and are looking to spend it... and have done every other possible bolt-on... sure, get some LT headers. But spending close to a grand for maybe 10HP is not something I'm going to go out and do. Especially if I can reach my goal of 350 RWHP n/a without them.
[/b][/quote]

WELL SAID IAN
Old 2/22/06, 09:37 AM
FR500 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(davids2toys @ February 21, 2006, 6:22 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
WELL SAID IAN
[/b][/quote]

Thanks, Dave. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

Seriously though, if any of you guys are looking for that kind of performance mod, hold up and see what's coming out in the next few months as far as performance cams go. You'd be much better off putting a grand towards cams, or even a supercharger, before you go getting headers. The stock headers on this car flow really well... there's not much HP there. Same thing goes with the throttle body on the S197's. The HP per dollar ratio on those two are pretty bad.
Old 2/22/06, 09:52 AM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(acadian @ February 21, 2006, 10:11 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

[/b][/quote]

Well how about you shop around and look for lt's that aren't a thousand dollars? hooker has ceramic coated ones for 600
Old 2/22/06, 12:51 PM
FR500 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(atomic_il @ February 22, 2006, 10:55 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Well how about you shop around and look for lt's that aren't a thousand dollars? hooker has ceramic coated ones for 600
[/b][/quote]

I'm talking about LT header's + the cost to install them. You are looking at close to a grand when it's all said and done, unless you can install them yourself. But most people aren't going to do that.
Old 2/27/06, 12:51 PM
GT Member

I had emailed Bassani concerning something else, and asked about their L-T headers. In the response I got back today, he said that the L-T headers will be out within the next 60 days, but didn't have any information on pricing or which X-Pipe to use. Hopefully someone will be able to find out this information before the headers are released.