GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Another bamahead!

Search this Thread

Old 5/30/07, 04:47 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another bamahead!

I got my JLT/SCT CAI yesterday and installed it today. Install was very easy and pretty straight forward. Loading the tune was super easy. This is by far the most I have dont to any car I have owned and I thought it was easy.

As far as results. no dyno for me yet, maybe later this summer after my next pay check. However, my a$$ometer says there was a nice gain. The car drives SO much better, it is WAY more responsive than before and the exhaust sounds better. And THAT is just the 87 perf tune. Gas is still a little too expensive to get addicted to the 93 race tune I have. But as soon as gas prices go down I will test that one out, and if they never do I will just have to cancel my cable

I do have one question though, the PCV hose that goes from the spicket on the intake tube to the silver post on the engine, are there supposed to be clamps for it? I didnt get any and I just slid it on both ends, and it has stayed on through a little spirited driving today. Just curious.

Thanks Doug and Jay, you guys have great products!!!
Old 5/30/07, 05:18 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Good job Mike!

Now go burn up that 87 and fill er' up with 93 and load that Race Tune!

Skipping lunch once a week will be so worth it.
Old 5/30/07, 05:37 PM
Bullitt Member

I hear that, and may help the car be a little lighter
Old 5/30/07, 07:06 PM
GT Member

I do have one question though, the PCV hose that goes from the spicket on the intake tube to the silver post on the engine, are there supposed to be clamps for it? I didnt get any and I just slid it on both ends, and it has stayed on through a little spirited driving today. Just curious.
Nope, just fits over the plugs.

I was fooling around, testing all 3 tunes at the track last week. My best times came with the 93 Torque Tune. Have 87 Performance and 93 Performance as well. At the time I was a little dissapointed with the results, as I ran pretty much the same times stock. It was a little warmer and a bit more humid that day, and I didn't get the car cool off for an hour like I did the first time I ran it (forgot about that).

Was also talking to my cousin who was there. "Yeah dude, when you hit 2nd right in front of me, you didn't just chip them.......you burned them for like 10 feet." I couldn't feel it inside the car, but apparently there was a brief loss of traction.

Also for some reason, car has felt A LOT more responsive the last couple of days, and it's been 90 and humid both days. I don't get it at all.
Old 5/30/07, 07:20 PM
Cobra R Member

who needs cable, we have stangs. We should be out cruising.
Old 5/30/07, 10:19 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by DynamicmustangGT
who needs cable, we have stangs. We should be out cruising.
EXACTLY!!!!!
Old 5/30/07, 11:48 PM
GT Member

Welcome to the Bamahead Nation!