Which is Better All Car vs. Car Topics

Teaching a punk a lesson

Search this Thread

Old 8/21/05, 02:28 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Saturday night, around 1:00am, I was rolling down local Eagle Rock blvd. when some fool in a souped up pick up decides to boost his ego by beating a new Mustang GT. It was an older Chevy, not sure what model, and it was loud as heck, with racing stickers all over it. Sounded like some souped up V8. He started revving his motor and taunting me to race. I was reluctant at first, as there were a few cars on the road.

A stretch of road opens up and all of a sudden the guy guns it. "What the heck", I thought. I punched it and started to nose him out, but all the while keeping my eye on a car in my lane not too far ahead. As a result, I hit my rev limiter and bam, the engine cuts off on me . Never happened before, but needless to say, I lost that run and now there's this obnoxious punk thinking he smoked me easy.

Whatever, I thought, I'll just let it go. I know I could beat this punk in a straight race.

Of course, this guy's newly inflated ego just won't let it go, and he decides to taunt me even more with a thumbs down :notnice: gesture. Now I can feel my latin blood boiling in my veins . Time to get serious and teach this punk a lesson. I pull up next to him at the next light and he yells out, "All show, no go!" That does it.

This idiot starts revving his engine again loudly within earshot of 2 LEOs on the other side of the street, making them turn their heads. "What a genius, I'm thinking". The light turns green and we start rolling again. I scan my rearview mirror to see if the officers have decided to take action. They haven't. We roll down a few more blocks when I see my opening. There is a long clear stretch of road so I pull up next to him and slam it into 2nd, as he simultaneously gears down as well. This time I start walking him with ease, and as I approach 6K on the tach, I slam into third and I can hear the melodious "chirp" from my rear tires as I leave this fool in the dust. Once I have several car lengths on him, I figure I have proven my point so I hit the brakes and wait for him to catch up, 'cause it's my turn to talk some s**t.

Funny thing about these punks though. They're cowards. They can dish it out but they can't take it. I see him pull a quick "getaway" as he suddenly pulls into a nearby motel parking lot. I just crack a grin and laugh. Typical.

Sad thing is he's probably gonna go bragging to his buddies about how he smoked a new Mustang. LMAO.
Old 8/21/05, 02:43 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Nice job. I hate taking crap from punks like that. Every time I see an Evo or Camaro around town, I get revved at.

Typical of him to bow out like that. Can dish it but can't take it.
Old 8/21/05, 10:20 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Why is this guy a punk? You were both street racing!
Old 8/21/05, 10:39 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Imaturity at its finest on both parts.
Old 8/21/05, 10:47 AM
Bullitt Member

I cant wait until I get my Mustang. People are going to pull up to me and rev up off the line. I am going to do the same time. Then when they fly off the line like a tool I am just going to slowly accelerate. Wanna race, go to the track.
Old 8/21/05, 10:50 AM
Cobra Member

:nono:
Who's the punk? The punk, or the one that follows the punk?
Old 8/21/05, 11:19 AM
V6 Member

Cant wait for my Mustang either... Someone pulls up next to me, revs the engine, all Im going to do is roll the window down and show em my badge. Might not be winning any races, but I'll scare the poop out of a few people
Old 8/21/05, 12:04 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by DCPD158@August 21, 2005, 11:22 AM
Cant wait for my Mustang either... Someone pulls up next to me, revs the engine, all Im going to do is roll the window down and show em my badge. Might not be winning any races, but I'll scare the poop out of a few people
Old 8/21/05, 12:31 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What the heck I say. They ask for it, smoke em. Especially if it's a Chevy. Chevy people think they're cars are all blessed no matter how many pieces may be hanging off them.
Old 8/21/05, 12:36 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by Rebel73@August 21, 2005, 4:31 AM
... Now I can feel my latin blood boiling in my veins ...
Not to make a stereotype, but I've noticed this behavior from a couple latin coworkers. Is that a common thing for hispanic's to have shorter tempers?
Old 8/21/05, 12:46 PM
Bullitt Member

Just don't get between a latin guy and his girlfriend=)
Old 8/21/05, 12:54 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
Originally posted by Rebel73@August 21, 2005, 4:31 AM
... 'cause it's my turn to talk some s**t.

