GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

For all those thinking going supercharged

Search this Thread

Old 11/27/05, 09:23 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For those of you thinking of going the Pocharger/Vortech route. Jerry Wroblewsi from SCT just tuned an 05 GT and did this very technical writeup.
Jerry is the ABSOLUTE BEST in the business when it comes to tuning Fords.......PERIOD!!!!!

http://www.modularfords.com/articles/SCT_T...stang_GT/1.html
Old 11/27/05, 10:50 PM
Cobra Member

Yet another post on this exact forum of this exact and very old news.

Thanks again though... :notnice:

-Dan
Old 11/27/05, 10:53 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Cleveland@November 28, 2005, 12:53 AM

-Dan
+1
Old 11/27/05, 11:44 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Cleveland@November 27, 2005, 11:53 PM

-Dan
Give the guy a break. Maybe he has a life and doesn't have time to read every post on this forum.

Man Dan, you're kind of a d***head.
Old 11/28/05, 12:08 AM
GT Member

i got to agree with clockworks....
Old 11/28/05, 12:30 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by clockworks@November 27, 2005, 10:47 PM
Man Dan, you're kind of a d***head.
and this is also old news.

-Dan
Old 11/28/05, 08:14 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Everybody, play nice.

Old 11/28/05, 08:21 AM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
All-

I edited some posts above containing the word "d***head". We try to keep the language to a minimum, so if anybody has issue with that PM me to discuss.

Thanks,

TMS Staff
Old 11/28/05, 08:22 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Okay, stick to the subject guys, which is not about one of the members on this forum. Yes this is old news, however if you are going to tell someone that it is old news at least post a link to the topic that already exists. Now, back to the topic......
Old 11/28/05, 09:03 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by adrenalin@November 28, 2005, 9:25 AM
Okay, stick to the subject guys, which is not about one of the members on this forum. Yes this is old news, however if you are going to tell someone that it is old news at least post a link to the topic that already exists. Now, back to the topic......
John, thanks for ending all this hostility, and getting the topic back on track.
Old 11/28/05, 01:18 PM
Cobra Member

-Dan
Old 11/28/05, 07:42 PM

Originally posted by TRMN8TR+November 27, 2005, 11:26 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TRMN8TR @ November 27, 2005, 11:26 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>For those of you thinking of going the Pocharger/Vortech route. Jerry Wroblewsi from SCT just tuned an 05 GT and did this very technical writeup.
Jerry is the ABSOLUTE BEST in the business when it comes to tuning Fords.......PERIOD!!!!!

http://www.modularfords.com/articles/SCT_T...stang_GT/1.html
[/b]

If you would have read the other post titled supercharger just 7 posts below yours you would have read my reply.

Anyone who is serious about supercharging their Mustang has probably heard of the horror stories by now. They are also doing their homework to find the best way to prevent this from happening to them.

<!--QuoteBegin-thump_rrr
@November 26, 2005, 11:14 PM
I've been researching this to death since I've gotten my 05 GT. My first choice is a twin screw. A twinscrew has a 90% efficiency versus a 70% efficiency for a centrifugal.

The biggest problem is that people think they can bolt on a blower and plug in a canned tune and their car will run perfectly with no dyno time with an experienced tuner.

Also if you follow the forums the area where most of these cars suffer is in the air/fuel management department. There are many cars out there with prochargers which get dangerously lean at high rpm's due to the fuel pumps not being able to supply enough fuel. They also run out of voltage in the MAF which is no better.

If you want an interesting read you can check out the Kenne Bell Boost-A-Pump technical paper HERE.

The long and short of it you're trying to maintain a 39psi fuel pressure differential at all times. That is the only way to get accurate fuel flow because all fuel calculations are based on fuel being delivered at a fixed pressure differential. The variable in the equation is that the manifold pressure keeps changing.

Kenne Bell has a lot of experience with supercharging mustangs yet they didn't jump out there to make a quick buck. They're taking their time to complete their R&D work before releasing their kit for sale. For this they get my vote.

The saleen blower is also interesting due to its blowing the air upwards enabling the length of the intake runners to remain long. I've seen a couple of these running locally and their power output didn't impress me at all.

I've seen the JDM Motorsports modified Saleen equipped car at the Fun Ford Weekend this summer and it was impressive. They were running 9psi with their own pulleys,MAF,throttlebody,fuel system upgrades, and custom SCT tune. This is a car which was put together by a shop with a lot of S/C and custom tuning experience.

There is a local guy in my area with a Kenne Bell equipped Lightning pickup tuned by JDM Engineering. I've seen this truck run quite a few times and it runs flawlessly. Even though JDM Engineering is 400 miles from my home they will be getting my tuning business next year when i go blown.

To sum it all up there's a setup for everyone out there. The bottom line is to get it on a dyno and have the A/F ratio checked out to make sure it doesn't lean out.

I won't even get into the whole forged internals debate.
[/quote]
Old 11/28/05, 08:32 PM

So what is the best kit on the market for someone that wants to install in the driveway, and does not have access to a dyno for tuning. Just wants to use supplied tuner/etc...
Old 11/28/05, 09:03 PM
Bullitt Member

Go with a dyno tune, for the best for your motor and output.
Old 11/28/05, 09:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by gottastang@November 28, 2005, 7:35 PM
So what is the best kit on the market for someone that wants to install in the driveway, and does not have access to a dyno for tuning. Just wants to use supplied tuner/etc...
If your only viable choice is a semi-custom tune (i.e., no dyno), I have heard more good things about JDM's tunes for the Saleen SC than all the others combined. Not saying that this is better than a dyno tune, but just based on your question, that would be my suggestion. I would not go with the basic Saleen-supplied tune. I have heard more bad than good on it.
Old 11/28/05, 09:25 PM

Originally posted by don_w@November 28, 2005, 11:21 PM
If your only viable choice is a semi-custom tune (i.e., no dyno), I have heard more good things about JDM's tunes for the Saleen SC than all the others combined. Not saying that this is better than a dyno tune, but just based on your question, that would be my suggestion. I would not go with the basic Saleen-supplied tune. I have heard more bad than good on it.
I agree 100%.

I ran against a guy at my local track who has an 05 Saleen Supercharged and we were neck and neck. I thought he should have had 8-9mph on me but he only had 2mph.

JDM will get my business.
Old 11/29/05, 06:58 AM
Mach 1 Member

I think I'm anti-supercharger with this engine. HOWEVER - should I swap engines in the future, I'd probably do it.
Old 11/29/05, 10:16 AM
Mach 1 Member

If I install the Saleen kit myself and I want to do a custom dyno tune, how do I get it to the tuners shop?? If I'm getting a custom tune anyways, I wouldn't want to bother solder their chip into my ECU. Or would it be best to solder it in, drive it to the shop, then have them remove it and perform the tune?

Thanks for the info.
Old 11/29/05, 10:33 AM
Retired Tms Staff

ok. I already told you guys to stick with the topic and since some of you insist on not doing so, well, I have deleted your posts. Stick to the topic at hand. If you want to go on saying stuff back and forth to each other feel free to do so by using the PM. I have also edited a few posts that had input regarding the topic at hand but also had comments towards other members.
Old 11/29/05, 10:35 AM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
adrenalin: I just PMd you.

Quick Reply: For all those thinking going supercharged