Which is Better All Car vs. Car Topics

Raced a Corvette C-5 Yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 3/9/05, 12:19 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wiat let me clarify... stock it will beat just about anything out there but with a few mods... don't be surprised of countless stories of them creaming 1000cc sport bikes and such. i mean with just lid, exhaust, and ecu. remember GM make awesome transmissions and much better IRS than Ford. so the comments about locking up can be relative too.

oh and of course you can can mod a cobra to hang with a Z06 of course... but the aerodynamics always come into play. and the Vette... will always have that edge.
Old 3/9/05, 12:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

Now that would be a site to see. A Z06 raping a 1000cc sport bike... Hmm :dazed: ......
Old 3/9/05, 12:45 PM
V6 Member

its not that far off... my friend's turbo ls1 TA has done it... several times... and thats only a TA and only LS1.... imagine a 7.0 liter LS7 with a bit more HP!!! and better aerodynamics!! and it wont be 85k.... to me it will be around 60-65k.... mark my words. GM knows it will lose if they go to Viper price territory.
Old 3/9/05, 12:45 PM
V6 Member

its not that far off... my friend's turbo ls1 TA has done it... several times... and thats only a TA and only LS1.... imagine a 7.0 liter LS7 with a bit more HP!!! and better aerodynamics!! and it wont be 85k.... to me it will be around 60-65k.... mark my words. GM knows it will lose if they go to Viper price territory.
Old 3/9/05, 12:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by The_Wretched@March 9, 2005, 2:48 PM

Really?? because the numbers and research I have found that this new C5 will be pushing in/close to ferrari territory, I'm not even thinking viper anymore. Just a thought to stir up some debate. I honestly will have to wait till production to find out though. My buddy has an 04 Viper, and he's been biting his nails even since the speculations of the new vette came out. :cry:
Old 3/9/05, 01:04 PM
V6 Member

yeah it is speculation... but think of it this way. the c5 Z06 is known for consistent low 12's and possible low 11's. that with 405HP and 6.0 Liters under the hood. Now add better traction, bigger engine about 95hp more and better aerodynamics.... oh believe me it's very close to reality. i've driven a Viper so many times since my tenureship with Dodge... (no flames) that it does impress me but not to the point where im dying to own one. it is very fast and very impressive... and very exotic... but it is not a car i would own for many reasons.

i personally have always loved vettes... to me they are the epitomy of american ingenuity and class. and the epitomy of american speed. but it will be interesting... now with the viper coupe making a return. it will be very interesting.

i would love to own a c6 Z06 but reality is that i can't afford one. but that don't mean if i end up buying a 07 cobra... i won't mod the crap out of it. and in which case is still not far off... cus i have a gut feeling the new cobra will be even better than the 03-04 Terminator... if that's possible.

so 3 cars to look forward to 07 Cobra SVT or whatever they want to call it, the 06 z06 and 06 Viper.... I LOVE AMERICA!!!!

U can tell I'm excited huh???
Old 3/9/05, 01:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by The_Wretched@March 9, 2005, 3:07 PM
yeah it is speculation... but think of it this way. the c5 Z06 is known for consistent low 12's and possible low 11's. that with 405HP and 6.0 Liters under the hood. Now add better traction, bigger engine about 95hp more and better aerodynamics.... oh believe me it's very close to reality. i've driven a Viper so many times since my tenureship with Dodge... (no flames) that it does impress me but not to the point where im dying to own one. it is very fast and very impressive... and very exotic... but it is not a car i would own for many reasons.

i personally have always loved vettes... to me they are the epitomy of american ingenuity and class. and the epitomy of american speed. but it will be interesting... now with the viper coupe making a return. it will be very interesting.

i would love to own a c6 Z06 but reality is that i can't afford one. but that don't mean if i end up buying a 07 cobra... i won't mod the crap out of it. and in which case is still not far off... cus i have a gut feeling the new cobra will be even better than the 03-04 Terminator... if that's possible.

so 3 cars to look forward to 07 Cobra SVT or whatever they want to call it, the 06 z06 and 06 Viper.... I LOVE AMERICA!!!!

U can tell I'm excited huh???

It's about frigin time American Automobile is stirring some buzz, for so many annoying years it been the lawn mower powered Honda's and Acuras. I'm so relieved to finally see some positive reviews and in some cases stating how the foreign car isn't up to american aspects!!! I my pants when I read that since most reviewers are biased towards those darn foreign cars. Sorry for hijacking the thread.

Matt
Old 3/10/05, 06:49 AM
V6 Member

no way Matt... don't be sorry. I am **** proud to be a red blooded American and represent in our of our most profound contributions to society... the MUSCLE CAR!!!! Hear! Hear!