Which is Better All Car vs. Car Topics

Steeda vs MPT vs Bama competition

Search this Thread

Old 9/22/13, 09:32 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
With the latest news of Steeda now offering the free tunes for life program, it really makes me wonder. How good is Steeda. How much better throttle response, firmness in shifts and acceleration will Steeda tune bring. Lately, performance tunes have been a hot topic on the forums which has people including myself wondering. Which tuning company provides the most power gains from there tunes.

Who provides the most HP and torque gains? You always here positive things about Steeda, Bama along with MPT. Since AM offers free tunes for life they really seem to shine above the rest on customers who use there tunes but do they provide the most HP and torque gains or do other tuning companies unlock more hidden power.

Its been said that while AM provides a very good tune, they tend to be on the conservative side with there tunes and leave a lot of hidden power. So the big question is. Between Steeda, MPT and American Muscle who makes the most powerful tune with the largest HP and torque gains.

My mustang club is having its first dyno day this Saturday 9/28/13 and really would love to settle this question. I currently have a bama 91 Octane hybrid tune along with a 91 octane MPT race performance tune. I bit the bullet and ordered the Steeda free tunes for life. I ordered a 91 octane tune from them as well.

I am hoping to make 300 HP to the WHEELS based on my mods. This will be a fair test consisting of all three octane tunes which will be 91. There will be no added or removed parts or power modifications. I do not work for any performance tuning company so I am biased and the numbers will speak for itself. I will get the print out of each dyno report and post it up here. My car has the following power mods that will affect the HP and torque numbers:

Performance tune
Airraid CAI
BBK ceramic long tube headers
Off road X pipe.
Flowmaster Force II axle back exhaust

So may the most powerful tune win. Steeda , vs MPT, vs Bama

Last edited by 2011 Kona Blue; 9/22/13 at 09:35 PM.
Old 9/22/13, 09:49 PM
Just Plain Rude!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
I think you'll see similar power gains between all three, but I'm very interested to see your results.
Old 9/23/13, 04:52 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by stupidgenius36
I think you'll see similar power gains between all three, but I'm very interested to see your results.
That's exactly what I want to find out. Lol My MPT tune feels more powerful than my hybrid tune but is it? And if so how much more power, HP and torque does it make? I'm very interested to get the results and report back with the data. After that , Cecil County dragstrip to see which tune provides the fastest 1/4 mile times. Lol

Last edited by 2011 Kona Blue; 9/23/13 at 04:54 AM.
Old 9/23/13, 08:36 AM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue
With the latest news of Steeda now offering the free tunes for life program, it really makes me wonder. How good is Steeda. How much better throttle response, firmness in shifts and acceleration will Steeda tune bring. Lately, performance tunes have been a hot topic on the forums which has people including myself wondering. Which tuning company provides the most power gains from there tunes.

Who provides the most HP and torque gains? You always here positive things about Steeda, Bama along with MPT. Since AM offers free tunes for life they really seem to shine above the rest on customers who use there tunes but do they provide the most HP and torque gains or do other tuning companies unlock more hidden power.

Its been said that while AM provides a very good tune, they tend to be on the conservative side with there tunes and leave a lot of hidden power. So the big question is. Between Steeda, MPT and American Muscle who makes the most powerful tune with the largest HP and torque gains.

My mustang club is having its first dyno day this Saturday 9/28/13 and really would love to settle this question. I currently have a bama 91 Octane hybrid tune along with a 91 octane MPT race performance tune. I bit the bullet and ordered the Steeda free tunes for life. I ordered a 91 octane tune from them as well.

I am hoping to make 300 HP to the WHEELS based on my mods. This will be a fair test consisting of all three octane tunes which will be 91. There will be no added or removed parts or power modifications. I do not work for any performance tuning company so I am biased and the numbers will speak for itself. I will get the print out of each dyno report and post it up here. My car has the following power mods that will affect the HP and torque numbers:

Performance tune
Airraid CAI
BBK ceramic long tube headers
Off road X pipe.
Flowmaster Force II axle back exhaust

So may the most powerful tune win. Steeda , vs MPT, vs Bama
Originally Posted by stupidgenius36
I think you're going to see very similar gains between all 3 of the tunes. I'm very interested to see the results, definitely let us know! To answer the question about our tunes being conservative, this is true to an extent. We will write our tunes as aggressive as we feel we can safely deliver without datalogging. After you receive your tune and would like to datalog we can definitely make some adjustments to your tune!

Please let me know if you'd like us to make any adjustments to your tune or if you have any questions!

-Dan

Last edited by AMDanBailer; 9/23/13 at 08:38 AM.
Old 9/23/13, 08:50 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by AMDanBailer

I think you're going to see very similar gains between all 3 of the tunes. I'm very interested to see the results, definitely let us know! To answer the question about our tunes being conservative, this is true to an extent. We will write our tunes as aggressive as we feel we can safely deliver without datalogging. After you receive your tune and would like to datalog we can definitely make some adjustments to your tune!

Please let me know if you'd like us to make any adjustments to your tune or if you have any questions!

-Dan
Regardless of the results, I love my hybrid tune and will continue to use it along with my other bama tunes. I will have a loaded arsenal of tunes to choose from depending on the situation. Lol

Last edited by 2011 Kona Blue; 9/23/13 at 08:53 AM.
Old 9/23/13, 09:42 AM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue
Regardless of the results, I love my hybrid tune and will continue to use it along with my other bama tunes. I will have a loaded arsenal of tunes to choose from depending on the situation. Lol
Awesome! I'm glad you really like your Bama tune. Let me know if you ever need some assistance man!

-Dan