Which is Better All Car vs. Car Topics

I can't believe this...

Search this Thread

Old 8/1/05, 10:29 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So finally after almost a year of waiting , we're ready to order our stang, when one of my friends shows up last night in his brand spankin new Infinity g35 M6 coupe. While wer'e discussing the new mustang he throws the keys over, and says, have fun, take her out for a few hours. Well, wife gets in the car and she's hooked. The interior was much more "luxurious" and the power, performance handling wasnt bad either. That car has juice and comes with a lot more standard features thanthe stang. Any who,..after driving for about half an hour, and not to say half an hour of convincing that the mustang is a mustang, she's convinced but i know when the time comes,...she miiighht just change her mind. Mind you,..she's a huge stang fan as well, she's owned more than 5 stangs , and she's only 25. Here's where i need your help guys,
Throw me the specs,..kills, what ever you can, so i can show, convince the wife that the mustang is a whole lotta better deal, yeah the interior isnt as good as the infinity but hey,.....it isnt bad either.
Old 8/1/05, 10:37 AM
Mach 1 Member

What's the M6 cost? Is it as inexpensive at the Mustang?
Old 8/1/05, 10:42 AM
GT Member

I can't believe that she's owned five Mustangs and that she's even slightly thinking about not buying arguably the best Mustang built in the past 35 years. I love the interior on the new Mustang. I too have had a couple of Mustangs previous to this one and the interior was garbage. All of this is irrelevant though. I would think the only thing you'd have to do to lock her in on the new Mustang is start talking about all of the things the EXTRA 8 GRAND in your pocket can buy. Your going to save atleast that much by going with the Mustang. That can buy a lot of shoes.
Old 8/1/05, 10:43 AM
Mach 1 Member

My guess is the Infinity is going to be approximately $5K more. Could be more or less depending on what you pay for the Stang and what options you get on the Inf. I think the G coupes are very nice, stylish and a nice V6, but you shouldn't need too much info to convince her that the Mustang is faster. It is! I think the G has less power and weighs more, so it's a no brainer. But, you're right, the G has a "nicer" interior from what I have seen on them. But, the Mustang int. is not bad by any means!
Old 8/1/05, 10:48 AM
Mach 1 Member

I really liked the G35 at first, but the "bubble" styling is starting to get boring. 350Z, AudiTT, G35, etc... Look nice and refined but they just aren't inspiring like they were at first, while the Mustang looks just as good as the day it was unveiled.

Also, if I were to get a G35 I'd have to get it loaded. If you're going luxury, go all the way. Nav. and everything. Now you're talking ALOT more $.
Old 8/1/05, 10:51 AM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
The G35 may be a nice car and go to 10....
...but the stang...it goes to 11

'nuff said
Old 8/1/05, 10:59 AM
GT Member

I just checked the specs for a g35 m6 sprt package and it's obviously less than the mustang when it comes to performance:-
298 HP
Max torque 270.

The only thing i can see is, that i'll be shelling out approx $9k more to get less power and more eyecandy, the car does have more standard features than the stang though.
I need to have the wife sit in aGT...and FAST!!
Old 8/1/05, 11:01 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by InertialVenom@August 1, 2005, 12:32 PM
Here's where i need your help guys,
Throw me the specs,..kills, what ever you can, so i can show, convince the wife that the mustang is a whole lotta better deal, yeah the interior isnt as good as the infinity but hey,.....it isnt bad either.

Tell her a 19-22 old would love an O5 GT

Not the same apples, :scratch: let her have both if she is worth it.
Old 8/1/05, 11:03 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by Badsnke98@August 1, 2005, 11:04 AM
Tell her a 19-22 old would love an O5 GT

Not the same apples, :scratch: let her have both if she is worth it.

I'll be sleeping in one of them after putting up the house for sale.
Old 8/1/05, 11:13 AM
Mach 1 Member

If you can swing the $$$ for the G35. Then bribe her with some bling-bling stone on her finger with the price difference between the 2 cars.

Then you'll both be happy.
Old 8/1/05, 11:19 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Know someone who traded in their '05 for a 350Z (aka the G35 coupes brother) and ended up losing $3K on the deal. I've seen the numbers and sat in both and I liked the Mustang better, but I'm crazy like that. Personally for my $$$ its Mustang all the way.
Old 8/1/05, 11:26 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by InertialVenom@August 1, 2005, 1:02 PM
I just checked the specs for a g35 m6 sprt package and it's obviously less than the mustang when it comes to performance:-
298 HP
Max torque 270.

