GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information
View Poll Results: Would this be a problem?
yes
10.00%
no
90.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

About cylinder heads with 1mm oversize valves and aftermarket cams

Search this Thread

Old 5/7/07, 05:52 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Every_Mn
Metric, on the other hand is traditionally used by commies, *****, and terrorists.
Is that you, Borat?

sorry, couldn't resist!
Old 5/7/07, 09:28 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by JRay05stang
seriously why not just build up the internals and add a supercharger to ur parents car kid... ur gonna spend so much money goin the n/a way and not get near the bang a supercharger would get you...

God Lord, how many times have I asked myself that question.

My reason for going N/A + N2O comes down to one thing. My wife drives this car almost as much as I do, and she has no business sitting behind 425+rwhp at the twitch of her right foot. At least w/ ~350rwhp (that's alota dam power BTW), I feel it is much more streetable for her to drive every day. Then when it's my turn, flip a few switches and BAM! 100 more hp at my command. I'm content with the lack of stress a boosted engine undergoes too. Another reason for gonig n/a, is the mod as you go approach, as opposed to such a large one time investment.

But man....a turbo would sure kick azz.
Old 5/7/07, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by Lowe!
God Lord, how many times have I asked myself that question.

My reason for going N/A + N2O comes down to one thing. My wife drives this car almost as much as I do, and she has no business sitting behind 425+rwhp at the twitch of her right foot. At least w/ ~350rwhp (that's alota dam power BTW), I feel it is much more streetable for her to drive every day. Then when it's my turn, flip a few switches and BAM! 100 more hp at my command. I'm content with the lack of stress a boosted engine undergoes too. Another reason for gonig n/a, is the mod as you go approach, as opposed to such a large one time investment.

But man....a turbo would sure kick azz.

N/a sure is better.
Old 5/7/07, 02:19 PM
Cobra Member

If only blowers were 3000. I am staying N/A cause with a blower I would lose my warranty,potentially blow my engine, and then have to spend the 3000+ at once to rebuild it. Also,my parents gt/cs is not driven in WOT usually,so a supercharger would not be ideal cause my parents wouldn't drive it in the range of boost that much. If I can get 385rwhp out of my car with full bolt ons,full exhaust,p&p'd heads,and cams,and a 8psi supercharged car makes 425rwhp, then I would be within 40rwhp of that supercharged car. 40rwhp is not worth it when you look how a supercharger is $4500-$5000+ at one time and making a 385rwhp N/A car is a $6000-$6500 longterm investment. Now is 40rwhp more really worth having to pay 4.5k to 5k at once? Sure you can turn up the boost from 8psi to 10psi or more, but past 10psi your car will be in the danger zone and you will have to do an expensive rebuild to keep it from blowing up. So thats why I think N/A is the way to go.
Old 5/7/07, 02:47 PM
Bullitt Member

kid your talkin about opening up the engine anyway... ur gonna probably lose ur warranty with cams anyway... plus a supercharger is instant power the car does not have to be driven at wide open throttle to make alot of extra power... a turbo is when you have to keep the rpms in the range of the boost
Old 5/7/07, 02:52 PM
Bullitt Member

and seriously mustangfan stop posting on cs/gtfan1 its immature... seriously add up all the stuff you are wanting to buy for you car money wise... and then add up a super charger... all and all I believe the supercharger to be a better bang for your buck... except nitrous... I just personally dont like the idea of nitrous because I dont like the idea of a substance like that in a bottle riding in the back of my car... I too scared of blowing up lol
Old 5/7/07, 02:55 PM
Bullitt Member

with every add on you put onto your car you potentially increase the chances of problems arising... my ford dealer who is a very good friend told me cracking open the engine to perform mods would void my warranty... so cams and heads out of the question... the same would probably go for you... why not spend the money on a whipple get it installed by a ford dealer you say would still warranty it... and be happy! cause i sure know it would make me happy!
Old 5/7/07, 03:05 PM
Cobra Member

and seriously mustangfan stop posting on cs/gtfan1 its immature... seriously add up all the stuff you are wanting to buy for you car money wise... and then add up a super charger... all and all I believe the supercharger to be a better bang for your buck... except nitrous... I just personally dont like the idea of nitrous because I dont like the idea of a substance like that in a bottle riding in the back of my car... I too scared of blowing up lol

cs/gtfan1 is not my account. It is my brothers account. Yes I did post on his account a few times, but it was an accident. A few times I didn't know he left it on and I thought I was on my account(mustangfan123) when I posted on his accidently.

Do you understand now Jray05stang?
Old 5/7/07, 04:17 PM
Bullitt Member

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=57504

well seriously... there seems to be no accident to your posting on that forum topic... you on purposely answering your own question on that topic? now how did you accidentally do that? How old is your "brother" anyway?
Old 5/7/07, 04:19 PM
Bullitt Member

As posted by MF123 to Gt/CSfan:"cs/gtfan1,there is not an exact amount of power that can be expected to gain from stg. 3 comp cams.There are estimates on the hp gains from them, but it all depends on many things including humidity, your transmission type, and how hot and cold the air is. Also, no car is the same. Comp Cams stated you can expect 30-40hp with the new Xtreme Energy Comp Cams. Also with bolt-ons like a high flow intake like the C&L Racer,Steeda,Tunable Induction, or JLTII Intake,Throttle Body or any other airflow increasing bolt-on(a.k.a headers,mid-pipe,mufflers,CMCVDP's,etc.) you will have higher gains.

Please explain how this is an accident?
Old 5/7/07, 04:23 PM
Former Vendor

I am going to do some tests on the MD before we start selling them alot. I will have detailed pics, specs, and all when I get around to it here maybe tonight or tomorrow during the day.

CR
Tillman Speed
Old 5/7/07, 04:57 PM
Cobra Member

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=57504

well seriously... there seems to be no accident to your posting on that forum topic... you on purposely answering your own question on that topic? now how did you accidentally do that? How old is your "brother" anyway?

Well my brother made that thread,and I answered cs/gtfan1 on my account(mustangfan123), not by accident.
Old 5/7/07, 05:43 PM
Bullitt Member

There was no accident because you made CS/GTfan because you had annoyed so many people as mustangfan123... someone caught onto your childish game and figured out you were in fact both the same people... then you repeatedly argued it but kept dropping more and more clues to being the same person... now you excuse is it was your brother? Seriously whats next? You only posted on CS/GTfan on this topic to make it sound like more people are for your n/a idea... its childish... really
Old 5/7/07, 06:47 PM
Cobra Member

Honestly, it is not my account, it is my brothers,ok? Why would I lie?
Old 5/8/07, 06:36 AM
Mach 1 Member

Any new info??? CR.. I read the heads are $2415.00 does that include the core charge or is it actually $3415.00 up front with the refund once you get the heads?? Let me know. Thanks!
Old 5/9/07, 02:01 PM
Cobra Member

Yea,any news yet?