... Funny thing about these punks though. They're cowards...

... Sad thing is he's probably gonna go bragging to his buddies about how he smoked...

Yeah, these punks are all cut out of the same mold. They talk s**t, they are cowards,
and then go bragging to their buddies.

Old 8/21/05, 01:14 PM
FR500 Member

And for all the naysayers, please, we get it.

It's not black and white, it's very gray IMO.
Old 8/21/05, 05:00 PM
Mach 1 Member

There are punks of every size, color and race in every circle.
Thats a fact of life. Even some mustang owners are punks.
Old 8/21/05, 05:35 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by 97svtgoin05gt@August 21, 2005, 12:34 PM
Chevy people think they're cars are all blessed no matter how many pieces may be hanging off them.
Sorry, I know my Chevy's a piece of crap, especially because of the pieces hanging off.
Old 8/21/05, 06:13 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by ponyboy66@August 21, 2005, 5:03 PM
Even some mustang owners are punks.
A good deal of them are. I wouldn't underestimate pickups on the street, you might get rocked one day. I know a truck that ran 10.6 street legal, stock firestone tires. Now he has a bigger turbo.
Old 8/21/05, 06:20 PM
Bullitt Member

Every time I read one of these BS "Guess who I smoked threads" I just see my insurance going up, because of all the immature owners of high performance cars racing on the street. When I was 17, I owned a 65 mustang with a warmed up motor, and goofed around once and a while on the street. I was 17 and stupid. Now I'm 28 and waiting on my 3rd stang to be built, and when someone revs up next to me, they are going to beat me every time. Keep the racing on the track.
Old 8/21/05, 06:46 PM
She's Back and Strapped!

The ownership and management of TheMustangSource.com do not condone, endorse, approve of, or encourage speed contests on public roads, and messages posted on these forums by the membership reflect the views of the authors of said messages and do not reflect the views or opinions of the ownership of TheMustangSource.com.

In addition, as soon as this thread goes south, its getting shut down. Keep it happy folks.
Old 8/21/05, 07:00 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by jvm051@August 21, 2005, 5:23 PM
Every time I read one of these BS "Guess who I smoked threads" I just see my insurance going up, because of all the immature owners of high performance cars racing on the street. When I was 17, I owned a 65 mustang with a warmed up motor, and goofed around once and a while on the street. I was 17 and stupid. Now I'm 28 and waiting on my 3rd stang to be built, and when someone revs up next to me, they are going to beat me every time. Keep the racing on the track.

Exactly, insurance is way too high these days and we don't need people out there acting stupid because of their huge egos. Insurance for me is gonna be 3500 for my V6 and I have a clean record and all the discounts they pass out. Everytime I see an article about another Mustang gets wrecked street racing, I just see the money come out of my pockets. I can afford it but I would rather have that money go elsewhere.
Soon we're going to be reading an article about a street racing mustang killing an innocent person. I hope that doesn't happen but if it does the driver will have to live with it the rest of their life in JAIL (if they're survive the crash). We have enough obstacles on the road these days, we don't need street racers.
Old 8/21/05, 07:03 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Let he who hath not street raced cast the first stone.

In the great state of FL, anytime you are maximum accelerating, even if you're the only car on the road, it is considered racing. Which is punishable on the second offense by confiscating the vehicle. Also, in TN, anytime you are at the mechanical limits of the vehicle(such as the acclerater floored), this is considered drag racing, punishable by having the vehicle impounded.

So more of us are guilty of street racing than we think. I'm far more worried about drunk drivers than somebody "just testing the old girl out".

Sometimes, you just gotta let the big dog eat.

Or you might as well drive a ____(slow 4 banger of your choice).

Keep it safe, take it to the track. 10 bucks on test and tune nights, run all night 'till you're out o' gas and the tires are bald.

Quick Reply: Teaching a punk a lesson