GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

05 GT, just bought it and need help with parts. Pics included

Search this Thread

Old 1/19/19, 08:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 GT, just bought it and need help with parts. Pics included

#1 I am wondering what the brace is on this mustang I just purchased. I got this car from the mother of a man who died and I have almost no information about it. I can say its got an eforce blower with a 2.75 inch pulley, kook longtubes and the factory readout shows boost and mass airflow and anything a scanner can show you. The car just flys I mean is scary fast and I want a bit of help figuring it out. I did need to repair the car as the back half was destroyed in a fire.

Pic is from boroscope, valve is super close to the spark plug... is that normal?
Old 1/19/19, 09:04 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 667 Likes on 541 Posts
First pic: That long thing in the middle is a torque arm. It's good for drag racing. Not so much for handling in corners. If you're going to a squiggly track, probably want to rethink the suspension for that instead of this thing. If you're going to a drag strip, this thing is good stuff, leave it. I'm curious if the lower control arms are the GT500s.

Second pic, the valve is fine, it's just open. If the car runs good, there's nothing to fear. Lots of tight tolerances going on in them heads, worry not. Just make sure the timing doesn't get screwed up and it'll be all good.

Now, as to the fire part... the rear end caught on fire/was in a fire, you've said. I see lots of soot under that car, some ashiness too. I would be very wary about the metal in that back end. Fire does bad things(tm) to metal, and that back there is kinda important for stressing purposes. Things like acceleration, braking, and turning could do weird things that a non-fire car wouldn't have happen. Especially with a MORE POWER car like you got. Be very careful about how you proceed. A new axle is not necessarily a bad idea. Nor new lower control arms, brake lines, springs.. new frame rails/mounting points/torque boxes... fuel tank straps... etc... I mean, sure, if I were watching, it'd be dang hilarious to watch you try to take off and the axle just fall out because everything snapped back there... just sayin'...

Hope that helps, or at least makes you ponder. Good luck!
Old 1/20/19, 07:18 AM

I had to replace all fuel related parts on the car. It didn't seem like it got very hot as the tires were still holding air and just some charing marks on the side walls, I did replace them. I also replaced the brake lines as well. I will get some pics of the lower control arms as I am curious too. It also has a 6 speed transmission, brembo brakes, aluminum driveline, and some cool display in the factory odometer readout that allows me to see boost, mass airflow and everything a scanner would read, it is a cool function.
is there any way to figure out the injector size?

Told people it burned the tires so good the bumper caught too!

Wish American muscle would get these rims back in stock too, passenger side rear is discolored.

Last edited by Justin302; 1/20/19 at 08:35 AM. Reason: Add pics
Old 1/20/19, 01:47 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 667 Likes on 541 Posts
You can just get the wheel refurbished, they'll make 'em match. Well, sure 'just', I get that, but still.

Injector size is you either pull one/more to get the part number if possible and match that up, or you can either send them off somewhere to be measured or rig one up to measure the flow rate in, oh, 5 minutes of full on. Then calculate your rate there, giving you the size.

Here's some more info on that.

And here's some to peruse, maybe you can match them up this way.

Not a sponsor.
Old 1/20/19, 04:12 PM

Any easy way to see if the motor has been stroked, cammed? Guess I will just need to put it on a dyno and just be happy with the numbers. My Torque app claimed 627hp today while it was raining in second gear. I am excited to have the car almost finished as it took some time to get it back up and running, I still can't believe how crazy fast this car is and how lucky I got to have purchased it for a real low price.

Thanks for the help I have got so far.