The only thing i can see is, that i'll be shelling out approx $9k more to get less power and more eyecandy, the car does have more standard features than the stang though.
I need to have the wife sit in aGT...and FAST!!
Would be curious about the weight diff as well. The G35X probably performs better.

Drove both the G35 Sedan and the Coupe. The sedan felt like, well, a sedan.

The coupe could move, but it felt very rear-end heavy and "insulated". There was no "driving experience", felt very disconnected from the road. Was impressed by the specs, very unimpressed by the experience.
Old 8/1/05, 11:31 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Boomer@August 1, 2005, 12:54 PM
The G35 may be a nice car and go to 10....
...but the stang...it goes to 11

'nuff said

These ones DEFINATELY go to 11!

ha ha ha ha

You get the stang, you get the style you get the power. You get to laugh all the way to the bank!

Edit: Wrong quote. MAN I'm having trouble today! LOL!
Old 8/1/05, 11:33 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by 6505pony@August 1, 2005, 11:16 AM
If you can swing the $$$ for the G35. Then bribe her with some bling-bling stone on her finger with the price difference between the 2 cars.

Then you'll both be happy.

hmmmmmmmm.......nowthere's an idea.

I hear the rest of you guys though. Im convinced on the stang there's no doubt in my mind about my next car. Has anyone raced /"killed" a g35 m6 coupe though. I gotta ell ya, i drove that car last night, and maaaan those cars are fast, and all the while im driving im thinking, if i think this is fast, the stang haaaas to feel much better than this. 260 and 320 is a heck of a lotta torque difference. Am i right?
Old 8/1/05, 11:35 AM
Bullitt Member

WORD
Old 8/1/05, 11:47 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
You can't really compare the Mustang GT and the Infinity G35. You get a Mustang if you want an American Muscle car with a long tradition. It will become a classic. You have to have the "feeling" of wanting to be a part of something truly American. The Infinity is a good car but it will not be a classic and probably will not be cherisihed in the years to come as a Mustang will. You don't see a bunch of car guys getting together at a car show with their G35s, but there always will be car shows full of new and classic Mustangs! I guess I'm saying that owning a Mustang is more than just owning a new car. Since you asked, that's my opinion. Whatever you get, enjoy it.
Old 8/1/05, 12:08 PM
Team Mustang Source

The G35 is a nice car. You could smoke one from stop light to stop light. At highway speed though they hang pretty tough. I wasn't moving much on one but then again I don't push my car to the limit.
Old 8/1/05, 12:50 PM
Bullitt Member

Nobody will say: "Wow! is this the new G35? It looks even better than the classic!". G35 will have a better resale value and better reliability, but your wife will be a lot less proud driving it. It all comes down to the image and the feel of a Mustang vs. another japanese car.
Old 8/1/05, 02:07 PM
V6 Member

The question I asked myself before ordering my 06 was, how will I feel in 5 years when the car is paid off? If i got the RX8 or 350Z (in your case the G35) that I was looking at.. would i appreciate the car in 5 years...

IMO with a luxury sports car, such as the G35, part of the luxury is the newness.. how classic will it be in 5 years when there are newer.. nicer versions on the road?

AS opposed to the Mustang, that will always be regarded an an American icon, regardless of its age.

Altho, I will say, those G35s are very nice... my wife looked at them before getting her Acura TSX.
Old 8/1/05, 03:24 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by 05StangPwnedMe@August 1, 2005, 2:10 PM
The question I asked myself before ordering my 06 was, how will I feel in 5 years when the car is paid off? If i got the RX8 or 350Z (in your case the G35) that I was looking at.. would i appreciate the car in 5 years...

IMO with a luxury sports car, such as the G35, part of the luxury is the newness.. how classic will it be in 5 years when there are newer.. nicer versions on the road?

AS opposed to the Mustang, that will always be regarded an an American icon, regardless of its age.

Altho, I will say, those G35s are very nice... my wife looked at them before getting her Acura TSX.
I felt the same way when getting my 05. I new if I got a 350z, G35, or RX-8 as soon as they were updated then my car wouldn't have the same value. Well maybe the Z would hold it since it does have a history as well.

Quick Reply: I can't believe this...