GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Almost done with the performance mods but...

Old 3/26/14, 08:34 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Almost done with the performance mods but...

I've completely modded the suspension so I can better use the increase in performance I want out of my 06 GT Vert. So far I've installed FRPP CAI, FRPP Billet throttle body, FRPP intake, new plugs and COP's from Accel and inTune from Bama.

What I'm thinking of doing next and then be done is FRPP hot rod cams and long tube headers with catted x pipe or off road x pipe. The injectors and fuel rail are stock and my gears are also stock at 3:31.

I'm looking to hear some suggestions from you guys (and gals) on which way to go and will I need anything else. I don't really want to add a SC, I want to keep it NA. As an estimate what kind of horsepower am I looking at after the cams and headers?
Old 3/27/14, 08:59 AM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Gigantor
I've completely modded the suspension so I can better use the increase in performance I want out of my 06 GT Vert. So far I've installed FRPP CAI, FRPP Billet throttle body, FRPP intake, new plugs and COP's from Accel and inTune from Bama.

What I'm thinking of doing next and then be done is FRPP hot rod cams and long tube headers with catted x pipe or off road x pipe. The injectors and fuel rail are stock and my gears are also stock at 3:31.

I'm looking to hear some suggestions from you guys (and gals) on which way to go and will I need anything else. I don't really want to add a SC, I want to keep it NA. As an estimate what kind of horsepower am I looking at after the cams and headers?
It sounds like you have a great build list so far! How does the car drive? I bet it hooks up like a beast!

Your future plans look great also. I would definitely install set of gears also. Those will really be great with the Long Tubes and Cams!

Keep up the great work with your build and let me know if you ever have any questions. Our Mustang Experts are here Monday-Friday from 9AM-9PM EST and Saturdays from 9AM-5:30PM EST. If you want to hit them up, their number is 866.727.1266. I can also have one of them call you directly.

-Dan
Old 3/27/14, 09:47 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 773 Likes on 565 Posts
I think you are on the right track also. I have question on your mods. Did they make a big difference? Did you do them all in one shot? I think my next mod will be cams also
Old 3/27/14, 06:17 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
My first mods were the CAI and tune. From there I decided to swap the suspension almost all at once. I bought the parts from American Muscle because the prices were good and the customer service great. I installed FRPP GT500 struts, shocks and lowering springs from CDC. Out back J&M LCA, J&M Panhard bar, Whiteline panhard brace, H&R sway bar all from American Muscle. Up front, GT500 strut mounts, GT500 LCA, Whiteline sway bar, FRPP strut tower brace also from American Muscle.

The difference was like night and day, it feels like I'm riding a roller coaster. When I power through turns there's no more under steer and the rear comes around quick. It's a blast to drive, can't wipe the smile off my face.

I'll probably wait till the next sale day, like Memorial Day or the 4th of July to buy the cams and headers.

I've done gears on a 89 Bronco (front and rear), is it harder or about the same to do them on a Mustang?
Old 3/27/14, 09:53 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You have a good base set of mods. If you are planning to stay N/A then my recommendations are get a set of gears. 4.10 if you have a manual and 3.73 if you are an automatic. If you have an auto then add a good 3500-4000 stall torque converter. Skip the Hot Rods and other cams like them, they are basically just for sound affects, they don't really add much HP. If you are going to spend the money on cams then go all the way and get cams, springs and phaser limiters. Get the Livernois springs and phaser limiters, their stage 3 N/A cams are also a great cam. Also get a good dyno tune, the Bama tunes are very conservative.

With these mods you should be in the 390-400 rwhp range and the car should run high 11's at the track. It will still be a reliable street car and very fun to drive.

Last edited by retfr8flyr; 3/27/14 at 09:54 PM.