Search this Thread

Old 4/25/05, 04:18 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Updates on the spray?
Old 4/25/05, 04:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

Found this cure in another post here on TMS by searching for . . . "Bedding In Brakes" . . . seemed to work for those who tried it.

Links to info:

http://www.stoptech.com/whitepapers/bedintheory.htm
http://www.zeckhausen.com/bedding_in_brakes.htm
Old 4/26/05, 08:01 AM
Mach 1 Member

V6 2005 here, squeaky brakes.... didnt at first, but now.... squeak squeak! Going to bring her in Saturday for some hoof work
Old 4/26/05, 01:00 PM
FR500 Member

Hoof work... I like that.

My brakes squeaked at first... had the dealer replace all 4 pads... stopped it for a few weeks and now it's squeaking again. I will be getting some powerslot rotors and some ceramic brake pads within the next few months. That will definitely fix the squeaking, as well as get rid of the ugly rusty rotor problem and of course get me stopped quicker.
Old 4/26/05, 01:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by acadian@April 26, 2005, 1:03 PM

Thanks
Old 4/26/05, 01:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

Mine just started squeaking around 1000 miles and is still that way at 2000 miles. I thought it was just break dust b/c when I was washing the car I used the hose nozzle to really blast in the breaks and they seemed fine for a little while after that. This leads me to believe that it is just break dust build up. My car is going in to the dealer tomorrow to have the gas tank and Shaker head unit replaced as well as a damper put on the differential (all TSBs). I am going to mention to them again about the breaks when I get there.
Old 4/26/05, 02:01 PM
FR500 Member

I don't think the brakes would squeak right after you washed them, because they would be wet for a while after. Which would keep them from vibrating and squeaking. Once they really dry out, that's when they'll start up again. I really don't think it has to do with brake dust, as much as the type of pads that are on there. And also how they are broken in... which would explain why some of us have squeaks while others don't. I think you can chaulk the brake pads up on the list of the few things that Ford just messed up on this car, like the Shaker, struts, etc. And although I think Ford should take care of this, it's easier for me to get some ceramic pads than bring it into my dealer every couple months to replace the stock pads.
Old 4/26/05, 08:19 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
had a problem in the beginning but went away!!!
Old 4/30/05, 11:01 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by I8URVTEC@April 26, 2005, 1:17 PM
Mine just started squeaking around 1000 miles and is still that way at 2000 miles. I thought it was just break dust b/c when I was washing the car I used the hose nozzle to really blast in the breaks and they seemed fine for a little while after that. This leads me to believe that it is just break dust build up. My car is going in to the dealer tomorrow to have the gas tank and Shaker head unit replaced as well as a damper put on the differential (all TSBs). I am going to mention to them again about the breaks when I get there.
" a damper put on the differential" ???
Old 5/1/05, 08:21 AM
The Analog Admin!

Received 3,215 Likes on 2,360 Posts
Originally Posted by 05stangkc,April 17, 2005, 12:24 PM
I got tired of waiting for a Brake fix from FORD so I took matters into my own hands today! Now before anybody says Ford should fix this I AGREE. But I am tired of having people check out my car only to be embarrassed by the brake squeel. Ford has released a new Part number for rear pads so I figured maybe thats where the problem was. But sometimes a new part number is because of a price or vendor change. Also Both the v6 and v8 use the same rear pads and I drove a v6 that had the same squeek it seemed the logical place to start. Anyway I removed the rear pads and they looked great so I applied some of this BG Products stop squeel and hoped for the best. After a short drive the squeel was still there so time to do the fronts. The front Pads were smooth in the center but rough around the edges. Sharp as a matter of fact!. So I took a small sanding roll and chamferred all the sharp edges including the slit down the center. I then soaked them with the BG Product and let them set for 20 minutes. After reinstall and a Long test drive the squeek is GONE. But only time will tell if it returns. I will update as mileage accumulates! But for now the Mouse is Gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.bgprod.com/catalog/brakes/bg-stop-squeal/

kc
quote=The Lyin' King,April 25, 2005, 2:50 PM]
Found this cure in another post here on TMS by searching for . . . "Bedding In Brakes" . . . seemed to work for those who tried it.

