Which is Better All Car vs. Car Topics

Viper backed down from challenge

Search this Thread

Old 1/16/05, 10:34 PM
TMS West Coast Correspondent

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On my way into work today, I pulled up behind a brand new SRT-10 w/ a hand made snk bitn license plate, when the light changed I pulled up on its right at the next light and looked over at him and his hottie wife/girlfriend and told him his car was sweet and then asked if he wanted to race just for fun, knowing that his car would just spank mine. (now this is a perfectly straight stretch of wide road with no one one it, Sundays the roads tend to be pretty empty in the afternoons around here with the exception of those that are taking out their cherry rides for a spin) He said no. I egged him on to no avail, I just wanted to see how the stang would stack up to an expensive muscle car and it wouldve been fun, but he persisted that he didnt want to race even after his chick got in on trying to pursade him to do so, anyway it didnt happen the light changed and I said fine and floored it while he slowly pulled away. What a winnie, I hate people that spend a fortune on a car to just look good in it, what good does it do to have so much power if your not ever going to use it, I know he had nothing to prove and it was obvious he would win, but cant you just have fun, isnt what this type of cars are for. Anyway, I think a forfit should count as a kill, so add a Viper to the list.
Old 1/16/05, 10:39 PM
Legacy TMS Member

or he coulda ended up like marty mcfly might have in back to the future and hit a car that blew a redlight and damaged his expensive car.
Old 1/16/05, 11:52 PM
GT Member

Back when I was silly enough to race on the street I remember a few times when 5L Mustangs pulled up along side me at a light wanting to race my old 69 Mustang.

I Always asked 1 question, is it stock? If they answered "Yes" I told them that there was no point in the race and come back when it wasn't stock.

Since at that time my car was a good 2 seconds quicker than a stock 5L why would you waste the gas. I still don't race honda's and VW's either for the same reasons. Of course that is not the case anymore, since there are lots of 5L and 4.6's that run 11's and 12's on the street now and my poor old mustang can't compete with that

Since a Viper runs probably 0-60 in low 4's and 1/4's in low 12's he may have also figured, Stock mustang, whats the point.

On the other hand, he may have just been the kind of wimp that would have bought the Viper and been happy if it had a 4 cyl engine in it because he never takes it over 70mph anyway.
Old 1/16/05, 11:57 PM
FR500 Member

He also may know that one more ticket added to his record means he loses everything! B)
Old 1/17/05, 12:45 AM
TMS West Coast Correspondent

yeah or he is just another yuppy who buys an expensive sports car to indulge in his midlife crisis and does not have the ***** to exceed 60mph
Old 1/17/05, 03:47 AM
FR500 Member

Hey, I resemble that remark...cept for the 70mph part.
Old 1/17/05, 04:44 AM
Bullitt Member

He would have annihlated you, seriously, do you race when a accord tries to start poo?
Old 1/17/05, 04:50 AM
FR500 Member

Only if he has a fart can
Old 1/17/05, 04:55 AM
GTR Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Maybe, just maybe he gets his kicks at the track?? Street racing can land you with severe fines (and if I am not mistaken, confiscation in some counties).

Street racing :nono: (just my opinion)
Old 1/17/05, 06:38 AM
rex
Mach 1 Member

In the jungle the Lion knows he's king...
Old 1/17/05, 07:01 AM
Mach 1 Member

Maybe he actually was driving a clone, a real good body kit bolted onto a Neon. He didn't want his girlfriend to know the truth, we will never know
Old 1/17/05, 07:04 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by rex@January 17, 2005, 7:41 AM
In the jungle the Lion knows he's king...
...and then falls to the ground with a .30" hole in his head and a severe case of lead poisoning
Old 1/17/05, 07:39 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Some people just know better than to race on city streets Also, he had nothing to prove....you would have gotten spanked in that race. Like they say "you gotta know when to pick your battles" and he obviously knew this would have been a waste of his time.
Old 1/17/05, 07:47 AM
Bullitt Member

Also entering into play comes the word ENTRAPMENT. :scratch: Many years ago, I ran against a '64 Dodge Hemi .The first light we go at it. Second light the same thing, him running just a half cars length behind. Third light we get to, he pulls in behind me, opens his door, walks up to my window, and opens his wallet to display a nice shiney " BADGE of THE LAW ". Oops! In an instant, he made me aware of street racing consequences.
Old 1/17/05, 07:55 AM
Jackass

Oh no a guy with a super fast car wouldn’t waste his time on you, he must be having a mid life crisis. You don’t know his life story, maybe he had a friend die in a racing accident or some other reason or just didn’t want to waste his time like others said. If he doesn’t race what ever you don’t have to post a thread about it like your better then him.
Old 1/17/05, 07:59 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Altoid@January 17, 2005, 8:58 AM
Oh no a guy with a super fast car wouldn’t waste his time on you, he must be having a mid life crisis. You don’t know his life story, maybe he had a friend die in a racing accident or some other reason or just didn’t want to waste his time like others said. If he doesn’t race what ever you don’t have to post a thread about it like your better then him.
" DITTO " Well said.
Old 1/17/05, 08:01 AM
Cobra Member

Just last week I saw a new Corvette being pulled up onto a flat bed with a police car behind it and the guy sitting on the curb, presumably the driver. I'm just guessing he was probably opening it up a bit and got nabbed. They have really started cracking down on speeders because of the popularity of street racing in recent years.

I'm OH so curious to run my friends 99 z28 (auto). Guy keeps egging me too, man I would love to shut him down. "c'mon man I got 100 bucks right here says you can't beat me" I'm more worried of getting caught than the possibility of losing to him, even though I'd never hear the end of it and have the humiliation of giving him my money.

Would have been cool if the viper guy bit though, like to see that.
Old 1/17/05, 01:01 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Last year I had a newer Trans-Am pull up next to me on a 1-way 2 lane street and he was reving his engine. I looked around and there were a bunch of school kids (elementary school to my right hand side) and some waiting to cross. The light turned red and he floored it. I slowly proceeded ahead. All of a sudden I hear a car flying up beside me and then past me. It was a cop. He must have been sitting on a side street just waiting for us to race.

Good thing I didn't bother because I was heading back the other way about 30 minutes later and his car was being towed.

I still say take it to the track to prove who has the faster car, or who is the better driver.
Old 1/17/05, 01:25 PM
Jackass

Originally posted by adrenalin@January 17, 2005, 2:04 PM
The light turned red and he floored it.
Maybe that's why he got pulled over.
Old 1/17/05, 02:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by rrobello@January 17, 2005, 1:48 AM
yeah or he is just another yuppy who buys an expensive sports car to indulge in his midlife crisis and does not have the ***** to exceed 60mph
Or he's just a guy who has his priorities in order and uses his brain ....

Quick Reply: Viper backed down from challenge