GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Any way to edit Pro Cal II tune?

Search this Thread

Old 4/6/10, 08:51 PM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Any way to edit Pro Cal II tune?

I've got the FRPP CAI and the Pro Cal II unit on my 09 GT500 (why am I posting in the GT forum, the GT500 forum seems like a pretty lonely place ) .

Anyways, I'm not really interested in a new tune at this time (the FRPP tune is well enough for the most part), however I'm trying to figure out a way to bump the rev limiter and disable the speed limiter on my car without having to spring for a new tuner or a brand new tune?
Old 4/7/10, 01:39 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by bob
I've got the FRPP CAI and the Pro Cal II unit on my 09 GT500 (why am I posting in the GT forum, the GT500 forum seems like a pretty lonely place ) .

Anyways, I'm not really interested in a new tune at this time (the FRPP tune is well enough for the most part), however I'm trying to figure out a way to bump the rev limiter and disable the speed limiter on my car without having to spring for a new tuner or a brand new tune?
FRPP Pro Cal Tuners allow for tire size & gear changes, but limiters can't be changed, IIRC.
Old 4/7/10, 04:54 PM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Five Oh Brian
FRPP Pro Cal Tuners allow for tire size & gear changes, but limiters can't be changed, IIRC.
That is correct, but what I was really wanted to know was is there an editor out there that allows me to copy the tune off the SD card, modify it and and then copy back over to the SD card in the tuner and upload the modified tune?

Its not really a hassel to wait until I can afford anoter tuner to change the rev and speed limiters, just seems like it would be a waste of money at this time to buy a new tuner only to adjust those two settings.