Which is Better All Car vs. Car Topics

The waggon was a hater....

Search this Thread

Old 5/19/06, 09:09 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The waggon was a hater....

Well I was on my way home from work tonight and spotted and SRT8 Magnum infront of me. I passed him at about 80 and just kept on crusing. Didnt throw a rev or even antagonize him. I was thinking to myself "Why dont these guys come out and play with me?" Well about 2 miles from the interchange to get onto the 15 freeway I see him pull out and come from behind. So I drop it into 3rd and shift hard to 4th and kept the distance between us from shrinking. I think he was surprised to see that I wasn't slow. Well I merge onto the 15 and he is about 6 cars back in traffic. I dont think that he will play with me still since im a mustang and all. Well I was wrong. I let him get infront of me as he passes me on the left and I follow his lead. He dosnt go much above 90 as were trying to find a clearing. Well he gets the jump and I pull him back in slowly but we hit a wall of traffic as 120 mph approaches. Follow some more and were at about 70 MPH when we hit it at the same time. 3rd gear is pumping as I watch the tach climb to 6300 RPM's. Still not closing the 2 car gap between us. I power shift into 4th and thats just what my baby needed as I pull up behind him realing him in. We both slow down and I roll down my window and give him a big thumbs up. He moves over and slows down to my passenger side and Im grinning giving him a thumbs up and then to my surprise he is giving me a big !THUMBS DOWN! and mouthing "Piece of Sh*t!" over and over. So needless to say this guy is a poor loser. But that was fun for the day. Relieved the stress of the work day. Not another bad run for my little pony.
Old 5/19/06, 09:17 AM
Mach 1 Member

That sucks. You never know what you're gonna get when you race someone. It's not like you embarrased him. He has a fast car and you have a fast car, and they were both pretty evenly matched. And from your story, you didn't make any cheap moves or anything like that, so he's probably just bitter that your $26k Mustang showed him up in a wagon that cost almost $40k. All the more reason to be happy!!!
Old 5/19/06, 09:34 AM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
but he can haul more stuff...
Old 5/19/06, 05:07 PM
FR500 Member

...and he has a "HEMI" in it.
Old 5/20/06, 09:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

and his car weighs (at least) about 1k more than yours...
Old 5/23/06, 03:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DrunkenDragon713
and his car weighs (at least) about 1k more than yours...
Mustang weigh 3400lbs?

Also, to the original poster: Hows Riverside? I'm in 'Elsinore. Sucks out here, doesn't it?
Old 7/22/06, 05:50 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'll bet you any money he was cussing a blue streak when he couldn't get away from you and in fact you started GAINING on him. THAT is what pissed him off, I guarantee it.

These SRT guys are going to be real upset when the first SE models start showing up with like 350-375 in them. SRT will suddenly stand for "Should Return That!".
Old 7/22/06, 05:55 PM
I'm people, and I like.

Originally Posted by 97svtgoin05gt
These SRT guys are going to be real upset when the first SE models start showing up with like 350-375 in them. SRT will suddenly stand for "Should Return That!".
We've been waiting long enough!!! Where are they??? not even a hint or a spy shot
Old 7/23/06, 11:42 AM
GTR Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
300HPGT, you really have to think before shouting about doing 120mph street racing. This is a very popular forum, you have just admitted that you broke the law in a big way. In 2 minutes, I managed to find your dad's licence plate details, from there, it wouldn't be difficult to find you.

take care

J
Old 7/23/06, 07:47 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
[quote=Every_Mn]Mustang weigh 3400lbs?

With a full tank of gas-without driver, mine was 3480lbs on Moroso's scale. I have a base-no frills deluxe. Those with the stereo's and leather probably weigh more.

PS. I had a magnum SRT8 for about 6 months, other than the lemon-lawed transmission problem, it is a very fast car-once it is moving.
Old 10/5/06, 11:30 AM
Bullitt Member

I also own a Magnum SRT8. It's definately faster than my GT, and that's no slam against my GT.

Make all the hemi comments you like - the 6.1 is a beast and deserves credit.

Yes, it's a wagon - but it has a top speed of over 170 mph, handles like it's on rails, has brembo brakes and I've gotten a 13.03 at the track with it stock. Beats hauling the kids around in Tahoe or Honda Odyssey.
Old 10/5/06, 12:37 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by jgsmuzzy
300HPGT, you really have to think before shouting about doing 120mph street racing. This is a very popular forum, you have just admitted that you broke the law in a big way. In 2 minutes, I managed to find your dad's licence plate details, from there, it wouldn't be difficult to find you.

take care

J
No proof, no witness, be kinda hard to prosecute based on a story he told on line.
Old 10/5/06, 02:52 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
if such a case were to happen, there would surely be controversy over how legitimate what a person says on an online forum is. who knows, maybe hes lying about street racing, maybe he's not. that would be an interesting case to watch....

anyway, i think James was just watching out and giving 300HPGT a heads up and reminding him to be careful

while that case i mentioned might be interesting, i sure wouldnt want to be the person involved. its all good.

and now that im done with that, nice kill but i have to admit i have a soft spot for the new Chrysler LX cars
Old 10/10/06, 02:07 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by MY05GT
No proof, no witness, be kinda hard to prosecute based on a story he told on line.
No but authorities can keep track of the vehicle and watch his moves. It was just a bit of friendly advice. I think James' main concern was the lack of safety in driving that fast.
Old 10/10/06, 07:08 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by future9er24
while that case i mentioned might be interesting, i sure wouldnt want to be the person involved. its all good.
I would definitely have to agree with that.

"No but authorities can keep track of the vehicle and watch his moves" -- that is also a really good point, they may not be able to do anything about the last one, but they sure can be watching for the next one.