GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

After Market Brake Pads

Search this Thread

Old 11/14/07, 04:38 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by JonCo
Still on the fence. I just dont want to worry about noise. Dust doesn't bother me that much. Noise would bother me.

Hey Jonathan,
Just consider how you drive your car everyday. I am pretty sure it is not on the track. I have been running the Rotorpro's and Centri pads for over 6 months. No dust I can detect, NO noise at all, and better grip than the stock pads. Save your money and put Earl's S.S. brake lines on it. You will feel that everytime you step on the brake. And here is one heck of a price shipped!!!!! ldy (Darrell) sent me this website. Thanks Darrell... I am ordering mine this week!!!
Scott

http://www.inmotionperf.com/cart/ind...&productId=320
Old 11/14/07, 04:45 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 788 Likes on 574 Posts
autozone's best when its time for me to do brakes also. Does any one properly break in their new pads?
Old 11/14/07, 04:53 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Glenn
autozone's best when its time for me to do brakes also. Does any one properly break in their new pads?

Only one way to do it in my book....HARD. Run her up to 80 mph 3 times and get on the brakes hard!! Get them seated to the rotors quickly. Been doing that for 35 years and it has never let me down yet.
Scott
Old 11/14/07, 07:07 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Glenn
Those are some of the worst pads available on the market. Do not let that Lifetime Warranty sell you on there junk. All their Name Brand parts are junk.

Richard
Old 11/14/07, 07:12 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER
Hey Jonathan,
Just consider how you drive your car everyday. I am pretty sure it is not on the track. I have been running the Rotorpro's and Centri pads for over 6 months. No dust I can detect, NO noise at all, and better grip than the stock pads. Save your money and put Earl's S.S. brake lines on it. You will feel that everytime you step on the brake. And here is one heck of a price shipped!!!!! ldy (Darrell) sent me this website. Thanks Darrell... I am ordering mine this week!!!
Scott

http://www.inmotionperf.com/cart/ind...&productId=320

So you use the centri posi quiets? I know brenspeed has brake packages which include the centri pads. I dont track my car at all and really dont have plans to. Maybe once a year if anything. Just normal street and I drive pretty civilized. I was going to go with Rich from RotorPros for rotors, pads, and lines for around 450. I think thats pretty fair for all 4 corners.

I just figured the more $$$ it was the better stopping power it had? I'm up for saving a buck where ever I can, haha

I'm waiting till the end of this month to pull the trigger. Its a big mod month for me!
Old 11/14/07, 07:18 PM
Cobra Member

Richard @RotPros also has the Posi Quiet pads

Richard
Old 11/14/07, 07:58 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
Im with a few of the others on the HPS pads. Life is hard to say since I ran on the road courses a few times. But they do get pretty dusty after a hundred miles of around town driving. The will sometimes let out a little squeel at low speeds, seems mostly in colder temps tho.
The fronts are just about worn out, going to slap the stock pads I saved back on for now since no road events planned next year.

I always like to toss this picture into the brake pad threads
Was after a hot full day after a road course event.

Old 11/14/07, 08:41 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by Stoenr
Im with a few of the others on the HPS pads. Life is hard to say since I ran on the road courses a few times. But they do get pretty dusty after a hundred miles of around town driving. The will sometimes let out a little squeel at low speeds, seems mostly in colder temps tho.
The fronts are just about worn out, going to slap the stock pads I saved back on for now since no road events planned next year.

I always like to toss this picture into the brake pad threads
Was after a hot full day after a road course event.
Old 11/15/07, 04:04 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by JonCo
So you use the centri posi quiets? I know brenspeed has brake packages which include the centri pads. I dont track my car at all and really dont have plans to. Maybe once a year if anything. Just normal street and I drive pretty civilized. I was going to go with Rich from RotorPros for rotors, pads, and lines for around 450. I think thats pretty fair for all 4 corners.

I just figured the more $$$ it was the better stopping power it had? I'm up for saving a buck where ever I can, haha

I'm waiting till the end of this month to pull the trigger. Its a big mod month for me!

Jonathan,
Yes I use the Centric Posi Quiet pads.
Old 11/15/07, 06:06 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by Boltzman

Not sure whats going on with my pics hosted on comcast, but a few have complained they cant see them, grrr, wtf! I can see them!

http://home.comcast.net/~06gt/brakedust.JPG
Attached Thumbnails After Market Brake Pads-brakedust.jpg  
Old 11/15/07, 06:38 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 788 Likes on 574 Posts
Originally Posted by 06GT4RAD
Those are some of the worst pads available on the market. Do not let that Lifetime Warranty sell you on there junk. All their Name Brand parts are junk.

Richard
thanks for the info