GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

05+ wheel Center Cap's

Search this Thread

Old 6/22/07, 06:55 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05+ wheel Center Cap's

I'm looking to get a set of DD Bullits by either American Racing or American Muscle. I've heard they're the same wheel. Anyways, has anyone figured a way to get the new style center cap's to fit in these wheels?
Old 6/22/07, 10:19 PM
Bullitt Member

I sanded the face of the pleixglass cap that came with my Mustang Tuning /American Performance wheels to roughen them. Then I took my stock ford centers, cut the tabs off, and sanded the back flat. For sanding I used 100 grit paper on a flat surface [the kitchen table in my case], and moved the part back and forth on it. I left them not quite flush, so they would look set out 1/16 inch or so like the stock fit. You will note that the oval for the ford logo is pretty deep and I didn't sand through it, but made it flush with the edges of the cap [you could still see the oval, as the cap is slightly concave].

I used a full bed of two-part epoxy which I got at Home Depot to glue them on, and they look perfect. I'd take a picture, but my brother borrowed my digital camera...

I was worried about cutting the Ford centers, so I bought an extra pair first. My worry was needless though, because it was even easier than I'd though it'd be, and no one can tell it isn't stock, even with an 18x10 DD athracite Bullit!

For the rears I bought Prielli P Zero Neros in 285 40 -18 to keep the stock height and look.

Mike E
Old 6/23/07, 01:03 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by mikeelia
I sanded the face of the pleixglass cap that came with my Mustang Tuning /American Performance wheels to roughen them. Then I took my stock ford centers, cut the tabs off, and sanded the back flat. For sanding I used 100 grit paper on a flat surface [the kitchen table in my case], and moved the part back and forth on it. I left them not quite flush, so they would look set out 1/16 inch or so like the stock fit. You will note that the oval for the ford logo is pretty deep and I didn't sand through it, but made it flush with the edges of the cap [you could still see the oval, as the cap is slightly concave].

I used a full bed of two-part epoxy which I got at Home Depot to glue them on, and they look perfect. I'd take a picture, but my brother borrowed my digital camera...

I was worried about cutting the Ford centers, so I bought an extra pair first. My worry was needless though, because it was even easier than I'd though it'd be, and no one can tell it isn't stock, even with an 18x10 DD athracite Bullit!

For the rears I bought Prielli P Zero Neros in 285 40 -18 to keep the stock height and look.

Mike E
Pictures would help, but I get the picture.