GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

06 GT Kenne Bell supercharged next mod?

Search this Thread

Old 10/24/18, 04:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 GT Kenne Bell supercharged next mod?

Hello all

I have an 06 Mustang GT with the Kenne Bell Stage 1 2.6L Supercharger kit. I had it custom dyno tuned and it made around 400 rwhp on a mustang dyno. I understand that raw dyno numbers don't really matter much and can vary greatly depending on the day and temperature; however, I am getting passed on the freeway pretty regularly lately by all the new cars.

Engine wise - I am on stock everything currently, with the exception of off road x pipes and catback. I am on stock cams, stock throttle body, rods/pistons, exhaust manifold, etc.

I was hoping to make more power and want to go right up to the limit of the engine if possible. Is there any feasible way to add more power? I read on the Dept of Boost website and Kenne Bell's tech tips, that a lot of performance parts don't really help a supercharged car much, or in the case of things such as cams, can negatively impact performance.

If anyone has this kit, or knows more about supercharger kits, what would be the next best hp per dollar mod? A larger throttle body (the stage 1 kit uses the stock throttle body)? Or should I just keep everything the same and just do a pulley change?

Thanks!