Links to info:

http://www.zeckhausen.com/bedding_in_brakes.htm[/quote]

UPDATE ! My Squeek came back at about 25% Frequency and Intensity early on! I Thought I would add the bedding in of the brakes to my Procedure! Try as I might I have not had anymore squeek since the bedding in! But Mileage will tell!

kc
Old 5/1/05, 08:29 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by davids2toys+May 1, 2005, 12:04 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(davids2toys @ May 1, 2005, 12:04 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-I8URVTEC@April 26, 2005, 1:17 PM
" a damper put on the differential" ???
[/b][/quote]

There's a TSB for an axle whine at higher speeds, says to put a damper on the rear axle. My car makes this noise too so I'll get that done when I get the Shaker replaced and the front popping noise TSB done.

My car hasn't ever had a brake squeak though.
Old 5/1/05, 09:11 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 05stangkc,May 1, 2005, 7:24 AM
Originally Posted by 05stangkc,April 17, 2005, 12:24 PM
I got tired of waiting for a Brake fix from FORD so I took matters into my own hands today! Now before anybody says Ford should fix this I AGREE. But I am tired of having people check out my car only to be embarrassed by the brake squeel. Ford has released a new Part number for rear pads so I figured maybe thats where the problem was. But sometimes a new part number is because of a price or vendor change. Also Both the v6 and v8 use the same rear pads and I drove a v6 that had the same squeek it seemed the logical place to start. Anyway I removed the rear pads and they looked great so I applied some of this BG Products stop squeel and hoped for the best. After a short drive the squeel was still there so time to do the fronts. The front Pads were smooth in the center but rough around the edges. Sharp as a matter of fact!. So I took a small sanding roll and chamferred all the sharp edges including the slit down the center. I then soaked them with the BG Product and let them set for 20 minutes. After reinstall and a Long test drive the squeek is GONE. But only time will tell if it returns. I will update as mileage accumulates! But for now the Mouse is Gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kc
quote=The Lyin' King,April 25, 2005, 2:50 PM]

Links to info:

http://www.stoptech.com/whitepapers/bedintheory.htm
http://www.zeckhausen.com/bedding_in_brakes.htm
UPDATE ! My Squeek came back at about 25% Frequency and Intensity early on! I Thought I would add the bedding in of the brakes to my Procedure! Try as I might I have not had anymore squeek since the bedding in! But Mileage will tell!

kc
[/quote]

KC . . . . . Glad somebody in this thread finally tried it and got positive results.
Old 5/1/05, 07:57 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by acadian@April 26, 2005, 1:03 PM

My brakes squeaked at first... had the dealer replace all 4 pads... stopped it for a few weeks and now it's squeaking again. I will be getting some powerslot rotors and some ceramic brake pads within the next few months. That will definitely fix the squeaking, as well as get rid of the ugly rusty rotor problem and of course get me stopped quicker.
Are you paying for those ceramic brakes? We need a TSB for this!!!
Old 5/1/05, 10:52 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

My brakes have stopped squeeling ever since I put my summer tires back on my stock rims. The dealer cleaned some salt I had on my brakes/rims and since then, no noise.
Old 5/2/05, 09:57 AM
GT Member

Mine stopped squeeking after about 4k miles. Annoyed the crap out of me until that point.
Old 5/2/05, 10:17 AM
Mach 1 Member

Ive got just over 5000 km on m y V6 and their sqeeking as well...started about 3000 km and it seems to be getting worse. I REALLY hope they fix this... It is emabarassing !!
Old 5/9/05, 11:18 AM
Mach 1 Member

I'm at 8500 miles and they are squeaking. I couldn't hear them, but my son could when in the passenger seat. My hearing stinks from years of being around these darn planes. I finally heard it over the past few days. I'll try the bedding thing tonight!!! (fingers crossed).
Old 5/10/05, 06:09 PM
The Analog Admin!

Received 3,215 Likes on 2,360 Posts
Squeeks have not returned since Bedding in! So far So Good. See Post 51 for Further info!

kc
Old 5/10/05, 06:45 PM

I have about 14,000 miles and the brakes started squeeking last week. It is very annoying! If the bedding works for KC, I'll be doing it.

Quick Reply: 2005/2006 Mustang Squeeking Brakes