GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Another mod question..

Search this Thread

Old 2/7/12, 04:06 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another mod question..

I'm deciding if I should keep my 2005 GT almost a paid off and just Mod the crap put of it from the engine to the paint or if I should take the leap and buy a 2011 Kona Blue 5.0... What would y'all do?
Old 2/7/12, 07:16 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by OHYEANICE
I'm deciding if I should keep my 2005 GT almost a paid off and just Mod the crap put of it from the engine to the paint or if I should take the leap and buy a 2011 Kona Blue 5.0... What would y'all do?
Imagine what your car would be like if you put all the money you'd be paying in car payments in to your drivetrain.... mustang rocket...
Old 2/7/12, 07:29 AM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
05 looks Better than 2012 IMO. I would buy a coyote engine and drop it in your 05
Old 2/7/12, 08:56 AM
Cobra Member

Paid off = more modding money. Everytime the thought of getting a newer one comes to mind, I just invest in another mod as the thought of a car payment and all the lost $$ is something I want to avoid.
Old 2/7/12, 10:14 AM
Just Plain Rude!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
I feel like maybe you already asked this same question before? I'd keep it and put all the money you're saving, from not having a car payment, into mods.
Old 2/7/12, 11:29 AM
Bullitt Member

Having a paid off car is a great thing, and if you've got a hankering for the shiny and new, put that towards body mods and/or a new paint color. It'll be a lot cheaper than taking on a whole new loan

@texastboneking Agreed, still love the 05 body over the '10 refresh

Last edited by Agent MOO; 2/7/12 at 11:34 AM.
Old 2/7/12, 12:41 PM
Cobra R Member

Keep it. Mod it. run it.
Old 2/7/12, 01:13 PM
GT Member

I'm just worried about modding an engine with 60000k on it. Maybe 5.0 swap? Lol. I don't care to push crazy horsepower because there's no point in have 550wrhp and not being able to hook up. Only care for like 450wrap or so. 500wrhp at the most. What are the first mods I can do to get maximum hp off of it without boosting it? Im already about to order CAI and bama tune with throttle body. I'm getting cams next.
Old 2/7/12, 01:40 PM
Banned

I'm just worried about modding an engine with 60000k on it. Maybe 5.0 swap? Lol. I don't care to push crazy horsepower because there's no point in have 550wrhp and not being able to hook up. Only care for like 450wrap or so. 500wrhp at the most. What are the first mods I can do to get maximum hp off of it without boosting it? Im already about to order CAI and bama tune with throttle body. I'm getting cams next.
Intake exhaust cams tune. Then whatever other be you wanna blow money on lol
Old 2/7/12, 04:22 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by muscledom

Intake exhaust cams tune. Then whatever other be you wanna blow money on lol
Thank you.. I guess at the end I could just build and supercharge just because lol
Old 2/7/12, 04:34 PM
Banned

Thank you.. I guess at the end I could just build and supercharge just because lol
Ehh you gotta kinda plan when ur doing a blower lol. You will turn sooooo many heads when your car sounds like a pissed off dragon. ***** thumprs with stock exhaust sound amazing so I could only imagine what a full exhaust will do. With intake exhaust cams and tune you should be around 400 crank hp, which is where I'd like to end up. With gears, that should be enough to keep your underroos moist.
Old 2/7/12, 04:43 PM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

Originally Posted by muscledom

Ehh you gotta kinda plan when ur doing a blower lol. You will turn sooooo many heads when your car sounds like a pissed off dragon. ***** thumprs with stock exhaust sound amazing so I could only imagine what a full exhaust will do. With intake exhaust cams and tune you should be around 400 crank hp, which is where I'd like to end up. With gears, that should be enough to keep your underroos moist.
Again with the crank HP talk???
Old 2/7/12, 04:45 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by texastboneking

Again with the crank HP talk???
What do suggests Mr. cobra?
Old 2/7/12, 04:48 PM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

What do suggests Mr. cobra?
Make sense of this plz.
Old 2/7/12, 05:03 PM
Cobra R Member

get a sense of what rwhp range you want to be in. you want a nice street cruiser with some grunt, 1/4 mile runner. etc. Also what budget you looking at. If you want 350-400hp to the wheels do the research on what proven mods/combos people are running to get you there. I'm sure there is info on here if you dig for it. 450rwhp is just has hard to hook up as 500rwhp but there are set ups to help with this also.
Old 2/7/12, 05:57 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by texastboneking

Make sense of this plz.
What do you* suggest I do Mr. cobra?

Sorry
Old 2/7/12, 05:59 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by skunk21
get a sense of what rwhp range you want to be in. you want a nice street cruiser with some grunt, 1/4 mile runner. etc. Also what budget you looking at. If you want 350-400hp to the wheels do the research on what proven mods/combos people are running to get you there. I'm sure there is info on here if you dig for it. 450rwhp is just has hard to hook up as 500rwhp but there are set ups to help with this also.
I want a car that surprises people. I only drive it a couple times a months because I travel with my job. I want something to come home to and have a blast in but not have to rebuild the bottom end to handle the power. I would say like 400 to 430wrhp is where I want to be.. Want to stay under about $10k.
Old 2/7/12, 06:19 PM
Cobra R Member

I want a car that surprises people. I only drive it a couple times a months because I travel with my job. I want something to come home to and have a blast in but not have to rebuild the bottom end to handle the power. I would say like 400 to 430wrhp is where I want to be.. Want to stay under about $10k.
450rwhp is about the safe area for the lower end. your rwhp goal is going to need boost to get it. It is going to be real tough N/A, 400rwhp N/A could be done with some agressive cams, ported heads,intake and one heck of tune. 300-350rwhp N/A yes much easier. research some S/C setups but basically a S/C and supporting mods would be what you are looking at and a set of gears. The stock clutch should hold up with street tires.
Old 2/7/12, 07:07 PM
GT Member

450rwhp is about the safe area for the lower end. your rwhp goal is going to need boost to get it. It is going to be real tough N/A, 400rwhp N/A could be done with some agressive cams, ported heads,intake and one heck of tune. 300-350rwhp N/A yes much easier. research some S/C setups but basically a S/C and supporting mods would be what you are looking at and a set of gears. The stock clutch should hold up with street tires.
Guess I should just Pro Charge that puppy . Then slowly build the bottom end just for the heck of it.
Old 2/7/12, 07:16 PM
GT Member

Thank a lot for the info. I appreciate it

Quick Reply: Another mod question..